{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

NOW NOT THU 8 MARCH-Evening with Evans & Raynor in conj.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: An Evening with Evans and Raynor, in conjunction with SS

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:54 pm

All managers f n blind at the ref. Probably not with the same ferocity as Evo, but if you're a manager with a bit of passion it goes with the job.

If a ref gives a bad decision and the gaffer's job depends on it he's not gonna say,

'Oooh yooohooo ref. I say old chap would you mind awfully if you could give absolute bounder over there a piece of your mind. He's dashed near amputated our players leg at the knee.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Come on martin dont be so naive to think Evans don't swear at the Ref.
I sit right behind the dug out and hear him swearing at the ref all the time.

Swearing doesn't make it personal abuse. For example, if he says "that's a f'ing crap decision Seb", that is criticism, not personal abuse.
If he says "Seb, you're a f'ing c**t", that is personal abuse. If he said the latter, I'd expect the ref to come and send him off immediately.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:28 pm

I love it when you talk dirty Martin :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:02 pm

no swearing plz Marty lad
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Blidworth Stag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well since i only watch games on i follow martin i only read about this abuse but its a two way street its not do as i say not what i do ,or is it .

Barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry belly this whole problem ,could have been avoided ,but mr evans kept it alight , hope its done now ,but people keep returning to it myself included

No the fans who hurled abuse because he shouted at Danny Rose during the last home game kept this going. How very dare a manager shout at the fans favourite player and for the record the constant screaming and moaning by the lady (main culprit) is quite frankly disgraceful and very embarrassing for her husband and sometime soon lead to fans supporting Steve and give her a well earned piece of their mind
Blidworth Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Well since i only watch games on i follow martin i only read about this abuse but its a two way street its not do as i say not what i do ,or is it .

So it's fine for Evans to dish out abuse to a referee but not acceptable for fans to abuse Evans. I'd say both were unacceptable, wouldn't you?

Yes of course I would.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Come on martin dont be so naive to think Evans don't swear at the Ref.
I sit right behind the dug out and hear him swearing at the ref all the time.

Swearing doesn't make it personal abuse. For example, if he says "that's a f'ing crap decision Seb", that is criticism, not personal abuse.
If he says "Seb, you're a f'ing c**t", that is personal abuse. If he said the latter, I'd expect the ref to come and send him off immediately.

Sorry Martin, your two examples are just different levels of abuse but both are abuse. As Conker has said, most referee's put up with it, but some would caution for being told they had made "a f***ing crap decision". Your second example is, as you say, a red card and is pretty rare. I suspect when Evans was sent off at Grimsby it was more likely to be close to the first example rather than the more serious second. Most cautions for dissent are for offences similar to your first example. Don't forget, it does not have to be swearing - offensive, insulting or abusive language are caution/red card offences.

Evans quite clearly verbally abuses referees, he is renowned for it and has been sent off many times for it. By the same token, fans who swear at Evans are also abusing him - both are unacceptable.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Will there be a swear box in the room?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Think i will leave this thread now ,its getting a bit heated and too much profanity for my liking lol
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Blidworth Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Sorry belly this whole problem ,could have been avoided ,but mr evans kept it alight , hope its done now ,but people keep returning to it myself included

No the fans who hurled abuse because he shouted at Danny Rose during the last home game kept this going. How very dare a manager shout at the fans favourite player and for the record the constant screaming and moaning by the lady (main culprit) is quite frankly disgraceful and very embarrassing for her husband and sometime soon lead to fans supporting Steve and give her a well earned piece of their mind
Well that's put a new light on it. Don't want to say too much in case I'm deemed as being sexist. Perhaps someone could explain to the lady that DR has said he has enjoyed his time here and has agreed to stay until at least 2020.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Carole » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Blidworth Stag wrote:No the fans who hurled abuse because he shouted at Danny Rose during the last home game kept this going. How very dare a manager shout at the fans favourite player and for the record the constant screaming and moaning by the lady (main culprit) is quite frankly disgraceful and very embarrassing for her husband and sometime soon lead to fans supporting Steve and give her a well earned piece of their mind

Blidworth Stag, If you are referring to me, then I didn't "hurl abuse because he shouted at Danny Rose" and I didn't
criticise his substitutions either as happened in the previous 2 home games!

I shouted my OPINION and asked why Steve Evans didn't do what he constantly asks the Stags fans to do,
get BEHIND and SUPPORT the team - not too much to ask from our Manager I don't think. I didn't swear
AT him, unlike Mr Evans! Why should I sit and take being called a "F*****g P***k? Would you? He obviously
doesn't like criticism, constructive or otherwise.

His constant barracking, and shouting profanities at whichever one of our players either makes a mistake
or does something else that frustrates him is far, far worse than anything I would shout. I do not shout F******
S**t or call someone a P***k or even ask someone out after the game - but this is ok for our Manager?

Why is it ok for Steve Evans to hurl his venomous abuse to anyone and everyone but, you don't want
to hear the "Lady (main culprit)" to shout her opinion? Surely you hear far, far worse at the games, I know I do
and not just from SE!

Yes I get emotional and I admit, too emotional at times, but I try and support our team, win, lose or draw.
I never abuse any of our players, boo our players and, if we are losing, or a player makes a mistake, I try and encourage
them. Sorry if you find that both disgusting or embarrassing. :oops: I would rather leave than hear the boos or slating
of our own team.

I think a lot of the frustrations on both sides is in the heat of the moment. We both want our team to do well, my God it's long
overdue. I don't particularly care for the way Steve Evans Manages but his record speaks for itself. Having said that, I could listen to
his interviews for hours. :)

Maybe Steve Evans and I can come to some agreement, if he can at least praise our players when they do something well,
instead of always swearing at them if they make a mistake, then I will try and keep my opinions to myself so I don't upset the
precious little mite or, even yourself. ;) :lol:

Oh, and I'm not a keyboard warrior either! :lol:

:mtfc: Come On You Stags :mtfc:
Carole
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby abc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Carole wrote:
Blidworth Stag wrote:No the fans who hurled abuse because he shouted at Danny Rose during the last home game kept this going. How very dare a manager shout at the fans favourite player and for the record the constant screaming and moaning by the lady (main culprit) is quite frankly disgraceful and very embarrassing for her husband and sometime soon lead to fans supporting Steve and give her a well earned piece of their mind

Blidworth Stag, If you are referring to me, then I didn't "hurl abuse because he shouted at Danny Rose" and I didn't

I shouted my OPINION and asked why Steve Evans didn't do what he constantly asks the Stags fans to do,
get BEHIND and SUPPORT the team - not too much to ask from our Manager I don't think. I didn't swear
AT him, unlike Mr Evans! Why should I sit and take being called a "F*****g P***k? Would you? He obviously

His constant barracking, and shouting profanities at whichever one of our players either makes a mistake
or does something else that frustrates him is far, far worse than anything I would shout. I do not shout F******
S**t or call someone a P***k or even ask someone out after the game - but this is ok for our Manager?

Why is it ok for Steve Evans to hurl his venomous abuse to anyone and everyone but, you don't want
to hear the "Lady (main culprit)" to shout her opinion? Surely you hear far, far worse at the games, I know I do
and not just from SE!

Yes I get emotional and I admit, too emotional at times, but I try and support our team, win, lose or draw.
I never abuse any of our players, boo our players and, if we are losing, or a player makes a mistake, I try and encourage
them. Sorry if you find that both disgusting or embarrassing. :oops: I would rather leave than hear the boos or slating
of our own team.

I think a lot of the frustrations on both sides is in the heat of the moment. We both want our team to do well, my God it's long
overdue. I don't particularly care for the way Steve Evans Manages but his record speaks for itself. Having said that, I could listen to

Maybe Steve Evans and I can come to some agreement, if he can at least praise our players when they do something well,
instead of always swearing at them if they make a mistake, then I will try and keep my opinions to myself so I don't upset the

Confused . com ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:13 pm

that sounds a lot like frontrowhero’s explanation from the other week :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 pm

Carole wrote:

and not just from SE!

of our own team.

Full marks Carole for posting on here and giving your reasons. You are obviously a passionate Stags supporter who wants the team to do well. My advice would be to keep posting on here and give your opinions. The other thing I would say, for what it's worth is to keep supporting the players by verbally encouraging them and ignore SE rants at the players. Leave it in house between him and the players. If we all stick together, we have more chance of progressing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Depending on how the results go for us around that time could be either a good evening or folks be on his back. Hopefully Mark will read out controversial questions. Either way hats off to them for wanting to do it.

Be nice to see more Evening withs.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Depending on how the results go for us around that time could be either a good evening or folks be on his back. Hopefully Mark will read out controversial questions. Either way hats off to them for wanting to do it.

Be nice to see more Evening withs.

Didn't Coxie resign soon after his " evening with ". I hope history doesn't repeat itself. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 pm

We have decided at the next home game to move forward 10 rows to identify the mystery moaner as well as support evans and raynor vocally with ear shot for them
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Good shout.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Chander Lear wrote:We have decided at the next home game to move forward 10 rows to identify the mystery moaner as well as support evans and raynor vocally with ear shot for them

Detective Lampshade's on the case. ;)
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Chander Lear wrote:We have decided at the next home game to move forward 10 rows to identify the mystery moaner as well as support evans and raynor vocally with ear shot for them

Hope you catch em
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:15 am

Make it sound like Pokemon :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 am

Amberheart wrote:

Hope you catch em

I have an idea who it is. Don't know him personally though.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 am

I don't like Evans' way of operating at all, but whatever he does/however he does it comes with his territory - it's how he always managed and how he's got his promotions (is it 9?). When JR brought him in he brought the whole package, profanities, moaning at refs, abusing his own players, etc and all, including success. You cant employ him based on his track record then ask him to change the way he did it, because you don't like it.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:48 am

Well said Carole!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby london amber stag » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Steve Evans is doing an excellent job at the moment and for the first time in years in the football league, we have a good chance of promotion. Opinions are divided on him but for me, he is delivering the goods and producing an excellent run of results, long may this continue.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum