{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

LOMAS ON STAGS: 'boo boys' beggar belief on current run

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

LOMAS ON STAGS: 'boo boys' beggar belief on current run

Postby Chadman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm

I am trying to be the voice of reason here as it's quite shocking to see how much folk with the vast experience of Evans and Raynor have been rattled by the levels of anger and nastiness to them on the home bench from people who appear to be their own fans.

And this is with the side a point off third place and only one loss in 18.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-8936315
Chadman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: LOMAS ON STAGS: 'boo boys' beggar belief on current run

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

No one heard anything except clearly Evans and Raynor. All you could hear after Carlisle’s goals were boos in reaction to Drysdales 257th shocking decision in a game involving us.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:06 pm

No-one could ever persuade me that someone who stands 20 or 30 feet from the manager of a football team and hurls abuse at them could ever be described as a fan, no matter how many years they happen to have been following that football team/miles travelled/money spent/shirts bought, etc. League position is irrelevant. They are simply someone with an anger management problem who has found something to do on a Saturday afternoon.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Dont let the truth get in the way of Evans formulating his escape route Dick.
So if you Boo the referee now its automatically aimed at Evans.
Give me strength.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:15 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Dont let the truth get in the way of Evans formulating his escape route Dick.
So if you Boo the referee now its automatically aimed at Evans.
Give me strength.

I'm sure if Evans wanted toeave he wouldntt put down to a few morons that haven't got a clue about football .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Whilst SE was justified in his moaning about the reaction to the Hemmings sub v Morcambe, this just appears to be moaning for the sake of moaning about raspberries that only he heard. It's making him look like a mardy tit.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:34 pm

We sit between both dugouts. After the Carlisle goal the only booing heard was directed at Carlisle and the Referee who many felt had cheated their way to a penalty kick.

There is a very simple solution to this problem. Move the dugouts back where Evans found them, about seventy yards away from the IGS where sensitive souls cannot hear any comments they feel are directed towards them.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:37 pm

:lol: does he know nobody likes darren drysdale thats why he got booed because he as been a terrible ref in the past
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 pm

is there even a story here? I sit lower west and didn't hear any abuse towards our bench, there was a few moans at the ref but the fans around me enjoyed a great game of football.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Was strange, he had a good first half, then went bonkers
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Evans and a fan about 10 rows directly in front of me were definitely exchanging words, so something was said to him. It wasnt that loud though as everyone around us was wondering what was going off.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm

This is not about being thick skinned or Evans attitude to others. Its his complete dismay at the attitude of some when the club is clearly on the up and we are generally playing well - and I share his anger

So what if we didn't play well against Morecambe - we won and that's what top sides do. Lets not get back into that debate about attractive football its about winning for me.

I'm happy to let SE make footballing decisions. Thats what he's paid for

Our job is to support and that means getting behind the boys when things aren't going well.

So lets do it and cheer the boys onto promotion
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Yawn.

Abuse is not acceptable.

So can one of you reporters who interview him after the match ask Evans why he feels it acceptable to abuse officials/opposition/players. If it upsets him so much, ask him how he thinks they feel?

Such a hypocrite.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

old ram stag wrote:is there even a story here? I sit lower west and didn't hear any abuse towards our bench, there was a few moans at the ref but the fans around me enjoyed a great game of football.

No story at all. The atmosphere was good. Evans exchanges words with 1 supporter and Chad wheels out the boo boys headline. Did they even have a reporter there?
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Chadman wrote:I am trying to be the voice of reason here as it's quite shocking to see how much folk with the vast experience of Evans and Raynor have been rattled by the levels of anger and nastiness to them on the home bench from people who appear to be their own fans.

What a joke this paper and it's reporter have now become.
Maybe Mr Lomas would like to come and sit in my seat for 90 minutes next time out.
Sit directly behind the dugout and one fan, yes one, aimed a disgruntled "f****** hell Raynor, f****** change it" when the penalty went in.
Yes, one fan and two expletives, but now we are boo boys.

As someone once said "treat others like you expect to be treated yourself" or "if you can't take it, don't dish it out"
But seriously a whole article about one fan on Monday.
:roll:

Oh, and Raynor's antics aren't a patch on Steve's by the way.
Last edited by whipster221073 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Yorkstags happy so everyone else must be wrong lets all sing from the same songsheet sorry life aint like that its like they say nowt as queer as folk ,but remember it works both ways oh and my job was to make bricks not be a messiah worshipping football fan
Last edited by spanishstag on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Evans and a fan about 10 rows directly in front of me were definitely exchanging words, so something was said to him. It wasnt that loud though as everyone around us was wondering what was going off.

Some thought should be given to the fans that sit in the firing line between SE and the fan(s) who take part in this silliness. They have paid good money to enjoy a game of football not to witness a slanging match. It's pathetic on both sides when you think about it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Yawn.

Abuse is not acceptable.

So can one of you reporters who interview him after the match ask Evans why he feels it acceptable to abuse officials/opposition/players. If it upsets him so much, ask him how he thinks they feel?

Such a hypocrite.

Evans gets as much as he gives from the opposition , especially from the opposing fans , and he takes it on the chin , so I wouldn't call him a hypocrite . . What he doesn't expect is getting it from some of our so called fans when we have lost 1 in 18 .

Its been said over and over again , we know what we was getting with Evans . Opinionated , boisterous and sometimes embarrassing but a damn good manager . If the tiny clueless minority don't like him or his ways then they can do one
I'd rather have him in charge , with his proven record than have a no hoper choirboy .

You are not only questioning Evans but questioning The Radfords on selecting him

There is no difference about us fans hurling abuse at opposing fans , managers and players or the officials . Steve is as passionate as us . If things were going bad then he would accept any abuse but that's not the case is it ? We should be backing him on this excellent run not the other way around
We are lucky to have Evans as manager .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:55 pm

tmwilson wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Yawn.

Abuse is not acceptable.

Such a hypocrite.

Evans gets as much as he gives from the opposition , especially from the opposing fans , and he takes it on the chin , so I wouldn't call him a hypocrite . . What he doesn't expect is getting it from some of our so called fans when we have lost 1 in 18 .

Its been said over and over again , we know what we was getting with Evans . Opinionated , boisterous and sometimes embarrassing but a damn good manager . If the tiny clueless minority don't like him or his ways then they can do one
I'd rather have him in charge , with his proven record than have a no hoper choirboy .

You are not only questioning Evans but questioning The Radfords on selecting him

There is no difference about us fans hurling abuse at opposing fans , managers and players or the officials . Steve is as passionate as us . If things were going bad then he would accept any abuse but that's not the case is it ? We should be backing him on this excellent run not the other way around
We are lucky to have Evans as manager .

Where did I say I don't want him to be the manager?

I'm sick of his whinging about fans when he does the same thing every week. As others have said, he comes across that he is doing us a favour being our manager, like he is doing it for free.

Some on here are very quick to leap to his defence when he dishes out the same vile language to officials and opposition. But because they are not 'our own', that's ok :roll:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Chadman wrote:I am trying to be the voice of reason here as it's quite shocking to see how much folk with the vast experience of Evans and Raynor have been rattled by the levels of anger and nastiness to them on the home bench from people who appear to be their own fans.

Fake news
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 pm

This from a bloke who sits in a car with a dodgy camera and an even dodgier haircut
spanishstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 pm

spanishstag wrote:This from a bloke who sits in a car with a dodgy camera and an even dodgier haircut

Who?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:31 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:This from a bloke who sits in a car with a dodgy camera and an even dodgier haircut

Who?

I think he means Lomas. Personally I don’t mind the FB videos. They’re informative.

As for princesses, they may not be one but.......
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:35 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who?

I think he means Lomas. Personally I don’t mind the FB videos. They’re informative.

As for princesses, they may not be one but.......

OMG, Surely, Whiffy - not a testosterone fuelled ex military man like you? Welcome to the pink side.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Anywhere you sit at our ground you'll be within earshot of a mouthy raspberry who audibly proves that they know very little about their chosen subject. However, you'll also be within a few hundred folks who can control their emotions in a more sensible manner.

I agree that Evans ought to have more about him. You can't tell me that he hasn't had a loudmouth abuse him from the home stands at all of his previous clubs. This is a guy who'd row with his shadow, he'll pick a fight with anyone in range if he's aggravated, so it shouldn't surprise us that he takes the bait from a single idiot with a flapping tongue.

We sat there last season for the Plymouth FA Cup game and there was one proper pillock who was on it from minute one to minute ninety. We had to have a word with him and also made a pact to never sit there again because it would probably turn ugly pretty quickly. It wouldn't shock me if it's the same individual. Unfortunately, when you have someone like that near the dugout it becomes an issue, although it would be an issue no matter who is stationed in the home dugout.

My advice to Evans would be, if a miniscule amount of individuals are proving so bothersome, then shift back over to the Bishop - problem solved.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum