{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Darren's back!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Darren's back!

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:10 am

Apparently he'll officiate tomorrow at t'Mill. Is anyone worried?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Darren's back!

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:42 am

Yes
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 am

I’ll go for .....

6 x yellow, and
1 x red
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:58 am

The last few games he has officiated us he has been very good, I'm trust tomorrow will be no different.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 pm

pemill wrote:The last few games he has officiated us he has been very good, I'm trust tomorrow will be no different.

Don’t forget the Evans factor !
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stags1963 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Will Rose get sent off. I bet Drysdale will be looking out for him?
stags1963
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 pm

Crab Fat.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Some Wycombe fans thought the referee favoured Mansfield yesterday but he gave us five yellow cards compared to Wycombe's one. He also turned down a good penalty shout and I thought he favoured them on free kicks. 19 fouls by Mansfield against Wycombe's 14.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Apart from the penalty, which I would like to see again, i thought that Darren had a solid game which he was always in control of.

He managed the appalling behaviour of some of the players, which includes Pearce, quite well. Played some great great advantages and allowed the game to flow which benefited us.

Until grown men stop having their Saturday afternoon competition of who is the biggest arsehole on the pitch with their simulations, faux aggression towards each other and coaching staff actually coach instead of commenting on the performance of one man which they can’t influence you won’t get anywhere near the 100% flawless performance which a professional sport would benefit from.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Apart from the penalty, which I would like to see again, i thought that Darren had a solid game which he was always in control of.

He managed the appalling behaviour of some of the players, which includes Pearce, quite well. Played some great great advantages and allowed the game to flow which benefited us.

Until grown men stop having their Saturday afternoon competition of who is the biggest arsehole on the pitch with their simulations, faux aggression towards each other and coaching staff actually coach instead of commenting on the performance of one man which they can’t influence you won’t get anywhere near the 100% flawless performance which a professional sport would benefit from.

Well said.

I think he got a free kick wrong early in 2nd half, Pearce cleanly won the ball, but otherwise he did well. I thought it was a pen and he managed the amateur dramatics from players and sideline well.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 pm

At first look it looked a dive for the pen, but the replay will show.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Apart from the penalty he did ok.
Hon Sec
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Pantomime dive
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Rob wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Apart from the penalty, which I would like to see again, i thought that Darren had a solid game which he was always in control of.

Well said.

I think he got a free kick wrong early in 2nd half, Pearce cleanly won the ball, but otherwise he did well. I thought it was a pen and he managed the amateur dramatics from players and sideline well.

Both Refs ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Rob wrote:

Well said.

I thought he did well today, seemed content to dish out lectures rather than cards.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

I wonder what the darren drysdale circa 2007 would have made of that.

Would have been 7 vs 8!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Everytime we've had DD he's been a decent ref excluding the game a few seasons back.were he lost the plot for.some.reason but since that day always been a decent ref.....

Only moan today the IG lino missed most decisions n the ones he didn't miss he made up his own storyline on what he seen
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Everytime we've had DD he's been a decent ref excluding the game a few seasons back.were he lost the plot for.some.reason but since that day always been a decent ref.....

Only moan today the IG lino missed most decisions n the ones he didn't miss he made up his own storyline on what he seen

He gave us a couple of hilarious throws when we'd clearly kicked the ball out.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:33 pm

abc wrote:
Rob wrote:

Well said.

Both Refs ?

Yes
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:49 pm

Crab Fat.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:05 pm

No complaints from me, I thought he was better than most refs we've had this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

I agree. He performed well today.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Those saying no complaints will change their minds once they see the penalty incident.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Agreed, he did well but the penalty did seem harsh.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:13 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I agree. He performed well today.

Apart from giving a penalty that should never of been that could potentially of unjustly changed the outcome, you mean ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum