{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tickets For Troops - FREE Saturdays Colchester Game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Tickets For Troops - FREE Saturdays Colchester Game

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:36 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Tickets For Troops - FREE Saturdays Colchester Game

Postby stag861 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:19 am

Great support for the troops. Shame they didn't do it in the 60s & 70s.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Great gesture. Should also be extended to the Emergency Services.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Great gesture. Should also be extended to the Emergency Services.

We already PAY way to many police officers to watch the game. ;) :D
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:23 pm

As a member of HM armed forces do we have to book tickets through tickets for troops or is it just show ID on the day?
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Suttonian » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Mhancock1 wrote:As a member of HM armed forces do we have to book tickets through tickets for troops or is it just show ID on the day?

Log on to tickets for troops, make a donation, tell em which game, take your id on the day you pick em up. Last season it was just for QLE
Suttonian
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Suttonian wrote:
Mhancock1 wrote:As a member of HM armed forces do we have to book tickets through tickets for troops or is it just show ID on the day?

Log on to tickets for troops, make a donation, tell em which game, take your id on the day you pick em up. Last season it was just for QLE

It is for QLE this season too. I believe every home game has been on TFT this season, as they are for many clubs in the lower leagues - Prem tickets are usually ballots. I'm going to see John Bishop tomorrow in Notts courtesy of TFT and went to the Arsenal v Man City league cup final. It's a great scheme.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Rob wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

It is for QLE this season too. I believe every home game has been on TFT this season, as they are for many clubs in the lower leagues - Prem tickets are usually ballots. I'm going to see John Bishop tomorrow in Notts courtesy of TFT and went to the Arsenal v Man City league cup final. It's a great scheme.

I’m not sure it applies to the RAF. It’s military only.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Free tickets to ex Armed Forces. Why?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby nickrobo60 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Why not?
nickrobo60
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:06 pm

nickrobo60 wrote:Why not?

Why not ...

NHS staff
Charity workers
Teachers
Police
Firefighters
Miners
Farm workers
Traffic wardens
Caterers
Postal workers
Youth workers
Care Home staff
Bugle makers
Bar staff
Hairdressers
Insurance salespeople
Clergy
Musicians
Bramble pickers
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Suttonian wrote:

Roger that, normal SOPs then through TFT....Cheers matey, many thanks.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

:D :D :D :D 5 mile of death before :D :D :D :D :D
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Mhancock1 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

:D :D :D :D 5 mile of death before :D :D :D :D :D

You can stand toe to toe in the bar with the TA Laundry Unit :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:31 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Why not ...

NHS staff
Charity workers
Teachers
Police
Firefighters
Miners
Farm workers
Traffic wardens
Caterers
Postal workers
Youth workers
Care Home staff
Bugle makers
Bar staff
Hairdressers
Insurance salespeople
Clergy
Musicians
Bramble pickers

You really are a trolling horse’s anal emission.

It’s OK for serving and ex to extract the urine, but a raving never served civvy no mark should keep their disrespectful mouth shut. You repellant civilian gland.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Why not ...

NHS staff
Charity workers
Teachers
Police
Firefighters
Miners
Farm workers
Traffic wardens
Caterers
Postal workers
Youth workers
Care Home staff
Bugle makers
Bar staff
Hairdressers
Insurance salespeople
Clergy
Musicians
Bramble pickers

You really are a trolling horse’s anal emission.

It’s OK for serving and ex to extract the urine, but a raving never served civvy no mark should keep their disrespectful mouth shut. You repellant civilian gland.

The Civvy part of this rant annoys slightly Whiffy lad. I haven’t ever served in the armed forces nor do I want to, but I take my hat off to anyone that does and keeps us all safe. In the States ex and serving members of the Armed Services are treated like royalty which I love too as each of you deserves it, but it doesn’t give you the right to use the word Civvy like you do. So he is a Civvy, so what, most of us are and you are now too I take it. He’s wrong end of!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby nickrobo60 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 pm

I used to use tickets for troops when serving. It was nice to get to game after a hard 7 month tour, after living in mud huts, sleeping rough, dodging ieds and bullets. Missing friends that never returned. Took my son with me to the games. He's now a stags fan and he regularly attends with his friends. Tickets for troops is to help with morale. Morale is sometimes lacking in the forces, so it's nice to get a morale boost. Yes I signed up "had the balls to" most of the professions Edwinstow stag mentioned I've also done their jobs, when they went on strike, as I never had a union to argue about my pay, living conditions, welfare, or to stop me having to work 24hrs shifts in harsh conditions. That's why.
nickrobo60
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 pm

Well said .....
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Well said Nick.

A great offer from the Club. Any civic gesture that may in some small part help members of the armed forces integrate back into society should be warmly applauded.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 am

I served in the early 80's but always respected the civilians who paid my wages, gave my unit a decent defence budget for decent kit.

Never looked down on the non servers with contempt. I never thought I was better than anyone else as we all had job to do in the grander scheme of things to make it all work. I respected my mates especially who went 3000ft underground to keep the wheels of industry turning.
But Edders, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 am

To be fair on Whiffers he looks down his nose at everyone. Which considering he's only 4ft 6 is quite a feat.

Personally I think TFT is a good idea. Other professions do similar initiatives through sports & social clubs. I've never bothered with the Civil Service SC one because it involves filling in forms and as the Daily Mail points out regularly all public sector workers are lazy raspberry.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Suttonian wrote:

Free tickets to ex Armed Forces. Why?

This has to be a joke right.

You knew you'd come into some flak for this, so what part of your warped personality thought it would be a clever thing to say you two hat!
I'm ex forces and my son is currently serving and i know a few ex forces lads on this board, and to try to equate what we do/did, with musicians and bramble pickers is ******g disrespectful to say the least.

And before you possibly come back with some inane comment about "well what about miners and nhs staff" etc, yes it would be nice to give everyone free tickets, but that would be in an ideal world, and i don't know if you've noticed but we don't live in one of them.

Take your trolling elsewhere.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:29 am

I have absolute respect for anyone injured in the service of their country - from ANY occupation, and well-targeted and meaningful gestures will ALWAYS get my support. Personally, I have spent the last 15 years in the charity sector, serving the needs of disadvantaged individuals - INCLUDING EX-SERVICEMEN. I don’t need Whiffy’s perpetual khaki diatribe to provide me with any moral compass.

My post was intended to play Devil’s Advocate and most readers will have seen it as such.

I knew that the Hampshire “tommy” would react in the way he did. He is so predictable. He states that it is OK for military to criticise military but civvies have no such entitlement

Of course in Whiffy’s skewed perspective, it doesn’t work in the opposite direction and he exercises no constraint in imposing his own opinion on all and everyone who dares to post.

AND BTW, MY POST WAS NOT CRITICISING SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN.

Perhaps Whiffy, you could attempt a degree of intellectual plurality?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am

MODS. Time to close this thread!!! We can’t have this sort of argument on here imo.
The Armed service men and women lay their life down for our country, and this thread is fast descending into puerile banality, taking away from the great gesture of MTFC.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:MODS. Time to close this thread!!! We can’t have this sort of argument on here imo.
The Armed service men and women lay their life down for our country, and this thread is fast descending into puerile banality, taking away from the great gesture of MTFC.

Nonsense, no one is criticising the armed forces in any way whatsoever.

Edders dangled a maggot in front of Bellers and predictably (more predictably than the next high tide) he fell for it hook line and sinker.

In fact he not only fell for it, he went full belmer :lol:

Interesting to read his views (you have to be in the club it to criticise it) and will look forward to reminding him of that when he (predictably) criticises any profession.

In short, he’s made himself look a bit daft ;)

Of course history shows us that without the British army, the French would now be speaking German. But without the RAF, WE would be speaking German ;)
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum