{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Darren's back!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Darren's back!

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:18 pm

abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I agree. He performed well today.

Apart from giving a penalty that should never of been that could potentially of unjustly changed the outcome, you mean ?

Over the years of watching football at Field Mill, it has become absolutely clear to me that all the best, most competent, referees are in the stands and probably never attempted to do the job that they feel qualified to criticise others for not doing perfectly.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Those saying no complaints will change their minds once they see the penalty incident.

Just seen it, Logan makes no contact with the ball, not sure from the TV angle if he makes contact with the player. Still looks like a penalty to me, if it were us we'd be screaming for it :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

Apart from giving a penalty that should never of been that could potentially of unjustly changed the outcome, you mean ?

Over the years of watching football at Field Mill, it has become absolutely clear to me that all the best, most competent, referees are in the stands and probably never attempted to do the job that they feel qualified to criticise others for not doing perfectly.

It was never a penalty even Carlisle supporters don't think it was but never mind he had a good game .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:59 pm

abc wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

It was never a penalty even Carlisle supporters don't think it was but never mind he had a good game .
Having looked at the footage, I can fully understand why he gave it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Those saying no complaints will change their minds once they see the penalty incident.

Just seen it, Logan makes no contact with the ball, not sure from the TV angle if he makes contact with the player. Still looks like a penalty to me, if it were us we'd be screaming for it :lol:

Just seen it to, video is inconclusive from that angle, but I must say it looks more of a pen from that angle than the live one I had.

As a side note, there was no need for Logan to come out. Bennett had the situation under reasonable control.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 pm

Yeah but everyone know DD comes with it's my rules if I think I see it im right attitude so why give him a decision to make by rushing off your line
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 pm

Unfortuantely Logan has the reactions and speed of a Turtle when coming off his line.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby geoffhill » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Watched it several times.Obvious pen for me.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:37 pm

At the end of the day, it’s a penalty because the referee awarded it.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:At the end of the day, it’s a penalty because the referee awarded it.

Lol, thanks for the insight.

In other news the game also finished as he blew his whistle
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:At the end of the day, it’s a penalty because the referee awarded it.

has michael owen hijacked your account :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 am

Debate it as much as you want, but if Drysdale's given it it's a pen. There's Jack all we can do bout it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum