{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane Membership and Season Tickets

Postby stagmad » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Got my season ticket for ql can't be arsed getting a ticket every match,does me head in
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Stag95 wrote:Does anyone know when they are stopping selling QLE memberships? I'd imagine they'd keep going until it's sold out?

The club does not have to stop selling membership cards because it does not guarantee you a seat/ticket for the QLE. It is first come first served.

Don't the membership cards also give ticket priority for big games ?
If so, then there has to be a cut off point otherwise we could have local premiership fans buying one just to jump the queue for 3rd round FA cup tickets.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:13 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

Added together that's pretty much the same as season ticket sales for last season (2,400). Taking into account that there was no Early Bird offer, I'd imagine there's been little in the way of lost revenue.
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Got my QLE membership card on Monday.
Notice that there is no membership number and it is just a plain card with the clubs emblem on.
Does this mean that when ordering tickets on line before the match day, that there will be no facility to print your own tickets when the membership card is used. Unless there is name checking against the club database, at point of sale, surely the club has no way of checking whether the buyer, truly, is the owner of a membership card.
If it is just a tick box on the payment site then surely it will be open to abuse.
I may be looking at this all wrong, but i would just like somebody to explain how it will work?
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Rightback » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Might be wrong but don't think you can by online with those membership cards
Rightback
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ian23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:00 am

Told the same - either buy in person or over phone
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 am

bigalstag wrote:Got my QLE membership card on Monday.
Notice that there is no membership number and it is just a plain card with the clubs emblem on.
Does this mean that when ordering tickets on line before the match day, that there will be no facility to print your own tickets when the membership card is used. Unless there is name checking against the club database, at point of sale, surely the club has no way of checking whether the buyer, truly, is the owner of a membership card.
If it is just a tick box on the payment site then surely it will be open to abuse.
I may be looking at this all wrong, but i would just like somebody to explain how it will work?

It is in the Q&A every time there is a story on the official website about the QLE membership

"Unfortunately, supporters with a Quarry Lane membership card will not be able to buy half-price tickets online."
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:24 am

withnail wrote:

Added together that's pretty much the same as season ticket sales for last season (2,400). Taking into account that there was no Early Bird offer, I'd imagine there's been little in the way of lost revenue.

I’d disagree, if those with membership cards had season tickets last year as the numbers suggest, the club has had £20 instead of a couple of hundred on average from each person. They might recoup the money throughout the season, but I’d imagine the club is around £100k worse off in terms of money brought in to the club through ticket sales than what it was at this time last season.

We need to have a strong season to make ensure those with memberships have an incentive to come each week as I doubt they’d be fussed about the £20 they paid months ago if we’re midtable at Christmas - hopeful that we will have a good year!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Stag95 wrote:Does anyone know when they are stopping selling QLE memberships? I'd imagine they'd keep going until it's sold out?

The club does not have to stop selling membership cards because it does not guarantee you a seat/ticket for the QLE. It is first come first served.

If so, then there has to be a cut off point otherwise we could have local premiership fans buying one just to jump the queue for 3rd round FA cup tickets.

QLE members normally get priority after season ticket holders so provided there's any left after season ticket holders have theirs then QLE comes next. Youve then got 2 or three days before they go on normal sale. Last season there was always some available.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:10 am

BH_Stag wrote:
withnail wrote:

I’d disagree, if those with membership cards had season tickets last year as the numbers suggest, the club has had £20 instead of a couple of hundred on average from each person. They might recoup the money throughout the season, but I’d imagine the club is around £100k worse off in terms of money brought in to the club through ticket sales than what it was at this time last season.

We need to have a strong season to make ensure those with memberships have an incentive to come each week as I doubt they’d be fussed about the £20 they paid months ago if we’re midtable at Christmas - hopeful that we will have a good year!

I don't think you have taken into account the additional revenue from the considerable increase in away admission.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 pm

I'll come what may for the big games this coming season and use my QL Membership card, I will also try and get a few other games in as well. We all try and support the Stags whichever way we can.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 pm

robeyre wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

QLE members normally get priority after season ticket holders so provided there's any left after season ticket holders have theirs then QLE comes next. Youve then got 2 or three days before they go on normal sale. Last season there was always some available.

That's what I was saying. If we don't have a cut off point when we stop selling the membership cards and we reach the 3rd round and draw a premiership team, local fans of that club could buy a QLE membership and give themselves priority for getting a ticket in the home end. Then we could have regular fans who are not season ticket holders missing out on tickets.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
robeyre wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

That's what I was saying. If we don't have a cut off point when we stop selling the membership cards and we reach the 3rd round and draw a premiership team, local fans of that club could buy a QLE membership and give themselves priority for getting a ticket in the home end. Then we could have regular fans who are not season ticket holders missing out on tickets.

I would argue that most regular fans have QLE card or a season ticket and I'm sure the club won't complain about people having to pay £32 for a home game.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 pm

I would think SSA Amber members would get priority over QLE members as they pay more
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:01 am

Rob wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
withnail wrote:

I don't think you have taken into account the additional revenue from the considerable increase in away admission.

What's that got to do with what he said? We are about 100k down at this point compared to last year... by the end of the season, if all the members come regularly and with the increased away admissions we might make more but that depends on lots of factors. But as of now were way down...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 am

100k isn't way down, not when you take into account the wages Evans and whatsit were on, and what Flitcroft and Futcher are now on, and if we offload some of the high wage earners, I expect we may even be quids in.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:10 am

Anyone with the QLE member card booked their Newport ticket yet? Where are you sitting?

Would be nice if we could arrange to congregate together in one area to improve the atmosphere.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:35 am

Foresttownstag wrote:Anyone with the QLE member card booked their Newport ticket yet? Where are you sitting?

Would be nice if we could arrange to congregate together in one area to improve the atmosphere.

Is that so you all could get a chant going ‘we are the members, we are the members’ :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby steiner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:58 am

I hope the club play this is the sound of the suburbs over the tannoy before the Newport game in honour of us members,
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am

1970Stag wrote:100k isn't way down, not when you take into account the wages Evans and whatsit were on, and what Flitcroft and Futcher are now on, and if we offload some of the high wage earners, I expect we may even be quids in.

I put the same question to Carolyn after David Flitcroft joined us but Carolyn said there was very little difference. David Flitcroft is by no means a cheap option and the playing budget is higher than last season. This is why we really need the Mansfield and Ashfield public to get behind the Stags. We cannot expect JR to be funding a massive budget every season. The increase in average gates has been good but the club needs more backing from the local public. Doncaster, Chesterfield and Lincoln have all managed to pull a lot more fans in when they have had a bit of success. Hopefully the membership scheme may persuade some of the casual fans to come to Field Mill more regularly.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Membership scheme has just converted the more casual ST holders into members with the choice to stayway
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm

1970Stag wrote:100k isn't way down, not when you take into account the wages Evans and whatsit were on, and what Flitcroft and Futcher are now on, and if we offload some of the high wage earners, I expect we may even be quids in.

I put the same question to Carolyn after David Flitcroft joined us but Carolyn said there was very little difference. David Flitcroft is by no means a cheap option and the playing budget is higher than last season. This is why we really need the Mansfield and Ashfield public to get behind the Stags. We cannot expect JR to be funding a massive budget every season. The increase in average gates has been good but the club needs more backing from the local public. Doncaster, Chesterfield and Lincoln have all managed to pull a lot more fans in when they have had a bit of success. Hopefully the membership scheme may persuade some of the casual fans to come to Field Mill more regularly.

We've not had any success yet though Tippy. Not made a play off spot in last five attempts.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:43 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Membership scheme has just converted the more casual ST holders into members with the choice to stayway

Disagree.

Been a season ticket holder for 15 years, changed to QLE membership this season due to financial reasons. I will miss 2/3 games due to holidays etc so makes perfect sense for me and other Stags fans I’m sure
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:We've not had any success yet though Tippy. Not made a play off spot in last five attempts.

We've gone close twice though Doomy. The Mansfield and Ashfield public need to step up. I'm fed up of listening to excuses. JR is doing his best to support the Stags and he needs people to get behind him instead of being plastic Premier League glory hunters.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum