{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Patience is a virtue they say but agree I am slightly restless with what seems to be the completely opposite approach to last season and we see little activity or info about recruitment and how its going.
That's all fine in some ways and understand the Radford's different approach this time but time before Portugal jolly is not far off now and whoever is going to play, young or old needs to book their tickets and print the boarding pass.
Looks like there will not be many signings overall anyway other than the striker and another midfielder??
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 am

Why haven’t we had communication from the manager, a little interview from Stevo, updates on the players in & out, pre season games, programme for Portugal etc etc
Nothing at all, it would seem our PR blueprint is Nil by mouth which taking into account our state of the art new training facility strange bizarre

try a little communication, we are still here

Tick Tock North Stand clock
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:11 am

Bennet may only happen if its a permanent signing for a small fee. Cant see it happening at the minute but things always change.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:17 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Why haven’t we had communication from the manager, a little interview from Stevo, updates on the players in & out, pre season games, programme for Portugal etc etc
Nothing at all, it would seem our PR blueprint is Nil by mouth which taking into account our state of the art new training facility strange bizarre

try a little communication, we are still here

Tick Tock North Stand clock

Probably as there is nothing to tell!

We know the pre season fixtures so what do you want to be said about that?

We know who and when we are playing in Portugal so what needs to be said about that? The full programme will still be being finalised so why comment until sorted?

Theres obviously no info to give on incomings or outgoings so why come out just to say "nothing to report".

There has been regularly updates and pics on the new training ground on social media.

When there is anything of significance to report, rest assured it I'm sure it will be.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 am

they are planning, sorting phoning on a daily basis the club dosent shut down just the players who go on holiday Flippy has them in all through the summer at different times anyway he told us at the end of season interview.

A good example of what i mean was the CJ interview, that was brilliant PR
apart from that .......nothing !

if you are happy with that like i said to Gripper Stebson on this post good for you however i know i speak for several fans that would request a little more effort close season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:32 am

Sedgwick wrote:Bennet may only happen if its a permanent signing for a small fee. Cant see it happening at the minute but things always change.

Don't understand why we would be interested in signing him. His issues with injuries are well documented.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 am

I agree Musings, why spend cash on a crock yet again?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 am

yorkshire stag wrote:they are planning, sorting phoning on a daily basis the club dosent shut down just the players who go on holiday Flippy has them in all through the summer at different times anyway he told us at the end of season interview.

if you are happy with that like i said to Gripper Stebson on this post good for you however i know i speak for several fans that would request a little more effort close season

So everything that has happened so far has been reported?

Do you want DF to come on and report every conversation he's had or maybe what he had for dinner last night?

I trust everyone is working tirelessly behind the scenes and as stated previously things will be reported when they happen.

So if this makes 'several' fans unhappy as you say then maybe write the club a strongly worded letter! ;-)
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am

yorkshire stag wrote:they are planning, sorting phoning on a daily basis the club dosent shut down just the players who go on holiday Flippy has them in all through the summer at different times anyway he told us at the end of season interview.

You don’t call the tune. You get what you’re given. If there’s nowt to say, say nowt. Living where you do, you may have heard that before.

Get back in your box. You aren’t important.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:This is glorious whoever has June 22nd in the Yorkies Head Exploding Sweep could be in for the jackpot!!

The sweepstake should be on the size of the blast radius! :P
Last edited by MutinyOnTheCounty on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:08 am

Personally, i'd prefer nothing until we know for sure who is signing. Half rumours and unclear communication will only annoy fans even more if/when some of these do not come off - we'll just have a spate of 'he was ready to sign, why did we let him walk away?' and assume it's all down to the club/gaffer failings. One thing's for sure - IF we fail to sign a string of decent players this summer, i doubt it will be because of DF sitting back and letting it all fail. The Radford's are just as influential in making this happen as anyone, but i wouldn't blame them if they refused to overpay based on what happened last time.

Failing that Yorkie, dust off yer '2 man surveillance tent' and ask Mez if you can put it on the pitch while you lay siege and keep lookout for anyone looking even vaguely player-ish turning up ;)
If anyone looks suspicious just kidnap them and subject them 20 days interrogation and white-noise treatment, till they cave and confess they're actually Pele in disguise :P
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am

i don’t know how about another player in with the Gaffa video clip like CJ loved that!

Fed up with no news days boring as a Bell-end reply
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:21 am

Gripper Stebson :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:24 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i don’t know how about another player in with the Gaffa video clip like CJ loved that!

Wow! So you've basically admitted your bored! Let's get press conferences and interviews arranged to report nothing just to appease your boredom!! :-P
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:41 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i don’t know how about another player in with the Gaffa video clip like CJ loved that!

Mate get yourself a hobby and keep yourself occupied, just watch World Cup games, soon passes by. Besides slow and steady wins the race, have faith. :mtfc:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:27 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:

Mate get yourself a hobby and keep yourself occupied, just watch World Cup games, soon passes by. Besides slow and steady wins the race, have faith. :mtfc:

TBH if it isn’t MTFC i’m not that bothered football wise, we just seemed to have gone to a press blackout at the mill, missing my Stags fix i guess !

might buy a dog n walk it up n down quarry lane next week
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 pm

I feel sorry for the poor dog.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 pm

James wrote:I feel sorry for the poor dog.

Jimmy come on you are better than that young man, dog would love it, in fact if i buy a German shepard i could patrol outside QL & protect the vans from fire starters
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mark6285 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Dembele supposedly at the ground today
Mark6285
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
James wrote:I feel sorry for the poor dog.

Jimmy come on you are better than that young man, dog would love it, in fact if i buy a German shepard i could patrol outside QL & protect the vans from fire starters

Get a wolf, they're better for the distance :P
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Mark6285 wrote:Dembele supposedly at the ground today

Moussa? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 pm

Would love this to be true but highly doubt it.
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:

Would love this to be true but highly doubt it.

Where’s Lance Corporal Dunno? He’ll know.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm

I have no intel on this apparent sighting.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum