{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ifollow video

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Ifollow video

Postby Dibble » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Can someone please tell me how to rectify the fact that embedded video in Ifollow has stopped working showing only a black screen, albeit with working audio. I am using Google chrome latest edition. The browser plays all other video (ie: youtube etc) , it just seems to be Ifollow video content.
Dibble
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Ifollow video

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Dibble wrote:Can someone please tell me how to rectify the fact that embedded video in Ifollow has stopped working showing only a black screen, albeit with working audio. I am using Google chrome latest edition. The browser plays all other video (ie: youtube etc) , it just seems to be Ifollow video content.

it's certainly working for me, on laptop (using both google chrome and using safari) and on smartphone.

You say the audio is working on the videos, which means you are logged in ok.

The obvious things to try: reboot (always worth a try but probably you've tried this), try a different browser. Failing that, try the online chat ("iFollow Support") (the bubble in the bottom right of the screen).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dibble » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Thanks for that Martin. Ifollow is works okay in other browsers so would appear to be a Chrome setting issue but I've tried checked and everything. I will try the chat option now.
Dibble
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Dibble wrote:Can someone please tell me how to rectify the fact that embedded video in Ifollow has stopped working showing only a black screen, albeit with working audio. I am using Google chrome latest edition. The browser plays all other video (ie: youtube etc) , it just seems to be Ifollow video content.

Working my end too.

Is Chrome up to date? (choose 1 option. just 2 different ways of getting to the same page)

Option 1:
Code: Select all
copy "chrome://settings/help" (without quotation marks) and paste in the address bar and press enter. if any updates are available it will install them and prompt you to relaunch chrome and provide a button to do so. See if that helps

Option 2:
Code: Select all
In the top right corner you should see 3 vertical dots. Click them.

a menu appears. go down to help and then a new menu opens out.

On that menu click "About chrome"

Chrome will look for updates and then start installing. After a while it will say you need to relaunch chrome and provide a button to do it.

Either that or will say It's up to date

If no updates available or problem still happens let me know.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum