{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 24, 2018 8:14 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
tibby wrote:Giancarlo Gallifuoco

That's easy for you to say pal.

Wait until Alan Wilson gets to say it :lol:
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu May 24, 2018 10:59 am

Craig jones from bury mentioned on TFF
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 24, 2018 11:16 am

spanishstag wrote:Craig jones from bury mentioned on TFF

Played 7 games last year, 90 minutes once....
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Thu May 24, 2018 3:24 pm

at the Radfords Q&A they said they were after signing quality names that would impress the fans, I've never heard of any of these players mentioned.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 24, 2018 4:04 pm

old ram stag wrote:at the Radfords Q&A they said they were after signing quality names that would impress the fans, I've never heard of any of these players mentioned.

when are stagsnet transfer rumours ever true?

never

on a side note there was a guy on FB who said Ollie banks was coming here, as he had heard that from his family. he's only gone and signed for Tranmere :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 pm

We do it every year. Let's wait and see who is signed and more importantly how they perform in the team, before we judge.

I can't see much movement until one or two of ours have been shipped out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu May 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Amber Andy wrote:We do it every year. Let's wait and see who is signed and more importantly how they perform in the team, before we judge.

You can't expect Yorkshire Stag to wait. Apparently DF shouldn't even have a family holiday in the close season. When else he thinks he should take it I have no idea.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu May 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Big yella wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:We do it every year. Let's wait and see who is signed and more importantly how they perform in the team, before we judge.

You can't expect Yorkshire Stag to wait. Apparently DF shouldn't even have a family holiday in the close season. When else he thinks he should take it I have no idea.

I thought DF had his long holiday from March to May?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Flip Flop needs to pull his finger out, every bugga is signing players get on with it man, how the hell do you expect fans to purchase exspensive season tickets when they don’t know the quality of ya new signings or the new away strip which as per normal will be available around Christmas

And as for a holiday he chuffin had one here since Fat lad went, but that’s another story looks like he is here till Christmas at least
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Flip Flop needs to pull his finger out, every bugga is signing players get on with it man, how the hell do you expect fans to purchase exspensive season tickets when they don’t know the quality of ya new signings or the new away strip which as per normal will be available around Christmas

And as for a holiday he chuffin had one here since Fat lad went, but that’s another story looks like he is here till Christmas at least

glad you don't run our club Yorkie, you'd have spent the transfer budget in 5 minutes signing every player than agents were offering. The season isn't even over yet , there's still play off finals and plenty more time to get our targets in.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Being first to signings doesn't necessarily mean you get the best players.

A shining example is Pearce. Probably our most consistent player over the last two seasons. He was signed late in the transfer window. I think he was signed after a trial.

Didn't do us much good being at the forefront of signings last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Flip Flop needs to pull his finger out, every bugga is signing players get on with it man, how the hell do you expect fans to purchase exspensive season tickets when they don’t know the quality of ya new signings or the new away strip which as per normal will be available around Christmas

Because of course the signing everything that moves in the first two weeks of the close season works every time doesn't it.

Oh hang on a minute maybe not.

Maybe you should check your own post on the stay or go thread where you wanted rid of ten, that's ten of those twelve quick signings.

My previous headgear comment stands.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Someone put him touch with the Samaritans!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Ok then Yorkie. Decision time.
Name your players who you would bring in to the squad?
Who would you pick and how much would you pay for them.
You have an imaginary kitty of £300k to spend.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 24, 2018 7:13 pm

why £300k Flip Flop has the same budget as fat lad JR has already said that

i need to see a list first youth, i would spend the most on a striker or two, big strong power house type & a goal machine say Akinde & Collins types
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:25 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:why £300k Flip Flop has the same budget as fat lad JR has already said that

i need to see a list first youth, i would spend the most on a striker or two, big strong power house type & a goal machine say Akinde & Collins types

I just wondered who you're preference was as I know you're keen to get a move on with the deals.

There's a few i'd like at the club - Collins would be top of that list along with Tom Hopper and Rowley at Spireites also on there (young and technically very good - if a bit raw).
Further back I'd go for a tough tackling centre mid (don't know who) who could release our better players.
I also liked Tootle at County but he's just signed again.
None of the above are/were unrealistic targets and the remainder could easily push us towards the Play Offs again.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Yorkie, you're always the highlight of my closed season.

So impatient that you make Trump look reasonable. Keep up the breathlessly irritable intolerance pal.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Yorkie, you're always the highlight of my closed season.

So impatient that you make Trump look reasonable. Keep up the breathlessly irritable intolerance pal.

i keep catching the odd double figure lurking in the margins mi owd miner, have no fear the old clock is being dusted off for Stagsnets favourite sound of the closed season
keep the faith ;)
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Thu May 24, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 24, 2018 7:48 pm

For my £300k I'd bring in: Collins, Beckett, Akinde, MacAliskey, Akinfenwa, Mills, Lambu, Beckett, Tom Curle, Perry, Baptiste, Beckett, Eisa, Istead, Mitchley and MacLachlan.

We'd be up by February and with the change JR could treat himself to a new water caravan.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu May 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Man is a complete prat.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Dammmm forgot about LB, i bumped into him in a pub in Bawtry a couple of years ago, he said he did actually nearly sign for us one season but went to Oldham i think he said !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 24, 2018 7:52 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Man is a complete prat.

here he is my top PB without fail pops up like rubber lipped mirror, in we go owd lad
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 am

Lambu back on the wing, Flying down the wing whilst full backs raspberry their pants, It would truly be the most magical thing to ever happen at Field Mill.

Goma Lambu - The Prince of Mansfield.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Fri May 25, 2018 11:23 am

I think we should consider going for Kristian Dennis scored 19 goals last season and that's what we need a hunter.
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:46 am

Christian Doidge another name I would consider.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum