{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Lincoln game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Lincoln game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Joel Byrom scores

video from behind the goal. Footage by The Source

Brief highlights, produced by EFL
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Lincoln game

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:07 pm

I take it back, Logan couldn't come for the hoof for their goal but by God he should've stopped it. Like a sloth getting down!!
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:19 pm

A few observations from me
Pearce’s header could have been more decisive and Conrad could have done better but it was close in and he doesn’t really know what’s coming

Didn’t really have a view from the IGU on Bennett’s booking but looking at that v little contact

And Palmer should be reported for his celebration
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby robbingdog » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Bennetts sending off is a joke. Bit like coventrys penno
the other week.

Where do they find these referees
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm

That was never a 2nd yellow card, poor by the ref!
As for Ollie celebrating in front of fans that took the mick, rather than his own fans, says a lot about the grudge he holds I guess. Celebrate with your fans, then as you jog back, do the ears thing to the west stand.
1970Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:43 pm

yorkstag wrote:A few observations from me
Pearce’s header could have been more decisive and Conrad could have done better but it was close in and he doesn’t really know what’s coming

Didn’t really have a view from the IGU on Bennett’s booking but looking at that v little contact

He was celebrating right in front of me, not sure if it was something I said! He should definitely have been booked, referee had a poor night.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Palmer should be reported? Are we serious here. The lad gets dogs abuse everytime he comes here, what did you expect him to do? I would have done exactly the same.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:04 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Palmer should be reported? Are we serious here. The lad gets dogs abuse everytime he comes here, what did you expect him to do? I would have done exactly the same.

Quite right.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Palmer should be reported? Are we serious here. The lad gets dogs abuse everytime he comes here, what did you expect him to do? I would have done exactly the same.

I'm not sure when some of our fanbase will learn with Palmer. It's been obvious in every game he's played against us that the boo's and chants have wound him up and ultimately ended up in him looking like a world beater when he comes on. Don't know why we keep doing it.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:57 pm

James wrote:

I'm not sure when some of our fanbase will learn with Palmer. It's been obvious in every game he's played against us that the boo's and chants have wound him up and ultimately ended up in him looking like a world beater when he comes on. Don't know why we keep doing it.

nail on the head James, you just knew it was gonna happen
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby jay the butcher » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:22 pm

I don't blame Ollie Palmer for celebrating I just blame him for being Ollie Palmer
jay the butcher
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Why did stags try to slow the game down they should have gone for the kill. No they start playing to deep which suited Rhead. We have far better forwards than Spencer and we paid the penalty. I hope a lot has been learned, because Colchester will try to the same.
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chris M » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Palmer was clearly seriously injured by Bennett's challenge. He was poleaxed on the ground in need of immediate medical intervention. No hold on, a second booking for Bennett and he is suddenly feeling a lot better. He is a total plank. Especially as he seems to score more goals against us than he ever did for us. He was given every chance to impress for us but chose to throw that all back in our faces when he left.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 pm

The yellow card for Bennett is one of the worst cards I have ever seen, he had clearly just lost it and was evening the sides up. Very poor from a very experienced referee. If ever there was an example of why clubs should be able to appeal two yellows, that was it!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Rob wrote:The yellow card for Bennett is one of the worst cards I have ever seen, he had clearly just lost it and was evening the sides up. Very poor from a very experienced referee. If ever there was an example of why clubs should be able to appeal two yellows, that was it!

I agree. Shocking decision.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:06 pm

yorkstag wrote:A few observations from me

I don't think Pearce even headed the ball. He was completely out-muscled by Rhead who got the first header (with the aid of a little elbow & a push), and he then made sure that he got the crucial second header to set up Palmer. One wonders if that could have been avoided with either Diamond or Bennett marking Rhead? I am not having a go at Pearce, (because he has been our best central defender this season) ... but he had been struggling against Rhead all evening, and maybe Bennett's extra height, or Diamond's extra 'know how' might have made a difference?
Who knows? ....... Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:56 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Should have known the threat Rhead had in store for us and its bad we dint mark him better
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum