{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Meden event security

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Meden event security

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:31 pm

M E wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Funny how the 'hero' fails to mention that he spent almost 5 minutes arguing with other fans after shouting his comments to Evans and Raynor, that he went back to said fans several times to dish out more abuse, and even when back at his seat and being politely asked by the stewards to sit down and calm down he kept standing and gesturing to the other fans in a way that suggested he wanted them to 'come and fight'.
I sat watching it all and knew that the stewards were going to get the blame on here. The only person responsible for this whole incident is the person who started the thread, and he is the one who should be apologising to his own child for upsetting and embarrassing him. The child was attempted to get his father to sit down but was being ignored.
Once the stewards realised that he wasn't going to calm down they asked him to leave. At this time there were only 2 stewards there. The numbers only increased when he refused to leave, but lets not let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to blame the stewards for a supposed adult acting like a child.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... of-conduct

It’s also funny how he also fails to mention that the stewards have to ‘have a word’ with him almost every game!


That right they do. What it is I'm supposed to do god only knows. Kicked out today for what?! the place is a joke at the
Moment
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby Foxy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
That right they do. What it is I'm supposed to do god only knows. Kicked out today for what?! the place is a joke at the
Moment


Not go off like a nutcase all the time maybe?
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: Meden event security

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Appears ain't all it seems
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
M E wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Funny how the 'hero' fails to mention that he spent almost 5 minutes arguing with other fans after shouting his comments to Evans and Raynor, that he went back to said fans several times to dish out more abuse, and even when back at his seat and being politely asked by the stewards to sit down and calm down he kept standing and gesturing to the other fans in a way that suggested he wanted them to 'come and fight'.
I sat watching it all and knew that the stewards were going to get the blame on here. The only person responsible for this whole incident is the person who started the thread, and he is the one who should be apologising to his own child for upsetting and embarrassing him. The child was attempted to get his father to sit down but was being ignored.
Once the stewards realised that he wasn't going to calm down they asked him to leave. At this time there were only 2 stewards there. The numbers only increased when he refused to leave, but lets not let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to blame the stewards for a supposed adult acting like a child.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... of-conduct

It’s also funny how he also fails to mention that the stewards have to ‘have a word’ with him almost every game!


That right they do. What it is I'm supposed to do god only knows. Kicked out today for what?! the place is a joke at the
Moment


Sounds like you need to take responsibility for your actions. You reap what you sow.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11042
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:46 am

I've seen more than enough comments on Facebook as well to draw my own conclusion that your behaviour is an embarrassment and the worst kind of example to set to your poor kids who have to witness it on a weekly basis.

Pity you didn't pick a fight with the wrong sort of supporter really.
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Meden event security

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 am

T'is a storm in a teacup.
I feel for the kids involved.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Meden event security

Postby Steve North » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:24 am

Dave Wayne wrote:Funny how the 'hero' fails to mention that he spent almost 5 minutes arguing with other fans after shouting his comments to Evans and Raynor, that he went back to said fans several times to dish out more abuse, and even when back at his seat and being politely asked by the stewards to sit down and calm down he kept standing and gesturing to the other fans in a way that suggested he wanted them to 'come and fight'.
I sat watching it all and knew that the stewards were going to get the blame on here. The only person responsible for this whole incident is the person who started the thread, and he is the one who should be apologising to his own child for upsetting and embarrassing him. The child was attempted to get his father to sit down but was being ignored.
Once the stewards realised that he wasn't going to calm down they asked him to leave. At this time there were only 2 stewards there. The numbers only increased when he refused to leave, but lets not let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to blame the stewards for a supposed adult acting like a child.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... of-conduct


If this is correct, the guy in question should take a good look at himself. What kind of bloke behaves like that in front of his own child - what a great role model. Just embarrassing really. If he has such a lack of control over his actions, maybe it's best that he just follow the games on the internet.
Steve North
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 am

Re: Meden event security

Postby old stag » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:25 am

I agree spiro, but it’s a pity some of our players don’t show as much passion as some of our loyal supporters, after all we pay to be there.
old stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:40 am

old stag wrote:I agree spiro, but it’s a pity some of our players don’t show as much passion as some of our loyal supporters, after all we pay to be there.

Passion isn’t hurling abuse at people!!! Maybe his passion should be encouraging the team when it’s not going so well. I think I’ve seen this guy abusing opposing team players before and it’s cringeworthy.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby Steve North » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:01 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
old stag wrote:I agree spiro, but it’s a pity some of our players don’t show as much passion as some of our loyal supporters, after all we pay to be there.

Passion isn’t hurling abuse at people!!! Maybe his passion should be encouraging the team when it’s not going so well. I think I’ve seen this guy abusing opposing team players before and it’s cringeworthy.


Spot on pal. Some people confuse passion with behaving like an immature dckhead
Steve North
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 am

Re: Meden event security

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:21 am

Well Mr Front Row Hero this thread seems to have backfired.
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Meden event security

Postby Dp1976 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:35 am

Without knowing facts I would ask if front row hero delivered his point any different to the foul mouthed tirade that Evans and raynor gave to those sat behind them after the hemmings change, it’s difficult to single one out when those in charge seem to set the standard for themselves.
Dp1976
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 am

Stewards at MTFC have got some rightful stick over the years - I had my own small issue with one a few weeks ago - however, most are decent sorts and I can't ever imagine that someone gets dragged out by five of them without doing something worthy of it.

Frontrowhero, I've taken my kids to games for years. There's been plenty of times when I've been frustrated and lost my rag, however, I've always been conscious that my kids are there and that they look up to me to set an example. Fella, I would never suggest to someone to stop attending our games but what I would advise you is to get the heck away from the front row; even the whole lower tier. Being there does you no favours whatsoever and I'd bet that your kids would be relieved to not have their old man going f***ing mental in front of the whole world too.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8717
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Meden event security

Postby m1cksut » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:49 am

Frontrowhero wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I am genuinely sorry that the club is losing a long term supporter who brings his family to games. But I can't understand why you would question directly a manager's decision during the game, however much you disagreed with it.


You pay a season ticket fee I'm guessing andy? If you do, you like myself are entitled to your our opinion. The force shown against me and my kids was nothing short of disgraceful. Good luck in the future 5 down


so, are ONLY season ticket holders entitled to an opinion?
probably arrogant attitudes like that that got you thrown out, mate.
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
User avatar
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:10 am

No smoke without fire, that's the saying isn't it?

I've been to hundreds of games too and the only time I see stewards or Police called into action is when there are idiots to deal with, particularly those who can't deal with authority or handle their beer.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Meden event security

Postby west country stag » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:10 am

Stewards need retraining on the difference between compassion & bad behaviour .
As fans of the club , if the needs be , should be able to voice our opinions without clearly turning it into abuse .

Our stewards need to show more compassion towards our fans .. a talk down is far better than ejecting from the ground .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
User avatar
west country stag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Meden event security

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 am

Doesn’t appear to be a one-off from this gentleman, does it?
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5441
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Meden event security

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:28 am

The thing about security at sports grounds is the stewards are damned if they do and damned if they don't take the appropriate action.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:42 am

west country stag wrote:Stewards need retraining on the difference between compassion & bad behaviour .
As fans of the club , if the needs be , should be able to voice our opinions without clearly turning it into abuse .

Our stewards need to show more compassion towards our fans .. a talk down is far better than ejecting from the ground .


Talking down only works if the person you are talking to is listening.

The problem stewards face IMO is a lot of people will be quite happy to give them grief when they wouldn't dare display the same behaviour towards a police officer.

Gobbing off at a steward will give certain individuals a sense of 'sticking it to the man' safe in the knowledge that a steward is very limited in their powers and are generally less physically intimidating than your average copper.

This makes it much harder for a steward to apply a de-escalating conflict resolution model.

I've sometimes found our stewards a bit lacking when exercising a bit of common sense, but they are vastly improved on a few years back and are mostly polite & friendly.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6059
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Meden event security

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:11 am

User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: Meden event security

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:40 am

Front Row. Gutted you were ejected. We'd just chatted in the bar and I walked with you to your seat and then ten minutes later - you're gone. You seemed in good spirits and not looking for trouble. The Mill won't be the same without you.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Meden event security

Postby convertmel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:50 am

I would have thought if the gentleman drew attention to himself then probably the security camera's no doubt picked up on his behaviour .
If so he's got nothing to worry about if he wasn't making threatening gestures and causing a ruckus has he?
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 am

zygon2003 wrote:Front Row. Gutted you were ejected. We'd just chatted in the bar and I walked with you to your seat and then ten minutes later - you're gone. You seemed in good spirits and not looking for trouble. The Mill won't be the same without you.


Sounds like it’ll be a better place without Mr Role Model of the Year.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11042
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Can I have your adult ticket for Cleethorpes please in exchange for anger management lesson? :)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Meden event security

Postby PRL13 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:44 pm

We were talking to him at half time. I don`t know exactly what happened, but apparently the orders came from upstairs. There was plenty of dissention at the time. I thought a lot of people were supporting him! If the cameras were used, then they should have seen me shouting"fascists" at the stewards. Disgraceful to eject a season ticket holder like that, especially in front of his kids! Itb has happened before. No common sense. I feel for the stewards as they have just become yes men, with no mind of their own!
PRL13
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abc, adamstag, BH_Stag, bigalstag, Bros, Conker, e4d0, Kenwood, Minky123, ParisStag, patstag, skegbystag, Sneag, spanishstag, stagsfan6493, StagsFan83, West Ham 1969, whipster221073, yellas-derek-yellas and 97 guests