{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury fan’s view of Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury fan’s view of Flitcroft

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 am

All we need is for him to get us up to League 1. After that, set him a him a high target of promotion again and if we're in the bottom half by Christmas, we can justify sacking him and getting someone else.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am

A few of my mates are Barnsley fans and they laughed when we appointed him. They used Bury as an example of his flaws.

I ignored them. I am going to base my opinion of what he achieves here and back him from the start
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 am

ParisStag wrote:All we need is for him to get us up to League 1. After that, set him a him a high target of promotion again and if we're in the bottom half by Christmas, we can justify sacking him and getting someone else.

Wow... you think it would be justifiable to sack him if we're bottom half of L1 come next Christmas. Unbelievable.

If we're reasonably clear of relegation then he'd be doing a fine job. The championship is a dream that people need to let go. Our priority should be stabilising ourselves as a L1 outfit.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:54 am

Jamie wrote:
ParisStag wrote:All we need is for him to get us up to League 1. After that, set him a him a high target of promotion again and if we're in the bottom half by Christmas, we can justify sacking him and getting someone else.

Wow... you think it would be justifiable to sack him if we're bottom half of L1 come next Christmas. Unbelievable.

If we're reasonably clear of relegation then he'd be doing a fine job. The championship is a dream that people need to let go. Our priority should be stabilising ourselves as a L1 outfit.

Exactly.

Plymouth were 4th bottom at Christmas, they stuck with their manager and are now challenging for the play offs
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 am

Chander Lear wrote:A few of my mates are Barnsley fans and they laughed when we appointed him. They used Bury as an example of his flaws.

I ignored them. I am going to base my opinion of what he achieves here and back him from the start

Barnsley Faye?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:17 am

Richard Cranium wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:A few of my mates are Barnsley fans and they laughed when we appointed him. They used Bury as an example of his flaws.

Barnsley Faye?

:lol: :lol: :lol: - absolutely not
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:42 am

Reality is we wont get promoted year on year and sometime s consolidation will be the objective. I know that will send may on here who don't do real life into a tailspin

I cant believe some of the comments on here before we've even played a game under David Flitcroft. We will not win every game and get promoted every year get used to it

I think many have forgotten how far we have come since coming back to the FL

Paris Stag - please tell me your post was a joke?

Flitcroft will do fine for me
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:05 am

Sounds like a good Evans! lol. I was just a little concerned that his judgement might not be great, but he`s beaten us twice!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:12 am

Don’t mention that is could be seen as supportive. None of that nonsense on here
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

Every experienced lower league manager has had his good seasons and his bad seasons.
Success at one club doesn't automatically translate to success elsewhere, the reverse of that is also true.
Said it before football clubs are secret societies, not open, not transparent but why should they be, they are a business like any other company? What really gets to me is how some managers and players flaunt their contractual responsibilities. Let's say, for example, the last manager had a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave if offered a job abroad, exercised that clause then joined Peterborough, surely that is breach of contract. Will we ever know?

As for Flitcroft, Radford's aporoach seems to have been honest and upfront.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:14 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Exactly.

Plymouth were 4th bottom at Christmas, they stuck with their manager and are now challenging for the play offs

The Chairman's ambition is the championship, but those of us who remember our last forays into League 1 will remember immediate relegations. Given what we've heard about Flitcroft maybe not doing the job at that level, the fear of a repeat of those seasons is reasonable.

Obviously we should give him time to see how he does, but if we are near the bottom by Christmas, it will be a real danger. I expect we'll have another competitive budget if we are in League 1 next season so we should definitely be aiming for top half. If we are near the bottom, it will be an underachievement. Making it clear that top half or even promotion is the goal, will mean that if it becomes clear that he isn't cut out for that level, we will be justified in making a change. Obviously, any sane Stags fan would be happy with consolidation given our past failures at that level in recent times.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 pm

we need to focus on these 12 cup finals we have, never mind thinking about sacking our new manager when he hasn't even managed a game yet!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Sorry couldn't resist

Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 pm

part time pete wrote:What if Steve Evans had a clause in his MTFC contract that said he would be released immediately if the Peterborough job came available.

Perhaps this was the only way SE would come to the Stags.

A. That’s a daft clause

and

B. He wouldn’t needed to have lied so poorly in the whole process
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm

He took a tinpot club ,no disrespect to Bury to div 1 keep them their 2013 to 2016, and they were still there when he got sacked. 4 managers since .
Would we be happy if he got us there and kept us up 2018 TIL 2021 ? . I’m sure I would ,supporting since 1960. Any forays out of div2 are welcome .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby stanns stag » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Foxy wrote:Sorry couldn't resist

This is a killer Fall track, one of the best 21st Century Fall efforts. Nice one.

As for DF - the last manager we had from that neck of the woods (Ian Greaves) did pretty well eh?

I hope for some of the same.
stanns stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:we need to focus on these 12 cup finals we have, never mind thinking about sacking our new manager when he hasn't even managed a game yet!

Well said.

Starting with tomorrows game, it is huge. Win we go 10 points clear of the gimps, lose its down to 4 points.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby m1cksut » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:44 pm

stanns stag wrote:
Foxy wrote:Sorry couldn't resist

This is a killer Fall track, one of the best 21st Century Fall efforts. Nice one.

As for DF - the last manager we had from that neck of the woods (Ian Greaves) did pretty well eh?

I hope for some of the same.

yeah, he is our 23rd best ever manager!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:19 pm

daddycool wrote:He took a tinpot club ,no disrespect to Bury to div 1 keep them their 2013 to 2016, and they were still there when he got sacked. 4 managers since .
Would we be happy if he got us there and kept us up 2018 TIL 2021 ? . I’m sure I would ,supporting since 1960. Any forays out of div2 are welcome .

2008 to 2013 weren't too great ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum