{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ricky Miller signs on loan until end of season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ricky miller

Postby midlandstag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am

He looks a good player and his goal record for all Wikipedia is very good but looks a bit of an animal I wouldn't mind him let's hope he comes to Mansfield.
COYS
midlandstag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby old ram stag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am

we need an animal someone who perhaps not so technical but will say stop passing smack the thing. a Phil start type and this chap could do the job.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:58 am

old ram stag wrote:we need an animal someone who perhaps not so technical but will say stop passing smack the thing. a Phil start type and this chap could do the job.


:lol: ORS - You’re as bad as me at not reading what you type!
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6123
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Ricky miller

Postby kwambo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Think we can put this one to bed. Taken from today's news conference


Mansfield Town FC
@mansfieldtownfc
·
15m
SE: "I've not had one conversation with Peterborough United about Ricky Miller."
kwambo
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:33 pm

kwambo wrote:Think we can put this one to bed. Taken from today's news conference


Mansfield Town FC
@mansfieldtownfc
·
15m
SE: "I've not had one conversation with Peterborough United about Ricky Miller."



wait for it, there’ll be people ‘in the know’ calling evans a liar :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4081
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:52 pm

AlanStag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
AlanStag wrote:Think what we're missing up top is a Rheady-type target man. Rose, Hemmings and Angol have 23 goals between them so far which isn't bad considering that Hemmings and Angol were missing for large chunks of games.

You can never turn a top player down if available I suppose, but if true this suggests to me that Rose or Hemmings may be departing.

Hemmings may be departing. That's out of our hands if Oxford recall him, but Steve Evans won't learn that until January. Rose won't be going anywhere. We are looking to strengthen the squad, not weaken it.

Not sure what I said that would weaken the squad? My point was if Hemmings, Rose, Angol stay at the club and Miller comes in for I imagine big money akin to Hemmings and Angol that leaves us with 4 player who all want to be the "main man" on big money but only two will be playing. I think a fully firing Rose, Angol and Hemmings is enough for a challenge in this league IMO, all have scored in the past 2 games.

I think there are deeper problems within the squad such as the centre of midfield and full back positions which are the root of our problems rather than throwing more money at expensive strikers.

you said "suggests to me .. Rose may be leaving". That would weaken the squad.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16910
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Ricky miller

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:11 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
kwambo wrote:Think we can put this one to bed. Taken from today's news conference


Mansfield Town FC
@mansfieldtownfc
·
15m
SE: "I've not had one conversation with Peterborough United about Ricky Miller."



wait for it, there’ll be people ‘in the know’ calling evans a liar :lol:


No, not had one conversation, but loads of conversations about Miller. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5231
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Quoted from a KSN colleague of mine

Got lucky playing in a side that played for him -always think that

when Chris Kinnear moves on a "star" there's a reason for it and his off field activities since he left Dover to me says it all...

When I did see him thought him lazy and if chips were down he went missing!!!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: St Paul's Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: Ricky miller

Postby RickyJ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:48 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Last left footed goalscorer we had in the peak of his career was Whitehall. He wasn't too bad.

Must have missed Iyseden Christie's return 14 years ago ;) .
Sarifo, Sarifo, Sarifo!!!
RickyJ
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Ricky miller

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:05 pm

RickyJ wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Last left footed goalscorer we had in the peak of his career was Whitehall. He wasn't too bad.

Must have missed Iyseden Christie's return 14 years ago ;) .


Iyseden iyseden iyseden.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 pm

Last left footed goalscorer we had in the peak of his career was Whitehall. He wasn't too bad.


I'm very left footed and until recently was all over Whitehall :lol:
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: St Paul's Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: Ricky miller

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
RickyJ wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Last left footed goalscorer we had in the peak of his career was Whitehall. He wasn't too bad.

Must have missed Iyseden Christie's return 14 years ago ;) .


Iyseden iyseden iyseden.

Iyseden had nowhere near the class of Whitehall. Never known a player to sprint at full pelt with his head down and never look up. And I'd never describe Iyseden as a finisher either :lol: he was far from a classy looking striker!

The last actual classy finisher we had, was also a Non-League striker. He never played, got released, then went on to be sold for half a million quid and is Millwall's top scorer every year. Another player who came from a lot further down the pyramid than Miller.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Ricky miller

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Bloody hell he had more clubs than I’ve hot dinners. Not just that but his stats ain’t good enough. Personally don’t think that don’t need any more strikers if Angol starts hitting some form along with Danny and Kane, if they don’t recall him back that is.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Ricky miller

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Evans will be looking at a big strapping centre forward having read his last interview.
Something different is what he wants.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm

There's a few telling points to this thread:

- we can't agree on the type of striker we need
- some suggest a commanding midfielder is the real priority
- few names are being bandied about, confirming pickings are slim
- most of the names will either be an unknown quantity, or more baggage than a Boeing storage hold
- there will be a glut of teams vying for the few people available, we won't necessarily be the team players seek out.
- SE only has one shot, he can't buy 2 or 3 as in summer and see which come good.

Imo if we sign it'll be a non league player or a young unknown from the echelons above. Anything else is about as likely as Boris Johnson going into business with Vidal Sassoon ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2410
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby tiptop » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:09 pm

For me as we keep humping it upfront from the back we do need a big lad upfront,plus a strong/scoring midfielder....

For me it's the midfielder more than anyone is what we need, look what Whiteman did for us last year....

If go for Grant at county from forest best scoring midfielder in league 2..... see how much forest want for him...

Ellison of Morecambe for me tall and can head a ball,last 20mins he could change a game plus would come very cheap.... saving money for grant
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Is Ellison a serious suggestion?
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby The One » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Dead thread Evans not spoke to Posh re Miller

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... er-window/
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9726
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:32 pm

tiptop wrote:For me as we keep humping it upfront from the back we do need a big lad upfront,plus a strong/scoring midfielder....

For me it's the midfielder more than anyone is what we need, look what Whiteman did for us last year....

If go for Grant at county from forest best scoring midfielder in league 2..... see how much forest want for him...

Ellison of Morecambe for me tall and can head a ball,last 20mins he could change a game plus would come very cheap.... saving money for grant


Not a cat in hells chance of signing Grant.

Porter from Crewe is good in the air and scored goals at this level, but from reading Evans interview and him saying we won't be making a move until after Wycombe and want it done before Cardiff gives me the impression it will be a young lad on loan or somebody that hasn't had a kick all season - not somebody who plays week in week out and has scored a few
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Ricky miller

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
tiptop wrote:For me as we keep humping it upfront from the back we do need a big lad upfront,plus a strong/scoring midfielder....

For me it's the midfielder more than anyone is what we need, look what Whiteman did for us last year....

If go for Grant at county from forest best scoring midfielder in league 2..... see how much forest want for him...

Ellison of Morecambe for me tall and can head a ball,last 20mins he could change a game plus would come very cheap.... saving money for grant


Not a cat in hells chance of signing Grant.

Porter from Crewe is good in the air and scored goals at this level, but from reading Evans interview and him saying we won't be making a move until after Wycombe and want it done before Cardiff gives me the impression it will be a young lad on loan or somebody that hasn't had a kick all season as these deals tend to get done quicker - not somebody who plays week in week out and has scored a few
BH_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Ricky miller

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Is Ellison a serious suggestion?


Only if you’re on the Jamaican Woodbines.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Ricky miller

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
old ram stag wrote:we need an animal someone who perhaps not so technical but will say stop passing smack the thing. a Phil start type and this chap could do the job.


:lol: ORS - You’re as bad as me at not reading what you type!


And to think Old Ram Stag, I nearly bought you a dictionary for Christmas!! Bet you are glad I bought you a pint instead having read that message!
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Ricky miller

Postby daddycool » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Three pages on a player we will not be signing
daddycool
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

Re: Ricky miller

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Evans says the Radford's have had a sit down with someone from the Championship on iFollow.

Someone the Radford's know well apparently so he's left them to deal with it
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Ricky miller

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:41 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Evans says the Radford's have had a sit down with someone from the Championship on iFollow.

Someone the Radford's know well apparently so he's left them to deal with it


Donny??
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests