{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:57 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:He's on the pictures in the article on official website

That’s Coke.

They'll get done by the doping team.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:There is no way on earth that we are signing him on a permo, he would cost £250k plus and if the rumours of 5k a week are true then it would be ridiculous

Pretty sure we paid a decent fee for Angol.

If it's a loan then the 5k quoted must be wrong. Also don't understand how we could 'double out offer to beat another club' if it was a loan?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:There is no way on earth that we are signing him on a permo, he would cost £250k plus and if the rumours of 5k a week are true then it would be ridiculous

Pretty sure we paid a decent fee for Angol.

If it's a loan then the 5k quoted must be wrong. Also don't understand how we could 'double out offer to beat another club' if it was a loan?

Butcher is on almost that
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:15 pm

True but it just seems very strange as to why he would want to join a league two side permanently and not stay on at a championship club but go out on loan
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:True but it just seems very strange as to why he would want to join a league two side permanently and not stay on at a championship club but go out on loan

Depends if forest manager has told him he’s not part of his plans, and can go if right offer comes in.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Can they at least throw Grant in as well for 5k a week :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Think we need to take the wages current players are on, and future with a pinch of salt. From what I’ve been told, Luke Berry was the highest paid player in league 2, on £2750 a week.

Carolyn said on the evening with, that players like to show off about wages, and say they are on more, than they actually are. Don’t forget, this is an “supposed” ex-agent, and this could be said to try and get the other club to up there offer to somewhere nearer the figure quoted.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 pm

No Breaks Allowed wrote:Think we need to take the wages current players are on, and future with a pinch of salt. From what I’ve been told, Luke Berry was the highest paid player in league 2, on £2750 a week.

Carolyn said on the evening with, that players like to show off about wages, and say they are on more, than they actually are. Don’t forget, this is an “supposed” ex-agent, and this could be said to try and get the other club to up there offer to somewhere nearer the figure quoted.

Ok we agree to differ. Also a number of Luton players on more than 2750
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 pm

be nice if he brings Grant with him, now that really would be a quality signings
looks like tomorrow’s press conference could be a good un
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:43 pm

I guess we’ll soon see if it’s permanent or loan, you can never know about wages but the numbers quoted seem high for Mansfield but you never know. Just got to trust the radfords.

That said I know a friend of a player signed under Evans, they say he wasn’t going to consider league 2 until he heard what we were offering.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:48 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:be nice if he brings Grant with him, now that really would be a quality signings
looks like tomorrow’s press conference could be a good un

Think Grant is another one about to board the Evans gravy train at Posh.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 pm

No Breaks Allowed wrote:Think we need to take the wages current players are on, and future with a pinch of salt. From what I’ve been told, Luke Berry was the highest paid player in league 2, on £2750 a week.

He needs to sack his agent :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Best rumour we have had for wks .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:39 pm

The One wrote:

You wouldn't know. You haven't seen their wage bill or players contracts. Talking usual stagsnet shitttteee... No one knows how much any players on, even if they told you, you still don't know without looking at their contract.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
The One wrote:

You wouldn't know. You haven't seen their wage bill or players contracts. Talking usual stagsnet shitttteee... No one knows how much any players on, even if they told you, you still don't know without looking at their contract.

Nasty nasty. I do know and do not talk raspberry chill, plus drink with someone on Luton Board most fridays in Milton Keynes. The 2750 is laughable. Like TTF said Berry should sack his agent
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 pm

The One wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
The One wrote:

Nasty nasty. I do know and do not talk raspberry chill, plus drink with someone on Luton Board most fridays in Milton Keynes. The 2750 is laughable. Like TTF said Berry should sack his agent

You don't know, end of.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:57 pm

People need to grow the **** up on here.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:32 am

In 45 years working I have never known a colleagues wage or told anyone what wages I am on . Also if you bump into mrs one f and she tells you she thinks I bring home about £300 please do not contradict her . :D
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:38 am

Tyler Walker will join Mansfield Town for an eye-watering £5k a week. They've pipped another League Two club by doubling their offer.
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am

bluenyellow wrote:Tyler Walker will join Mansfield Town for an eye-watering £5k a week. They've pipped another League Two club by doubling their offer.

See page 38 mate

It’s somewhere between the juvenile back biting and the billy big balls ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:54 am

Would imagine the "upped offer" would be around what proportion of his wages we would pay to borrow him for the season, similar to the Hemmings arrangements last term.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:56 am

Maybe Rose is being sold.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:54 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:People need to grow the **** up on here.

Exactly. I think hot weather got to their heads, nearly every post gets bombed now. Its a supporters site open to opinions.

May not post, just keep things to myself and just moderate.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:54 am

Conker wrote:Maybe Rose is being sold.

Why on earth would you think that?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:23 am

Looks like a loan, still a promising player so doubt it would be permanent. It wouldn't be too far out to suggest that a squad player in the championship is on £5k+ a week. When it comes to a loan alot of times clubs come in with offers to pay his wages as well. If 2 clubs match it then they would leave it up to the player to decide. Otherwise the club may suggest the club offering more.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum