{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Beware - parking fines

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Beware - parking fines

Postby adsstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Not sure if anyone has commented on here but our council have started to fine anyone parking on the re-painted yellows on high field way (just off quarry lane).

I'd actually parked there for the past year with no issues but got stung for £35 along with at least 20 other cars.

It is a anoying as it's a road that doesn't need double yellows or gets used on a Saturday.
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Beware - parking fines

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Have you had a bad xmas , lol
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:55 pm

I got stung with that a few years back. This was at a time when the double yellows had all but worn away and the brambles completely covered the footpath.

I took loads of photos & appealed the fine, I also pointed out that a manhole cover had been missing for about 6 months & no one from Highways had dealt with it.

The County Council wouldn't budge but they did kindly repaint the double yellows, cut the brambles back and replace the manhole.

I park in Water Meadows now 70p on a Saturday, free on night matches.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 pm

I park outside my house i walk to the match Have a pint then walk home...

Simples.......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:22 pm

From now on, I walk as well now and got soaked on Monday lol..but yes this contributed to a great xmas :-)
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:31 pm

I've parked there for years, they always do a load of ticketing over Christmas up there. I got done 3 games back. I've started parking the dairy now.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 pm

adsstag wrote:Not sure if anyone has commented on here but our council have started to fine anyone parking on the re-painted yellows on high field way (just off quarry lane).

I'd actually parked there for the past year with no issues but got stung for £35 along with at least 20 other cars.

It is a anoying as it's a road that doesn't need double yellows or gets used on a Saturday.

but you DID know it had double yellow lines before you parked there?
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:53 pm

I walked back to my car parked in the sidestreets near the talbot ,think its stella street walking through the retail park in front of comet ,cut through a gap in the hedge onto nottingham road tripped over some sunken lights shining back to the shops smashed my shoulder to pieces and ended up in qmc 20th oct 2007 we beat notts county that day and i ended up watching south africa beat england in the rugby world cup final ,great day and the best bit is i got 22000 compo ,not a bad day all round
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Park on Matlock avenue. Free and a pleasant walk through the nature reserve.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Sorry you got caught but if you park on double yellows you know the risk!
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm

To be honest parking fines are an outrage ,the only thing worse is hospital car parks outrageous but the moneys got to come from somewhere
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 pm

I was under the impression that double yellows had to be complete and clearly visible to be legally upheld?
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 am

I've taken Calstag's advice and just stick t'car anywhere I want. If some joker sends me a ticket I take Cals advice and give them the finger and don't pay it :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:12 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:I was under the impression that double yellows had to be complete and clearly visible to be legally upheld?

Apparently not. :cry:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:I was under the impression that double yellows had to be complete and clearly visible to be legally upheld?

The lines in question have been repainted in the last few months. They are clearly visible now. Previously they were very faded with lots of gaps, there is no missing them now.

I took my chances and got done. No complaints here.

Also tater, that "advice" is only right if you get a ticket from a private firm. These are Notts County Council penalty notices and payment can't be avoided.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:09 am

SINA STAG wrote:I park outside my house i walk to the match Have a pint then walk home...

Simples.......

I could do that, but then I'd be watching Florist or Clownty.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm

Spiritater wrote:I've taken Calstag's advice and just stick t'car anywhere I want. If some joker sends me a ticket I take Cals advice and give them the finger and don't pay it :lol:

Talking of whom where is he ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:33 pm

It's easy money for the council, I guess they had to finance the new lines. in some way - it's all to "Jobsworth" for my liking, Saturday afternoons and Tuesday Nights don't cause any parking issues apart from those who park right on the end, quite dangerously on occasions but hey, they are Blue badge holders which makes it OK :shock:

I remember a few years back for getting ticketed for parking on the grass verge, along with many others, like me who had parked there for decades without a problem.

Maybe SAG have got involved and offered NCC some safety advice aka find another way to raspberry off Stags fans.

Anyway thanks for the post alerting me to tickets being issued, I'll swerve the double Yellows for a while.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:06 pm

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I've taken Calstag's advice and just stick t'car anywhere I want. If some joker sends me a ticket I take Cals advice and give them the finger and don't pay it :lol:

The little green men in their spaceship came and took him away.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 am

Jamie wrote:

The lines in question have been repainted in the last few months. They are clearly visible now. Previously they were very faded with lots of gaps, there is no missing them now.

I took my chances and got done. No complaints here.

Also tater, that "advice" is only right if you get a ticket from a private firm. These are Notts County Council penalty notices and payment can't be avoided.

Ah yes, you will always get a fine slapped on regardless, they dish em out like Trump does P45's ;) But I'm sure from an appeal perspective it isn't legal to uphold if the lines aren't complete and fully visible. By paying I believe that's classed as admission of guilt.

There were a number of cases about this year's ago - maybe someone else might know?
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Sneag wrote:I got stung with that a few years back. This was at a time when the double yellows had all but worn away and the brambles completely covered the footpath.

I took loads of photos & appealed the fine, I also pointed out that a manhole cover had been missing for about 6 months & no one from Highways had dealt with it.

The County Council wouldn't budge but they did kindly repaint the double yellows, cut the brambles back and replace the manhole.

I park in Water Meadows now 70p on a Saturday, free on night matches.

I also park in Water Meadows which is great for me as the kid goes swimming in there sometimes whilst i go to the match so two birds with one stone really.

Years ago visiting the Mill as an away fan, i parked in the retail park and got fined so not done that since.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby jr senior » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 pm

The One wrote:

Banged up for non payment of parking fines perhaps :roll: :roll:
jr senior
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm

jr senior wrote:
The One wrote:

Banged up for non payment of parking fines perhaps :roll: :roll:

And/or TV licence, and/or council tax, and/or utility bills........ ;) :lol:
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum