{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Matchtalk

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Matchtalk

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Should be a decent listen what with all the drama late on :D

For all those folk who thought Charlie Slater was a Stags fan just listen to his commo of the final minute or so (if they play it) and the way he lauded up the Pies during the game. The final minute when Kane stuck it in I honestly thought Charlie was going to burst into tears such was the lifelessness of the moment Kane rammed it in.
Contrast this with true supporters in Martin and Deano in the commo box for that FANTASTIC service ifluffer.

I suppose those jokers on Woodhouse Rd did commo on the late goings on but being as though they're a joke of a station I never bother to listen anymore.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Matchtalk tonight

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Spiritater wrote:Should be a decent listen what with all the drama late on :D

For all those folk who thought Charlie Slater was a Stags fan just listen to his commo of the final minute or so (if they play it) and the way he lauded up the Pies during the game. The final minute when Kane stuck it in I honestly thought Charlie was going to burst into tears such was the lifelessness of the moment Kane rammed it in.
Contrast this with true supporters in Martin and Deano in the commo box for that FANTASTIC service ifluffer.

I suppose those jokers on Woodhouse Rd did commo on the late goings on but being as though they're a joke of a station I never bother to listen anymore.

Is there any way we can listen back to the Radio Nottingham commentary? Had a quick look but couldn't find it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:23 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Is there any way we can listen back to the Radio Nottingham commentary? Had a quick look but couldn't find it.

http://stagsnet.net/interviews/NottsCoA ... harlie.mp3
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

http://stagsnet.net/interviews/NottsCoA ... harlie.mp3

Excellent cheers, great background noise for the equaliser
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:37 pm

you can listen again to Matchtalk here --> https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05zwfpf#play
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 pm

who does Charlie Slater support? does he have to act like he supports notts because he's their commentator? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:who does Charlie Slater support? does he have to act like he supports notts because he's their commentator? :lol:

Charlie was born in Manchester and supports Manchester United as does his dad.

He was assigned to covering Mansfield by Radio Nottm and his first Mansfield game was Workington away in Oct 2012, where he and I did commentary together. I think he did a terrific job as Mansfield Town correspondent until he was switched by Radio Nottm to covering Notts County at the beginning of this season. As Radio Nottm did not, and does not, have rights to Mansfield Town commentary, he really needed to switch to Notts County where he could do commentary, to further his career.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Texted Charlie yesterday and he was very much of the opinion that Nolan would have insisted it was a penalty had the shoe been on the other foot. He tends to sit on the fence these days when grilled about his allegiance. He would get hammered even if he admitted having a soft spot for Mansfield by Notts fans. He cut his teeth at Field Mill, so surely he wants us to do well.
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

It shouldn't be about who Charlie supports or doesn't support. He is a proffesional journalist doing a job, leave the guy alone.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:24 pm

oldweststander wrote:It shouldn't be about who Charlie supports or doesn't support. He is a proffesional journalist doing a job, leave the guy alone.

I'm just interested in who he supported, there's nothing wrong with that
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The Source » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Here's Charlie interviewing Nolan at the end of the match, I don't think he can quite believe what's being said :D

I just press the button, You provide the face
The Source
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 pm

The Source wrote:Here's Charlie interviewing Nolan at the end of the match, I don't think he can quite believe what's being said :D

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:55 pm

I think Charlie is great at his job and will go onto bigger and better things eventually.

He's confident in front of a camera as well as being a good commentator. Can see him going into TV work eventually like actual Notts fan Darren Fletcher.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Charlie is already into TV work. He's the weather man for EMT.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:Charlie is already into TV work. He's the weather man for EMT.

That's my point exactly. Hence why I stated he's already confident in front of a camera.
I meant he will go into TV work that is football specific.

He's a more modern era commentator too with his Facebook live streams and social media etc.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 am

stagmanrob wrote:I think Charlie is great at his job and will go onto bigger and better things eventually.

He's confident in front of a camera as well as being a good commentator. Can see him going into TV work eventually like actual Notts fan Darren Fletcher.

He's a Forest fan ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:38 am

only stags fans are born there, or dragged up in the town
no one likes us we don’t care
it’s my club, always has been, always will be
even Stan Seal Pies fan & Mappletoft horse racing fan great reporters however not fans, Marty is the only fan reporter i know, he just needs to swear more when we are playing pants ....just saying
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Empty FC » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:18 am

Remember Colin Slater (Counteh) being asked who he supported as a lad.
He replied "West Ham".
He must have commentated on Notts v WH a couple of times.
we're gunna need a bigger boat.
Empty FC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:02 am

Anyone who gets hung up on nobody supporting the Stags needs to find other more deserving things to worry about. Even well known people from the town aren't Stags followers.

Mtfc and it's supporters should put more energy in to attracting the next generation.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:37 am

Empty FC wrote:Remember Colin Slater (Counteh) being asked who he supported as a lad.
He replied "West Ham".
He must have commentated on Notts v WH a couple of times.

He’s a Bradford City fan.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Matchtalk has been cancelled, to be replaced by The Terrace on friday night.

Tbf some callers were terrible.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Matchtalk/st ... 4300579842
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum