{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released & Transferred 2018-2019

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released & Transferred 2018-2019

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Didn't he say how wonderful the Radford's where and the Rotherham chairman, come to that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:No 13 of Steve Evans' 23 Summer Signings. Only 5/6 will play regularly in the first team.

that's gonna cost a bomb, surely he's on 4k+ a week if hes at a championship team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:No 13 of Steve Evans' 23 Summer Signings. Only 5/6 will play regularly in the first team.

that's gonna cost a bomb, surely he's on 4k+ a week if hes at a championship team

And the rest.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 pm

macanthony must have deep pockets eh, bet he raspberries off to a championship team before end of the season. weaseling his way back up
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:20 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:macanthony must have deep pockets eh, bet he raspberries off to a championship team before end of the season. weaseling his way back up

Think I read somewhere that he now has silent partners involved. Seem to remember something about a couple of North Americans (maybe Canadians) joining him and giving significant funds. He's to remain the Chairman
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:macanthony must have deep pockets eh, bet he raspberries off to a championship team before end of the season. weaseling his way back up

Think I read somewhere that he now has silent partners involved. Seem to remember something about a couple of North Americans (maybe Canadians) joining him and giving significant funds. He's to remain the Chairman

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/latest-news-new-peterborough-united-co-owners-hail-a-perfect-partnership-with-darragh-macanthony-as-a-three-to-five-year-plan-for-the-club-is-revealed-1-8401318
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:18 am

The chairman took fatty to meet the overseas money people either in USA or Canada before the first signing was made so it was clear the chairman had the final say on how to spend the funds. Fatty is lucky and will move on before they achieve there targets and leaving them to count how many fingers are left on owners hands
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:54 am

Looking forward to Posh going pop sometime in the near future.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 am

If we had been promoted last season and the "walk away" manager had remained, is this the sort of expenditure the Radfords would be expected to give ?

I think it would. We would have been burdened with debt, like our non league neighbours.

We had a lucky escape.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:45 am

Some interesting comments from Danny Cowley. He is looking to sign up to five more players, the majority of which would be loan deals.

“We’ve got to bring four in, ideally five,” said Cowley after the 1-0 defeat to Wednesday. Financial constraints will affect that but we’d like to get five in if we can. We know exactly what we want but the market isn’t moving, it’s as simple as that. It hasn’t moved for a few weeks and you won’t have seen many signings recently. We’re staying really patient. We know out of the four or five, three or four of them will be loans.”

He then outlined his approach to new signings going forward.

“You have a decision to make as a manager,” he said. “You can sign players in June who are a six out of ten. You can have the whole of pre-season with them and maybe make them a seven-and-a-half out of ten. Or you can stay brave, stick to your beliefs and wait for what you really want and hopefully pick up an eight out of ten near the end of pre-season. Then you have the challenge of trying to bring him into the group and align them with your way of thinking. Neither way is right or wrong, it’s just about what is available to you. We have to respect that every transfer window is different. When you’re a League Two club, you’re at the bottom of the food chain and are waiting to see what happens above you. The top teams are the ones that set the tone for the window. We just have to be really well-informed, keep working hard and know what is available and whether what is available suits what we need. Then, when the market does move, you need to be ready to react.”

On Akinde: "“He’s a big, strong, powerful boy. We’ll be able to play up to him and we’ll be able to play beyond him because he can really shift. He can run 11.5 metres per second which I believe is a record for our group. He doesn't look like he’s moving that quick, but he is. Between him, Rheady, Greeny and Bruno Andrade, who had a good a really good game, we’ve got a lot of quality up there and a lot of goals.”

The Stags could do with picking up another couple of 8 out of 10 players.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 am

What the heck is happening at Carlisle United? Have they gone mad?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... efca8bf-ds
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:35 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Some interesting comments from Danny Cowley. He is looking to sign up to five more players, the majority of which would be loan deals.

“We’ve got to bring four in, ideally five,” said Cowley after the 1-0 defeat to Wednesday. Financial constraints will affect that but we’d like to get five in if we can. We know exactly what we want but the market isn’t moving, it’s as simple as that. It hasn’t moved for a few weeks and you won’t have seen many signings recently. We’re staying really patient. We know out of the four or five, three or four of them will be loans.”

“You have a decision to make as a manager,” he said. “You can sign players in June who are a six out of ten. You can have the whole of pre-season with them and maybe make them a seven-and-a-half out of ten. Or you can stay brave, stick to your beliefs and wait for what you really want and hopefully pick up an eight out of ten near the end of pre-season. Then you have the challenge of trying to bring him into the group and align them with your way of thinking. Neither way is right or wrong, it’s just about what is available to you. We have to respect that every transfer window is different. When you’re a League Two club, you’re at the bottom of the food chain and are waiting to see what happens above you. The top teams are the ones that set the tone for the window. We just have to be really well-informed, keep working hard and know what is available and whether what is available suits what we need. Then, when the market does move, you need to be ready to react.”

On Akinde: "“He’s a big, strong, powerful boy. We’ll be able to play up to him and we’ll be able to play beyond him because he can really shift. He can run 11.5 metres per second which I believe is a record for our group. He doesn't look like he’s moving that quick, but he is. Between him, Rheady, Greeny and Bruno Andrade, who had a good a really good game, we’ve got a lot of quality up there and a lot of goals.”

Looks like Lincoln have signed a player capable of running faster than Usain Bolt!!
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am

100 metres in 8.69 seconds!! Perhaps he's a slow starter :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:11 pm

They really are desperate :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:07 pm

The wild rumour today was from a Lincoln fan at Retford. He said that Lincoln and Peterborough were both trying to sign Danny Rose. Apparently Danny Cowley sees Danny Rose as Matt Rhead's replacement.

Paul Digby apparently nearly signed for Forest Green Rovers.

I had a chat with David Flitcroft at the end of the match and he said he only planned to sign a couple more players as defensive cover. He said he clearly needs another centre half. He said he did not plan to sign another striker after he had signed Tyler Walker and Craig Davies. I asked about signing another goalscoring midfield player and he said that was why he had signed Otis Khan.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The wild rumour today was from a Lincoln fan at Retford. He said that Lincoln and Peterborough were both trying to sign Danny Rose. Apparently Danny Cowley sees Danny Rose as Matt Rhead's replacement.

If it was the bloke with the Lincoln scarf on I'd take whatever he said with a pinch of salt as I'm sure you did. He sounded like he was trying to wind up the Stags fans. Also a Donny fan in club shirt too, strange folk.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The wild rumour today was from a Lincoln fan at Retford. He said that Lincoln and Peterborough were both trying to sign Danny Rose. Apparently Danny Cowley sees Danny Rose as Matt Rhead's replacement.

Paul Digby apparently nearly signed for Forest Green Rovers.

I had a chat with David Flitcroft at the end of the match and he said he only planned to sign a couple more players as defensive cover. He said he clearly needs another centre half. He said he did not plan to sign another striker after he had signed Tyler Walker and Craig Davies. I asked about signing another goalscoring midfield player and he said that was why he had signed Otis Khan.
His hands are tied because too many on the transfer list are still with us.

It will take two more transfer windows before he gets in the players he wants.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:53 pm

The Donny fan was Paul Mayfield who is the Chairman of the Doncaster Rovers Supporters Club. He lives in Retford and runs a Supporters Club Bus that goes to all the Donny home and away games from Retford and Harworth. I travelled with them down to the Emirates Stadium last season as I had never been to Arsenal's ground. He's a really nice bloke and won the Football League Fan of the Year a few seasons' ago. He normally has a gnome with him in a Donny kit!

Paul always invites me to to their meetings when they have a Fans Forum with the manager. I had a good chat with Darren Ferguson last season. I told him that John and Carolyn were good to people to work for if he was ever looking for a job.

Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Donny fan was Paul Mayfield who is the Chairman of the Doncaster Rovers Supporters Club. He lives in Retford and runs a Supporters Club Bus that goes to all the Donny home and away games from Retford and Harworth. I travelled with them down to the Emirates Stadium last season as I had never been to Arsenal's ground. He's a really nice bloke and won the Football League Fan of the Year a few seasons' ago. He normally has a gnome with him in a Donny kit!

Paul always invites me to to their meetings when they have a Fans Forum with the manager. I had a good chat with Darren Ferguson last season. I told him that John and Carolyn were good to people to work for if he was ever looking for a job.

Met Paul on many occasions, a genuinely good bloke. He does some radio reporting for Donny and was for a few years their mascot, Donny the Dog.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:26 am

natfromboza wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Some interesting comments from Danny Cowley. He is looking to sign up to five more players, the majority of which would be loan deals.

Looks like Lincoln have signed a player capable of running faster than Usain Bolt!!

In full flight Bolt ran around 12.5 metres per second.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am

If the 11.5m penalty kick was an Olympic event we'd definitely have a contender.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Now confirmed :

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Now confirmed :

The probability of a serious injury should come up in a medical, Liverpool stalled on signing Fekir because he has a higher than average chance of injuring his knee and wanted the fee lowering.

Looks like grimsby have paid the price of not being thorough enough. Very unlucky.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 pm

natfromboza wrote:

He's called Usain Dolt :P

Lincoln are probably still using imperial measurement, so it'll be 11.5 feet per second or 10,000 acres per harvest time ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Now confirmed :

The probability of a serious injury should come up in a medical, Liverpool stalled on signing Fekir because he has a higher than average chance of injuring his knee and wanted the fee lowering.

Looks like grimsby have paid the price of not being thorough enough. Very unlucky.

Eh?
Says he got injured in training. You can’t legislate for that.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum