{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Tickets have been selling well so far as have half season tickets.

FA Cup 3rd - Can't choose who we draw, but you can choose to support the team wherever that may be.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 pm

adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:27 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16930
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5976
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:46 pm

adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)
Unfortunately there won't be many attending this Saturday. Less than last week given the result.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)
Unfortunately there won't be many attending this Saturday. Less than last week given the result.


indeed.

Wonder why they decided not to proceed with the ticket offer they were talking about
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5976
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:44 pm

adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)


You want to be thankful you haven't got to go TO Morecambe on Boxing Day & not even see your own club play!
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Dan wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)


You want to be thankful you haven't got to go TO Morecambe on Boxing Day & not even see your own club play!


you should get a proper job then ;) ;)
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5240
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 pm

part time pete wrote:
Dan wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)


You want to be thankful you haven't got to go TO Morecambe on Boxing Day & not even see your own club play!


you should get a proper job then ;) ;)


:lol: :lol: I'm not cleverer enough for that ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:44 pm

adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)

Very true!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:46 am

adamstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Well, as I said when the draw was made, Cardiff away is as appealing as an ingrowing toenail.

However, if we can't take at least 1,000 down there it would be shocking.

You say it’s as appealing as an in growing toe nail, then say it would be shocking not to sell 1000 tickets, so it wouldn’t be shocking really!!!


Well, Morecambe is hardly exciting on Saturday, but we all still go and support our club :)
Unfortunately there won't be many attending this Saturday. Less than last week given the result.


indeed.

Wonder why they decided not to proceed with the ticket offer they were talking about

Yes I wondered that too. Maybe he's going to do something in January.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Bristolstag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am

Are general sale tickets available online today?
Bristolstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:18 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby london amber stag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Apparently but I could not see them.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:22 pm

;) Cardiff on Sky Sorts 403 7.45 pm kick off if you want to see what we are up against :)
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5012
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:43 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:;) Cardiff on Sky Sorts 403 7.45 pm kick off if you want to see what we are up against :)

Can’t see Cardiff fielding a full strength side against us, Warnock won’t want to risk injury to key players .
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 pm

I think we will take a lot more to Cardiff than PNE have this evening. Hopefully enough to fill the end and not just the corner.

I know it is a Friday evening game, just after Christmas etc., for PNE before the usual suspects start being pedantic.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Bore of a game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17998
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Bath V Wasps is a corker.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12281
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Stoney » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Preston win 1-0. Cardiff fans booing their team off the pitch.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:43 pm

:) Cardiff have lost 3 in a row ,attendance 17,751
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5012
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Wasps nick a very good game for the neutral.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12281
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Dan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:19 am

bellwhiff wrote:Wasps nick a very good game for the neutral.


Nobody cares
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:54 am

Dan wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Wasps nick a very good game for the neutral.


Nobody cares


The point sailed over your micro brain once again.

Whoosh.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12281
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 am

If you haven't done so already get your ticket and support the lads this Saturday!

They need and deserve to be backed by a large contingent of stags fans.

:coys:
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:24 am

:)
i have been watching Cardiff when they been on tv this season and even though they on a 4 game losing run they are a very good side.

it will be interesting to see his line up now , he may be forced to play a better side to ease the pressure of him because they need a win.

:) Cardiff 1 Super Stags 1 Hemmings and a replay at ours :)
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5012
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: I am Spartacus, Sneag and 21 guests