{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Meden event security

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Meden event security

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Been following the stags for 35 years, trying to figure out how many games I have been too, probably near the 1000 mark but today was the first time I have been thrown out the ground!

2nd half early doors just about sums up how embarrassing we are as a club. It's fine for Steve and Paul to have a go at fans to question a sub, but for us fans it's not. For instance myself, how I got ejected for questioning a sub is beyond me, so did 500 others did they get ejected?! No. Tonight was the final straw for me raspberry team performance again and idiots running the security team.I have Grimsby tickets and paid for Cardiff tickets. If someone wants to private message me for both prepared to give a good offer. Seeing how they spoke to me and the kids today is the last game for us all
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Meden event security

Postby Beano » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:50 pm

What did you say to get thrown out?
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:52 pm

I bet he didn't do nuffink.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:53 pm

When questioning the substitution did you use the phrase, ‘Excuse me, but if its not too inconvenient could you explain your reasoning?’

If you did and were thrown out I would write to Ben Bradley if I were you!!!
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 pm

It's how you question a decision, not questioning a decision that gets you ejected from the ground.
Last edited by oldweststander on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 pm

I am genuinely sorry that the club is losing a long term supporter who brings his family to games. But I can't understand why you would question directly a manager's decision during the game, however much you disagreed with it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Beano wrote:What did you say to get thrown out?

Raynor didn't like I said henmings should have not come off, but is that a reason to be ejected?

Turning into a joke
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I am genuinely sorry that the club is losing a long term supporter who brings his family to games. But I can't understand why you would question directly a manager's decision during the game, however much you disagreed with it.

You pay a season ticket fee I'm guessing andy? If you do, you like myself are entitled to your our opinion. The force shown against me and my kids was nothing short of disgraceful. Good luck in the future 5 down
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:16 pm

We all knew raynor and evans are a bit shall we say obnoxious , but they are clearly thin skinned when criticism is aimed in there direction , if we all believed mr evans we should have beaten most off the teams who have beaten us ,but this is what we all signed up for and if we go up this year im sure we would all accept it
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I am genuinely sorry that the club is losing a long term supporter who brings his family to games. But I can't understand why you would question directly a manager's decision during the game, however much you disagreed with it.

You pay a season ticket fee I'm guessing andy? If you do, you like myself are entitled to your our opinion. The force shown against me and my kids was nothing short of disgraceful. Good luck in the future 5 down

You know what happened, I don't,but maybe on reflection you wished you had not commented on something that you had no control over.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

It amazes me how Evans and Raynor can dish it out but can’t take it back.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm

It was hilarious how it took 5 of the storm troopers to eject him.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Surely he was abusive in some way to get thrown out!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:It was hilarious how it took 5 of the storm troopers to eject him.

Forest Town - I trust you have filmed this?
I am Spartacus
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:30 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Surely he was abusive in some way to get thrown out!!!

Mate abusive! Wish you would have been frontrow. Ejected lol the club has a lot to learn on field and off. I'm fumin
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NevPlatini » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Today was a disgrace... he didnt swear...he never does, he voiced his opinion and then dragged out/man handled out of the ground with his son crying and following..... i hope he does come back and tbat he isn't put off by the bully boys who told me I didn't know anything about it and it had been building up!!!
NevPlatini
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tiptop » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:It was hilarious how it took 5 of the storm troopers to eject him.

It was disgusting how a so called professional company,didnt have a clue on how to handle an eviction of a supporter...
They man handled a man whose child was clearly distressed in such an embarrassing manner, you do not grab someone by the neck or pull there clothing while making threats...

If i was frontrowhero id be asking what training do our stewards have ?? There was no proper restraining or self defence going off here,was just brute force by thugs...

As an owner of a martial arts/self defence school the above tactics of this so called company was non-existent and should be reported....
Also these stewards also threatened and physically abused other fans wanting to go by the incedent...
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagone1959 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 pm

[]
You know what happened, I don't,but maybe on reflection you wished you had not commented on something that you had no control over.[/quote]

If nobody ever commented on things beyond their control we may as well give up with living.

Evans and Raynor show typical bully personality traits, in that they can dish it out but don't like it back.
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:45 pm

tiptop wrote:

It was disgusting how a so called professional company,didnt have a clue on how to handle an eviction of a supporter...
They man handled a man whose child was clearly distressed in such an embarrassing manner, you do not grab someone by the neck or pull there clothing while making threats...

If i was frontrowhero id be asking what training do our stewards have ?? There was no proper restraining or self defence going off here,was just brute force by thugs...

As an owner of a martial arts/self defence school the above tactics of this so called company was non-existent and should be reported....
Also these stewards also threatened and physically abused other fans wanting to go by the incedent...

Thanks tip top. Any support from fans appreciated it's helping the boys maybe come back
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:55 pm

tiptop wrote:

Spot on, we said exactly the same
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tiptop » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Well frontrowhero,if you want to complain to the club, i would gladly go along and meet up with you and the club officals and also the company above, to explain there actions today...
The 5 so called professional security officers also too attend and show what qualifications they actually have ??? Because they should have a licence and also a training records,there seemed to be no evidence on shiw today.....
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Funny how the 'hero' fails to mention that he spent almost 5 minutes arguing with other fans after shouting his comments to Evans and Raynor, that he went back to said fans several times to dish out more abuse, and even when back at his seat and being politely asked by the stewards to sit down and calm down he kept standing and gesturing to the other fans in a way that suggested he wanted them to 'come and fight'.
I sat watching it all and knew that the stewards were going to get the blame on here. The only person responsible for this whole incident is the person who started the thread, and he is the one who should be apologising to his own child for upsetting and embarrassing him. The child was attempted to get his father to sit down but was being ignored.
Once the stewards realised that he wasn't going to calm down they asked him to leave. At this time there were only 2 stewards there. The numbers only increased when he refused to leave, but lets not let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to blame the stewards for a supposed adult acting like a child.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... of-conduct
Dave Wayne
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Funny how the 'hero' fails to mention that he spent almost 5 minutes arguing with other fans after shouting his comments to Evans and Raynor, that he went back to said fans several times to dish out more abuse, and even when back at his seat and being politely asked by the stewards to sit down and calm down he kept standing and gesturing to the other fans in a way that suggested he wanted them to 'come and fight'.
I sat watching it all and knew that the stewards were going to get the blame on here. The only person responsible for this whole incident is the person who started the thread, and he is the one who should be apologising to his own child for upsetting and embarrassing him. The child was attempted to get his father to sit down but was being ignored.
Once the stewards realised that he wasn't going to calm down they asked him to leave. At this time there were only 2 stewards there. The numbers only increased when he refused to leave, but lets not let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to blame the stewards for a supposed adult acting like a child.

Guilty!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Funny how the 'hero' fails to mention that he spent almost 5 minutes arguing with other fans after shouting his comments to Evans and Raynor, that he went back to said fans several times to dish out more abuse, and even when back at his seat and being politely asked by the stewards to sit down and calm down he kept standing and gesturing to the other fans in a way that suggested he wanted them to 'come and fight'.

Merry Xmas to you to dave, biggest load of raspberry I have read today, drinks on you New Year's Day. We all need a laugh
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby M E » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:22 pm

It’s also funny how he also fails to mention that the stewards have to ‘have a word’ with him almost every game!
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum