{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer Rumours

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Someone give Doomy a Shout from under the Bunker .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 am

Are we linked to any players it seems very quiet and there hasn’t been anything on Stags i follow for ages.

Could it be we have enough players already and don’t need any more
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 am

wardy12345 wrote:Are we linked to any players it seems very quiet and there hasn’t been anything on Stags i follow for ages.

Could it be we have enough players already and don’t need any more

Yep we're fine with half a squad. Let the season begin tomorrow.

Stupid comment of the week. Nothing on I follow, we must be done
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:43 am

I get that we are being less public this time round with targets etc but I do think the total lack of any updates from the club is poor...
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:44 am

S7AGS wrote:I get that we are being less public this time round with targets etc but I do think the total lack of any updates from the club is poor...

What would you like them to update you on if there is nothing to update you on?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:54 am

We need to hear we are still actively in the transfer market .... just for a piece of mind
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:15 am

west country stag wrote:We need to hear we are still actively in the transfer market .... just for a piece of mind

Nah think they've just given up. Olejnik has been trained up to be a pacy winger.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:44 am

west country stag wrote:We need to hear we are still actively in the transfer market .... just for a piece of mind

I'd have said that was blindingly obvious that we are, wouldn't you?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 am

I’ve bit my tongue over this but it’s now getting really close to pre season and the lack of activity is worrying. What’s the point in going Portugal if the squad isn’t together
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:48 am

kyle b wrote:I’ve bit my tongue over this but it’s now getting really close to pre season and the lack of activity is worrying. What’s the point in going Portugal if the squad isn’t together

It's just under three weeks away. Hardly tomorrow is it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am

kyle b wrote:I’ve bit my tongue over this but it’s now getting really close to pre season and the lack of activity is worrying. What’s the point in going Portugal if the squad isn’t together

If you include the transfer listed and youth graduates, our current first team squad is 27! I remember at times our squad at this stage of the season was 6 :lol:

I'd say part of the issue is the 6 listed players need to find new clubs to make room for new players, but I am absolutely certain the club is working on getting the squad together as soon as possible whilst at the same time learning from the mistakes clearly made last summer.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 am

Rob wrote:

If you include the transfer listed and youth graduates, our current first team squad is 27! I remember at times our squad at this stage of the season was 6 :lol:

I'd say part of the issue is the 6 listed players need to find new clubs to make room for new players, but I am absolutely certain the club is working on getting the squad together as soon as possible whilst at the same time learning from the mistakes clearly made last summer.

Fatboy’s hyper-activity last summer didn’t exactly work out, did it?

Have some faith in Flitters.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am

Rob wrote:

Dont know ... they are not saying anything ! ( thats my point )
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 am

west country stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

I’d rather have facts than rumours any day. When there are some facts, we will get to know.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am

Cheered up Abit now macca As signed new contract
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am

west country stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

I could understand the anxiety if we had a squad of 6, but in terms of numbers I suspect we have rarely had as big a squad at this stage of the summer! Sit back and trust in our owner and manager and enjoy the World Cup :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby edwinscott » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 am

Good sign of intent IMO, hopefully the rest of the expected signings will folllow quickly
edwinscott
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:25 am

I want a signing.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am

:) As put up his real name

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 am

What lack of activity ?
Just because you don’t hear about it, that doesn’t mean that there is nothing going on.

When you need to know, you’ll be told.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am

bellwhiff wrote:

What lack of activity ?
Just because you don’t hear about it, that doesn’t mean that there is nothing going on.

By lack of activity i think we can infer that he means lack of announced new signings. Doesnt mean nothing is happening behind the scenes but its time we had some output from our negotiations. I agree with him we need players in.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm

S7AGS wrote:I get that we are being less public this time round with targets etc but I do think the total lack of any updates from the club is poor...

What do you want?! DF to sit down and waste time doing an interview to say hello were trying to sign some players. ITS FLIPPING OBVIOUS THATS WHATS HAPPENING.

If you really think the club aren't trying or going to sign anyone else because they're not giving you hourly updates then bloody hell how sad can you be.

Be patient.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

What do you want?! DF to sit down and waste time doing an interview to say hello were trying to sign some players. ITS FLIPPING OBVIOUS THATS WHATS HAPPENING.

If you really think the club aren't trying or going to sign anyone else because they're not giving you hourly updates then bloody hell how sad can you be.

Be patient.

Read on here that his last comments were made after the last game on the 5th of may . There is a big difference between hourly updates and a 7 week stretch with no comment from the manager . For what its worth i agree with you regarding pointless interviews but a manager should be trying generate interest and pushing up season ticket sales with statements far more frequently that Flitcroft currently does .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:24 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

What lack of activity ?

By lack of activity i think we can infer that he means lack of announced new signings. Doesnt mean nothing is happening behind the scenes but its time we had some output from our negotiations. I agree with him we need players in.

No, it states clearly that the “lack of activity is worrying”

Nothing to infer there. It’s explicit.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Didn't Carolyn post on social media the other day saying we know it's quiet but bear with us we're working hard behind the scenes?
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum