{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

HIGHLIGHTS - Mansfield 3-1 Carlisle

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: HIGHLIGHTS - Mansfield 3-1 Carlisle

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Wrong. This sport is a contact sport. Contact does not mean an automatic foul.

Stick to Rugby :lol:

Logan missed the ball, if he then made contact with the player it was a penalty. In fact, in law you don't need to make contact with an opponent for a foul to be awarded. Clearly in this instance the referee thought there was contact and awarded the kick, a fair minded person would be able to see why he gave it, it is therefore no surprise you don't ;)

I know the laws. I was pointing out that your post was balls. Contact doesn’t mean foul. No contact doesn’t mean no foul.

If Logan didn’t make contact, do you think it was a penalty ?

You spent too much time sweating over You Are The Ref in Shoot.

If Logan made contact it was a certain penalty, if not, it wasn't. Ref clearly thought he made contact and had a better view than me and the TV angle.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:off topic, but are there no league one/two highlights on c5 tonight?

At about ten to one after midnight
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:25 pm

part time pete wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:off topic, but are there no league one/two highlights on c5 tonight?

The ideal scheduling slot for the returning to work after a weeks break brigade!
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:26 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
part time pete wrote:

The ideal scheduling slot for the returning to work after a weeks break brigade!

wish they’d put it back on the beeb, clinton morrison is so irritating
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 pm

I love the pat on the head from Logan when their player hit the bar from 3 yards PMSL.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Very soft pen. Looked like a clear dive. If Logan caught him his body should have changed direction but instead the dive happened when he was past the keeper.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:08 am

Nice to see us being ruthless today. We killed the game off at 2-1, after it could have been 2-2. We also punished defensive mistakes well. All 3 goals were awful defending by Carlisle.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:02 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:
part time pete wrote:

wish they’d put it back on the beeb, clinton morrison is so irritating

I agree the BBC pundits are much more classier in the way they iritate. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:13 am

Simples, refs have it in for us. we had so many pens at the start of the season that anything close nowadays is a dive, Rose 2, Hemmings blatant dive at Coventry. Look at the ref v Morecambe, nagging Danny throughout the game for putting his face in front of opponents elbows. As such any opposition fallover in our area is a definite pen.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby milne6 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:20 pm

I can see why it was a peno.. Logan came rushing out.. nowhere near the ball and player went down.. on the highlights.. It looks like they was slight contact

If it was opposite way round.. this would be a one was road..
This is a Signature
milne6
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:26 pm

Never touched him. You can tell it was a dive with the players reaction after Logan accused him of it.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Wrong. This sport is a contact sport. Contact does not mean an automatic foul.

Stick to Rugby :lol:

Logan missed the ball, if he then made contact with the player it was a penalty. In fact, in law you don't need to make contact with an opponent for a foul to be awarded. Clearly in this instance the referee thought there was contact and awarded the kick, a fair minded person would be able to see why he gave it, it is therefore no surprise you don't ;)

I know the laws. I was pointing out that your post was balls. Contact doesn’t mean foul. No contact doesn’t mean no foul.

If Logan didn’t make contact, do you think it was a penalty ?

You spent too much time sweating over You Are The Ref in Shoot.

If Logan made contact it was a certain penalty, if not, it wasn't. Ref clearly thought he made contact and had a better view than me and the TV angle.

I was under the impression that ref's were only to give penalties if 100% certain that it is.

From the angle he has from the footage it's clear that he doesn't have a clear view, so therefore shouldn't have given it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum