{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
PRL13 wrote:Don`t you think Olejnik deserves a run now, Dave?

Didn't go to Wycombe, sounds like bobby did alright. If Conrad was ill he should come back in. Been superb last 3 months and you can't drop someone who's been playing that well even if Bobby had a good game

I would think Olejnik will keep his place. He played well. Logan was ill, that's the luck of the draw. It would be unusual for Evans to drop (as opposed to rest) someone after they've had a good game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:48 pm

If Evans is true to his word about performances keeping the shirt then it's olejniks to lose
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:this is my take on the two possible penalties:

On 57 minutes, Potter got into the area on the right, and went down. It was a bit too far away for me to see if it should be a penalty, but John Peers texting into our commentary on iFollow Stags from behind the goal and with a good view, thought it should have been. From the pitchside video, Jacobson sticks out a leg as Potter cuts inside him, Potter goes down, Jacobson withdraws his leg and protests his innocence. I think that was a penalty, though it is a very hard one to tell, and the referee probably couldn’t tell. The referee did not book Potter for diving.

On 90+1 minutes, Olejnik had to stretch to tip a dangerous cross from Nick Freeman over the bar. From the resulting corner, Wycombe claimed for a penalty which was not given. From the video, Mackail-Smith lofted a shot towards the roof of the net from 4 yards. Angol, who was about a yard away, blocked the ball with his right arm, with his elbow sticking slightly out from by his side. From the video, you can see that the referee had a perfect view and carried on. It was a difficult one for the referee (as was the Potter possible penalty earlier). It could have been given, and I would say the two incidents evened themselves out.

Just watched the West Brom penalty against Arsenal today in the Premier League. The arm was in a very similar place to Angol's. Mike Dean gave the West Brom penalty. The MOTD pundits all agreed it was very soft.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum