{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 28, 2018 5:58 pm

PaulG wrote:Apparently there were seven former Academy players in Coventry's team today! Clearly, it can be done.

Probably four. Lee Burge, Jordan Willis, Jordan Shipley and Tom Bayliss.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Mon May 28, 2018 6:50 pm

PaulG wrote:Apparently there were seven former Academy players in Coventry's team today! Clearly, it can be done.

Dont tell the Vice President, he only sees Academy players as relegation fodder.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Vice President » Mon May 28, 2018 7:42 pm

garlic wrote:

Dont tell the Vice President, he only sees Academy players as relegation fodder.

Nice one! ;)
But seriously, I know nothing about our youth players. Can you tell me which ones are good enough/ready to play in a promotion team?
I am genuinely interested to know the names, so I can keep an eye out for them.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon May 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Vice President wrote:
garlic wrote:

Nice one! ;)
But seriously, I know nothing about our youth players. Can you tell me which ones are good enough/ready to play in a promotion team?

Id say none of them, seeing as were sending them on loan to pub teams....

But you don't know until you give them ago.. Our youth team is often praised for winning everything but little information about the players comes through. I think under DF more youth will be given a go
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Vice President wrote:
garlic wrote:

Nice one! ;)
I don't think anyone can judge until they have trained with the first team squad and been involved in a league 2 game.

Thankfully some will train with the first team squad which is the first important step.

After that they will need to stand out in training in order to make the first eleven. I suppose it will depend on the quality of the players DF brings in on transfer as to wether they stand out.

The good thing is at least some will now get the opportunity to shine.

It would be great to see one or two breaking through on merit next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 29, 2018 6:27 am

The pre season matches against the better opposition will be an ideal time to blood the young lads. At least one per game given 45mins from the start to make an impact and show if they have what it takes. They may well shine, or they may well have a stinker. Either way there's nowt to lose in PSFs.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 am

PSF matches are so misleading though Mark. You would never have signed Krystian Pearce based on his performance at Rainworth and everybody was raving about Nathan Thomas and Adi Yussuf. Last season it was Paul Digby and Lee Angol who were going to be the star men. I'll wait and see how our players (young and old) perform when there are three points at stake.

We also did not really have a good idea about Steve Evans' Starting XI until the season kicked off but then again neither did he! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 am

I still think Paul Digby has something to offer although I don't have any insight into how he trains or personality.

I think the point that's being missed here is that JR is saying give youth a chance ( if they are good enough) not force fit them into the team. There is no value in destroying players by playing them too soon but I can't believe that with a bench of 7 you cant fit someone on there to give them experience. I'm sure it can only be good to be around older more experienced heads.

In most businesses talent is identified and fast tracked and I'm sure the Management team have a good idea who stand the best chance of making it and who need more input and focus.

Its really simple - if they are good enough they should be considered not automatically excluded.

I also think good use of the loan market is imperative.....look what Jorge Grant did for Notts and for that matter what Whiteman did for us
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 am

The Peterborough Chairman is clearly not a fan of young loan players. I'd be happy with taking Jorge Grant for a season though.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

Depends on the deal you do I would have thought.

If I was sending a youngster out on loan I would think part of the growing up was to have to earn your place and sometimes train all week and not play on Saturdays. That's football...
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 29, 2018 11:07 am

Spiritater wrote:The pre season matches against the better opposition will be an ideal time to blood the young lads. At least one per game given 45mins from the start to make an impact and show if they have what it takes. They may well shine, or they may well have a stinker. Either way there's nowt to lose in PSFs.

Totally agree.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 pm

If this ex agent twitter account is to be believed then Hemmings isn’t coming back here
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Peterborough Chairman is clearly not a fan of young loan players. I'd be happy with taking Jorge Grant for a season though.

This swollen gland cannot even spell divine.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:50 pm

We had a LB training with the u21 today not signed yet but if he does well what a signing it would be
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Young021 wrote:We had a LB training with the u21 today not signed yet but if he does well what a signing it would be

from what club?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Kenny Samsung
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Kenny Samsung

His he still mobile enough ? :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:41 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Young021 wrote:We had a LB training with the u21 today not signed yet but if he does well what a signing it would be

from what club?

he's a free agent who has played under flitcroft before. nothing 100% yet and another play collected all their stuff from the dressing room today
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed May 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Probably four. Lee Burge, Jordan Willis, Jordan Shipley and Tom Bayliss.

We haven't had 4 in the same team since 2002! Loads of clubs bring their own players through, it is folly to suggest they don't. We, very sadly, are not one of those clubs, we are not "famed" for bringing players through. If you won't even play the youth team graduates in a pre-season friendly then all hope is lost Darren :lol:

I can remember sat watching the Stags youth team in the FA Cup 5th round, Liam played and of course several others who made the grade. How great would it be to see one or two homegrown lads start the first pre-season game and not some journeyman released by his previous club for not being good enough.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sammythestag » Wed May 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Young021 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

from what club?

he's a free agent who has played under flitcroft before. nothing 100% yet and another play collected all their stuff from the dressing room today

Golbourne?
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tmwilson » Wed May 30, 2018 4:54 pm

Young021 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

from what club?

Why the hush , hush if he's a free agent ?
This is a transfer rumour thread not a game of guess who :lol:
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:57 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Young021 wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

from what club?

Why the hush , hush if he's a free agent ?
This is a transfer rumour thread not a game of guess who :lol:

cause the person who told me said I could not say his name...
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Did you sign a NDA?

If not, stop being a sock puppet :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 30, 2018 5:01 pm