{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Postby steve-hymas » Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 am

I hope people understand Woburn lane is a 50/50 project between myself and JR via our building company Mansfield Town Developments in which we are partners.We are generating money through this business for Woburn etc .Mark Burton is also putting a lot of time and money through his business on the project .So a team effort .Up the stags !
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby jeff » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am

Steve if the project isn't tied up we are keen to help if we can.
PM me.
jeff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby old ram stag » Wed May 02, 2018 11:44 am

well done to all involved a massive move forward for the club.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed May 02, 2018 12:44 pm

MOTG wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
MOTG wrote:Who's financing it Mansfield Homes Ltd ? In other words MDC as they already own a couple of Travel Lodges( The Gala Bingo Site)

You might want to research things a bit better before you use them to have a dig at MDC, otherwise you could end up looking like a fool. ;)

To the best of my knowledge MDC currently or did own Edinburgh Learmouth Travel Lodge and Doncaster Lakeside Travel Lodge and Mansfield Homes are a company set up by MDC currently developing a site on Windmill Lane in the town to build houses.
If Mansfield Homes can build houses couldn't they finance and build a Travel Lodge at the Gala Bingo Site Dave?

At the end of the day I hope MTFC get thier Hotel project up and running first or am I being a fool to suggest this too

Yes they do still own the 2 Travelodges but these were existing buildings that were bought as investment properties with a good rental yield.
Buying these is a very different matter to being involved in a 'new build'.
Even if MDC were to be involved it would not be through Mansfield Homes (the clue is in the name).
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Spiritater wrote:Went for a gander at Woburn Rd on my way to t'Prolapse tonight and the new 3G looks absolutely smashing, all been enclosed with fencing and looks a proper pukka instalment. Net n stuff in place. JR's also having an all seater stand put on site which is nice for folk wanting to watch the YT and U21s/ressies in comfort. It'll be a credit and massive asset to t'club.
Maybe we should name it the Radord Centre in his honour.

Sorry Steve, should've said the Radford and Hymas Centre.
Or probably just best to call it Woburn.

Looks terrific though, and fair play to all the time, money n effort you've put in to t'club over the last 8-9 years or so.

The YT side of things will begin to bear fruit soon as it seems to get stronger year on year.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed May 02, 2018 1:04 pm

MDC do not build hotels but have purchased successful working hotel buildings.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed May 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Money no object, unless it's to be spent locally.
They let there own town centre die while regenerating countless others.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu May 03, 2018 6:37 am

bigalstag wrote:Money no object, unless it's to be spent locally.

How is buying an existing property regeneration ?
Money is exactly the object. Due to the extensive funding cuts imposed by the government over the last 8 years, other sources of income have had to be found in order to protect existing services.
Without these property investments there would have to be cuts in services or increases in council tax - what would be your choice ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu May 03, 2018 8:31 am

Well said Dave, some don't like the truth, too prepared to accept the negative stories.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am

steve-hymas wrote:I hope people understand Woburn lane is a 50/50 project between myself and JR via our building company Mansfield Town Developments in which we are partners.We are generating money through this business for Woburn etc .Mark Burton is also putting a lot of time and money through his business on the project .So a team effort .Up the stags !

well done and thanks to Steve and everyone. The hard work is appreciated!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu May 03, 2018 11:09 am

Dave Wayne wrote:

Money is exactly the object. Due to the extensive funding cuts imposed by the government over the last 8 years, other sources of income have had to be found in order to protect existing services.
Without these property investments there would have to be cuts in services or increases in council tax - what would be your choice ?

While that may be true, it doesn't really account for the decades before those 8 years?

With living away from Mansfield i'm probably wrong, but whenever i drive around there it seems quite underdeveloped / neglected, and has been for many years
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 03, 2018 11:58 am

that’s the spirit
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu May 03, 2018 12:25 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:that’s the spirit

I stole your enthusiasm while you were looking the other way, Yorkie ;)

Oh, i almost forgot to add a tick tock! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 pm

well done steve
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Spiritater wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Went for a gander at Woburn Rd on my way to t'Prolapse tonight and the new 3G looks absolutely smashing, all been enclosed with fencing and looks a proper pukka instalment. Net n stuff in place. JR's also having an all seater stand put on site which is nice for folk wanting to watch the YT and U21s/ressies in comfort. It'll be a credit and massive asset to t'club.
Maybe we should name it the Radord Centre in his honour.

Did you go to the game Spiro? The attendance said around 4500 did it seem that many? Any protests against agent Carson ?

Yes bud was there to see the curtain come down on The Football League years at the dip :D

To be fair the crowd looked about right...ish but then one can't really judge as it's not my own ground and you can generally get the feeling of crowd numbers in your own.
Was with the 78 Port fans sat in the bit we had extra in our visit, the NS was unused which is a sign of things to come in the Vanaramarama next year.

'Carson Out!!', chants broke out from time to time during the game which Newport played in Raybans, Bermuda shorts and with their IPhone headphones on.
They had a 1 min break to top up their spray tans also ready for their jollies too.

I left with a minute to go, but at full time I could hear the chants of 'CARSON (God bless him :D ) OUT' rise again.

Cheers Spiro for your report very professional Martin should be worried
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Amazing what you can do on t'Wii bud. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu May 03, 2018 9:45 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

While that may be true, it doesn't really account for the decades before those 8 years?

With living away from Mansfield i'm probably wrong, but whenever i drive around there it seems quite underdeveloped / neglected, and has been for many years

I wasn't trying to be political or comment on the performance of the council, just simply pointing out the misconceptions that people were posting just to have a dig at MDC. The 'out of the district' property investments have all taken place since the austerity cuts have been imposed on local authorities over the last 8 years. What happened before then is irrelevant to this thread.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
MOTG wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
MOTG wrote:Who's financing it Mansfield Homes Ltd ? In other words MDC as they already own a couple of Travel Lodges( The Gala Bingo Site)

You might want to research things a bit better before you use them to have a dig at MDC, otherwise you could end up looking like a fool. ;)

To the best of my knowledge MDC currently or did own Edinburgh Learmouth Travel Lodge and Doncaster Lakeside Travel Lodge and Mansfield Homes are a company set up by MDC currently developing a site on Windmill Lane in the town to build houses.
If Mansfield Homes can build houses couldn't they finance and build a Travel Lodge at the Gala Bingo Site Dave?

At the end of the day I hope MTFC get thier Hotel project up and running first or am I being a fool to suggest this too

Yes they do still own the 2 Travelodges but these were existing buildings that were bought as investment properties with a good rental yield.
Even if MDC were to be involved it would not be through Mansfield Homes (the clue is in the name).

Dave my initial comment was made "Tongue in cheek" However if MDC did get involved in a " New Build" Hotel and they needed additional finances couldn't this be via Mansfield Homes ?
And as for the " Clue is in the name" comment then do you think Hymas Homes specifically are Houses with none of Steve's money helping to finance MTFC ?
To me Mansfield Homes is just a trading name . To the best of my knowledge I am not aware that conditions stipulate that money generated from Mansfield Homes cannot be used to help other services within MDC, however I could be wrong, maybe you know Dave ?
It doesn't come across very well Dave when some folk are told " There's Nowt in't pot " by MDC repeatedly for a service and then discover MDC have spent millions on properties.(I do understand why)

Anyway enough of that ! Let's look forward to tomorrow's game and hope our mighty Stags make the play offs !
I have a funny feeling there will be another twist in tomorrow's matches in our favour.
A big "Well done" and thank you to both the Radford's and to Steve Hymas regarding the Woburn Lane facilities
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MOTG » Fri May 04, 2018 9:41 pm

oldweststander wrote:MDC do not build hotels but have purchased successful working hotel buildings.

MDC do not build hotels at present correct, but maybe in the future?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ianb » Fri May 04, 2018 11:09 pm

MOTG wrote:MDC do not build hotels at present correct, but maybe in the future?

Except when someone* and their cronies set up their own company, and MDC "award" them the contract as the preferred bidder....

*elected official, allegedly?
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 am

steve-hymas wrote:I hope people understand Woburn lane is a 50/50 project between myself and JR via our building company Mansfield Town Developments in which we are partners.We are generating money through this business for Woburn etc .Mark Burton is also putting a lot of time and money through his business on the project .So a team effort .Up the stags !

It looks excellent, Steve.

.....and can I complement you on the quality of the car park!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 05, 2018 7:56 am

Yep, I popped in to have a look last Sunday with my daughter (on our way home from her playing rugby for Mansfield away at ch*****field) and it looks like it's going to be magnificent. The 3G pitch looks genuinely top level.

It's going to be a fantastic facility and is as big an indicator yet of Steve's, the Radford's and the director's ongoing dedication to the club. The only real negativity around the club is the grumblings of some supporters.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Yep, I popped in to have a look last Sunday with my daughter (on our way home from her playing rugby for Mansfield away at ch*****field) and it looks like it's going to be magnificent. The 3G pitch looks genuinely top level.

It's going to be a fantastic facility and is as big an indicator yet of Steve's, the Radford's and the director's ongoing dedication to the club. The only real negativity around the club is the grumblings of some supporters.

Are you grumbling about people grumbling? :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 am

MOTG wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
MOTG wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Dave my initial comment was made "Tongue in cheek" However if MDC did get involved in a " New Build" Hotel and they needed additional finances couldn't this be via Mansfield Homes ?
And as for the " Clue is in the name" comment then do you think Hymas Homes specifically are Houses with none of Steve's money helping to finance MTFC ?
To me Mansfield Homes is just a trading name . To the best of my knowledge I am not aware that conditions stipulate that money generated from Mansfield Homes cannot be used to help other services within MDC, however I could be wrong, maybe you know Dave ?
It doesn't come across very well Dave when some folk are told " There's Nowt in't pot " by MDC repeatedly for a service and then discover MDC have spent millions on properties.(I do understand why)

Anyway enough of that ! Let's look forward to tomorrow's game and hope our mighty Stags make the play offs !
I have a funny feeling there will be another twist in tomorrow's matches in our favour.
A big "Well done" and thank you to both the Radford's and to Steve Hymas regarding the Woburn Lane facilities

A quick google search brings up this :
The aim of Mansfield Homes is to meet the local need to build new houses around Mansfield to meet the demands identified in the draft Local Plan.

The sole reason for setting up the company is to meet the housing need and generate income. Yes this money can then be used to fund local services, but hotel building is not a local service.
It is true that there is "nowt in't pot" for services, hence the need to generate income. All councils have investments for this purpose. If you spend all the money on services there is nothing left. If you invest the money then you create more money so there has to be a balancing act between expenditure and investment. With interest rates having been so low for so long, traditional investments with banks no longer provide the returns that they did. Check the MDC accounts and you will see that income from these types of investments has fallen massively in the last 10 years. Therefore, money that would have been invested in this way in the past has now been invested into commercial properties such as the travelodges in order to generate income to fund essential services.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 am

Steve will there be an open day at Woburn?
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum