{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

County tickets on sale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: County tickets on sale

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:15 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Mhancock1 wrote:
Waggy wrote:Will the County attendance be the largest away following in the 4th Division all season? I'm hoping to top 5k

Believe Lincoln took over 4000 earlier this season, don't know about 5k but reckon we'll match the Pimps following.

It’s a bit bizarre that we struggle to entice 4,000 into the Wonk, but there is a tsunami of “real fans” that turn out for Notts and Chesterfield away.

The buzz of 2 away games and 2 home games per season vs local rivals against an outlay for a full season.

Its quite easy to see why, people pick a choose their games to attend - the majority choose the same games hence the influx of

The club however miss an opportunity when buying on line or in the shop they should be asking people the following questions when tickets for county are being purchased.

Do you attend regularly? - if no next question
Would you like to attend games more regularly? - if yes next question
What prevents you from doing so?

Bit of market research would be worthwhile to understand what would attract numbers through the gate for less glamour matches.

Maybe matches should be categorised.

Premium price for A games - County, Spireites, Gimps
Standard price for B games
Discount price for C games - none glamours opponents, midweek games like newport where attendance plummets.

I also think there should be some sort of loyality points scheme implemented where by you get a point for every home game, and points for away games categorised based on distance with a minimum of 2 points.

This would then allow fans with certain levels of loyality points to be given priority before general sale after season ticket holders etc.

Wise words and a very good idea. What happened to Amber day when everyone turned up wearing something yellow, we could re introduce that scheme and have kids for a quid say......just an idea.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bristolstag » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Mhancock1 wrote:
Waggy wrote:Will the County attendance be the largest away following in the 4th Division all season? I'm hoping to top 5k

Believe Lincoln took over 4000 earlier this season, don't know about 5k but reckon we'll match the Pimps following.

It’s a bit bizarre that we struggle to entice 4,000 into the Wonk, but there is a tsunami of “real fans” that turn out for Notts and Chesterfield away.

The buzz of 2 away games and 2 home games per season vs local rivals against an outlay for a full season.

Its quite easy to see why, people pick a choose their games to attend - the majority choose the same games hence the influx of fans.

The club however miss an opportunity when buying on line or in the shop they should be asking people the following questions when tickets for county are being purchased.

Bit of market research would be worthwhile to understand what would attract numbers through the gate for less glamour matches.

Discount price for C games - none glamours opponents, midweek games like newport where attendance plummets.

I also think there should be some sort of loyality points scheme implemented where by you get a point for every home game, and points for away games categorised based on distance with a minimum of 2 points.

This would then allow fans with certain levels of loyality points to be given priority before general sale after season ticket holders etc.

Great idea. I've been to plenty of home and away games this season. Yet when it comes to the bigger games I'm still at the back of the queue.
Bristolstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:00 am

Mhancock1 wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Mhancock1 wrote:

Its quite easy to see why, people pick a choose their games to attend - the majority choose the same games hence the influx of

Wise words and a very good idea. What happened to Amber day when everyone turned up wearing something yellow, we could re introduce that scheme and have kids for a quid say......just an idea.

Sort of went downhill when folk turned up in yellow and not AMBER :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:22 am

Bristolstag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Mhancock1 wrote:

Its quite easy to see why, people pick a choose their games to attend - the majority choose the same games hence the influx of fans.

Great idea. I've been to plenty of home and away games this season. Yet when it comes to the bigger games I'm still at the back of the queue.

Got to agree Bristol, and whilst people who buy ST's should get first dibs at big games, there is no incentive at all for people that don't. An expensive hobby/love affair. The £10 offer at Notts County for FGR is a great incentive to bring folk in.
Mr Grimsdale
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:18 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:23 am

Looking at 4k if we sell em all. :D T'is a pity we don't have the KOP stand it was immense in there.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:28 am

The stand holds 5755 so how come we aren't getting the full stand?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:46 am

Final batch of tickets too. A real strange one as I feel like 4,000 won't be enough.
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am

We will sell out 4000 by the end of this week. If county won't give us any more its only encouraging stags fans to get tickets in the home end. Surely the police MUST advise the clubs its in everyone's interest and safety to keep all the fans together. Seems ludicrous to me why they won't give us anymore when the stand holds 5700+, that's 1700 empty seats ??????
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby S7AGS » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Why did they allocate Lincoln more?
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 pm

S7AGS wrote:Why did they allocate Lincoln more?

Think it's to do with it being all ticket. Health and safety increases capacity for all ticket.
chip63
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:24 pm

According to main site there are less than a 1000 left!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 pm

Any chance I can have Evans and Raynor’s complimentary tickets? After all they won’t be using them now.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:33 pm

823 tickets left for county as at 4pm today........we gonna sell out easy.
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Lets sell out at home against lincoln first
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Can somebody tell me how we have sold over 2500 seats, when an extra 1600 have suddenly reappeared on the ticketing website??
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:49 pm

y
I am Spartacus wrote:Any chance I can have Evans and Raynor’s complimentary tickets? After all they won’t be using them now.

They would of had a ticket for each bum cheek so four tickets in total
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Must incorrect OR They have increased allocation, they would of put that on the site though.

Will be well over 3000 now.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:57 pm

How does our ticket office operate? This time yesterday 800 tickets left today 1600????? Don't think they've given us anymore...... Not seen owt on Mansfield.net

:coys:
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:58 pm

tmwilson wrote:y
I am Spartacus wrote:Any chance I can have Evans and Raynor’s complimentary tickets? After all they won’t be using them now.

They would of had a ticket for each bum cheek so four tickets in total

Would have.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big Lad Stag » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:04 pm

The extra 1600 tickets look like an additional allocation as they are for section 4.
Looks like over 3200 sold so far.

:coys:
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 pm

If we had been given a extra allocation we would know about it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Conker wrote:If we had been given a extra allocation we would know about it.

Could there have been anything else going on that may have put telling us how many tickets we have sold, for a game over two weeks away, to the back of the things to do list?
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:32 pm

I think you're right Conker. I think this is all going to go Pete Tongue due to the website.

Mate of mine brought 9 tickets online at £20 a go. They charged him £360 (180 x 2), I imagine they'd allocated 18 tickets...how many others has this happened to?
88BenM
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:14 pm

Big yella wrote:

Could there have been anything else going on that may have put telling us how many tickets we have sold, for a game over two weeks away, to the back of the things to do list?

The last article says the addition 1588 or whatever is the final amount the club will receive.

Not take much for the media team to put up a quick update on Twitter/Website.

I’d be very surprised if we have been given more seats mate, we all know Stagstickets has its problems.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum