{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue May 29, 2018 9:59 pm

top work Steve. Thank you to you and Mark.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 29, 2018 10:07 pm

steve-hymas wrote:I’ve been to most league 2 clubs training grounds and nothing really compares.some have use of a 3G like Barnet.now non-league But don’t have tha pavillion ,dressing rooms and education hub to go with it .In fact most are very poor facilities .Ive heard Fleetwood have a nice new facility and lincoln are due to build one but have not seen the plans .
Really looking forward to it opening so I can relax as it’s been all work and no family holiday other than odd weekends .It will really be something to be proud of for the town .
Mark Burton our relatively new director has been a massive help with the project .
We have both been up there today looking at sinking a borehole for irrigation of the grass pitches.We can then vertidrain ,top dress and re-seed the two pitches already formed to make a top clas surface. A third will be formed in the bottom corner once all the spoil is levelled .
The road widening of the lane has started in preparation for the opening in September.I would expect that it will blossom in the following year once all the landscaping is complete .
:mtfc:

Genuinely magnificent stuff Steve, and a massive thank you from me for doing this for our club. For me this is bigger than any signings made over the summer, whoever comes in.

This enhances our club, moves it a stride forward and hopefully aids progression in so many ways. I hope Mansfield Town fans, and the wider public, show their appreciation.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
steve-hymas wrote:I’ve been to most league 2 clubs training grounds and nothing really compares.some have use of a 3G like Barnet.now non-league But don’t have tha pavillion ,dressing rooms and education hub to go with it .In fact most are very poor facilities .Ive heard Fleetwood have a nice new facility and lincoln are due to build one but have not seen the plans .
Really looking forward to it opening so I can relax as it’s been all work and no family holiday other than odd weekends .It will really be something to be proud of for the town .
Mark Burton our relatively new director has been a massive help with the project .
We have both been up there today looking at sinking a borehole for irrigation of the grass pitches.We can then vertidrain ,top dress and re-seed the two pitches already formed to make a top clas surface. A third will be formed in the bottom corner once all the spoil is levelled .
The road widening of the lane has started in preparation for the opening in September.I would expect that it will blossom in the following year once all the landscaping is complete .

Genuinely magnificent stuff Steve, and a massive thank you from me for doing this for our club. For me this is bigger than any signings made over the summer, whoever comes in.

This enhances our club, moves it a stride forward and hopefully aids progression in so many ways. I hope Mansfield Town fans, and the wider public, show their appreciation.

It could also be the difference to getting someone to sign for us rather than Lincoln or Notts.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 am

:) Well done Steve , great facility for the future and this keep the club moving forwards. :clap:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 am

abc wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:This facility will elevate our club above the vast majority of League Two clubs and beyond many League One too.

Probably our first and currently only truly Championship quality asset once it's finished. Setting the benchmark that the team and Field Mill will need to follow.

Nicely inserted a reference to bishop st. Still the one last amateurish asset of the club.

....not forgetting the current management team.

Little wonder you are abc rather than A to Z, because you don't seem to see the bigger picture.

As somebody rightly said this is far bigger than signings.

A big well done to Steve and the others involved.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 am

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:This facility will elevate our club above the vast majority of League Two clubs and beyond many League One too.

Probably our first and currently only truly Championship quality asset once it's finished. Setting the benchmark that the team and Field Mill will need to follow.

Nicely inserted a reference to bishop st. Still the one last amateurish asset of the club.

....not forgetting the current management team.

Little wonder you are abc rather than A to Z, because you don't seem to see the bigger picture.

As somebody rightly said this is far bigger than signings.

A big well done to Steve and the others involved.

Andy - we all have to sympathise with abc - he clearly has issues.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed May 30, 2018 9:16 am

The club and fans should be rightly proud of your hard work Steve. This is the sort of investment we should be reaping the rewards for years to come
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed May 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Absolutely fantastic. Will you be having tenant clubs using the facilities as well as MTFC - thinking of local youth teams, maybe even Sun morning teams etc, etc?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:50 am

Ben Bradley on Mansfield town centre

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/the-council ... -1-9204013
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Ben Bradley on Mansfield town centre

Now you've started something :lol: :lol:

But why spend it on our town when millions can be spent in Maidenhead :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Ben Bradley on Mansfield town centre

Now you've started something :lol: :lol:

But why spend it on our town when millions can be spent in Maidenhead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry do not get the relevance to MTFC
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Dan wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

It could also be the difference to getting someone to sign for us rather than Lincoln or Notts.

McNulty signed for Coventry after supposedly being shown photos comparing the Ricoh Arena and the wonk.If players can be influenced in that way, and they spend a lot more time at the training ground than the Wonk, it should certainly persuade players in two minds about who to sign for .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Wonder if this was the training ground

Theft of a motor vehicle:
On Monday afternoon a road roller was stolen from a building site on Woburn Lane. CCTV shows three offenders loading the roller onto their vehicle after damaging a gate and fencing to enter the site.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:43 pm

Yes it was from our site .The type of people that would rob their own grandmas purse .thieving barstools need to be sent to hard labour camps or put on national service .Or maybe fingers removed.That would stop em . :oops: :evil:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Scumbags

Radford's made his millions off of the 'in case raspberries happens' racket tho. So swings & roundabouts.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:27 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Yes it was from our site .The type of people that would rob their own grandmas purse .thieving barstools need to be sent to hard labour camps or put on national service .Or maybe fingers removed.That would stop em . :oops: :evil:

You don’t see them as “Poor wee lambs” then, Steve?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:47 pm

In this great nation of ours one of the reasons we have ‘problems’ in our society is that too many theiving scroats and low life’s are seen as ‘poor wee lambs’.

Never voted Tory in my life (mainly due to Ceasar being in power) but if Ben Bradley brought back hanging he would get my ‘x’ at the side of his name in my polling booth.

In my day, during the heady days of the Holy Roman Empire, crucifixion prevented a great deal more crime than any ‘community order’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:05 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:In this great nation of ours one of the reasons we have ‘problems’ in our society is that too many theiving scroats and low life’s are seen as ‘poor wee lambs’.

Never voted Tory in my life (mainly due to Ceasar being in power) but if Ben Bradley brought back hanging he would get my ‘x’ at the side of his name in my polling booth.

In my day, during the heady days of the Holy Roman Empire, crucifixion prevented a great deal more crime than any ‘community order’.

BB would hang his nearest & dearest if it got him on the telly, or at least he'd say he would.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:In this great nation of ours one of the reasons we have ‘problems’ in our society is that too many theiving scroats and low life’s are seen as ‘poor wee lambs’.

I tend to agree.

Hardwork, ambition and respect, have no meaning for too many these days.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:59 pm

daddycool wrote:Wonder if this was the training ground

Theft of a motor vehicle:
On Monday afternoon a road roller was stolen from a building site on Woburn Lane. CCTV shows three offenders loading the roller onto their vehicle after damaging a gate and fencing to enter the site.

Makes me wonder why nobody was grafting away on the site. Don't they work Mondays?
Pretty brazen of em to rock up in broad daylight and nick it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Ben bloody Bradley. Pfft.

Tea leaves nicking plant is as common as kids with their hand in the pick'n'mix. A scumbag doesn't discriminate when it comes to thievery.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby NevPlatini » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:06 am

Great news for JR, Mansfield District Council have given the green light for the hotel
NevPlatini
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

One cross each, line on the left! ;)

You know society has crashed headlong when you need a car dash-cam to prevent being done for people running onto your bonnet and claiming. The fact reality TV seems like a credible career to some underlines where our future prospects lie
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Looks like hotel might have been given go ahead.

No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum