{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:15 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:OWS,genuine question here. Could you please explain to me "Affordable Housing" and who benefits from it.

When they were building on Sherwood pit site, me and the Mrs went to the lady in the sales office and she got the big plan out so we could buy 'off plan' if we wanted.
I asked her what was being built in the shaded out area, affordable housing she says and of course my ears pricked up and i'll have some of that. That's not for you she says, I didn't ask why not so I'm asking now OWS as to why it doesn't apply to normal working people who need it?

I think I know the answer to that one, the house building companies.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Yes Sneag spot on that's what I mean.

Woody,
Developments in Mansfield, of more than 15 dwellings have to provide 20% affordable homes or equivalent money to the local authority to build affordable homes elsewhere in the locality. Affordable housing is a difficult term to define, the quote below is from the GOV.uk website. Sorry if I cannot be more precise, what is affordable to one person may not be to another, I also understand another definition is housing that a person on the "median" wage can afford be it rented or purchase.

Affordable housing is social rented, affordable rented and intermediate housing, provided to eligible households whose needs are not met by the market. Eligibility is determined with regard to local incomes and local house prices. From April 2012 affordable housing is defined in the National Planning Policy Framework (prior to this the definitions in Planning Policy Statement 3 apply).

Affordable housing should include provisions to remain at an affordable price for future eligible households or for the subsidy to be recycled for alternative affordable housing provision.

Social rented housing is owned by local authorities and private registered providers (as defined in section 80 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008), for which guideline target rents are determined through the national rent regime. It may also be owned by other persons and provided under equivalent rental arrangements to the above, as agreed with the local authority or with the Homes and Communities Agency.

Affordable rented housing is let by local authorities or private registered providers of social housing to households who are eligible for social rented housing. Affordable Rent is subject to rent controls that require a rent of no more than 80 per cent of the local market rent (including service charges, where applicable).
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:45 pm

oldweststander wrote:Yes Sneag spot on that's what I mean.

Woody,
Developments in Mansfield, of more than 15 dwellings have to provide 20% affordable homes or equivalent money to the local authority to build affordable homes elsewhere in the locality. Affordable housing is a difficult term to define, the quote below is from the GOV.uk website. Sorry if I cannot be more precise, what is affordable to one person may not be to another, I also understand another definition is housing that a person on the "median" wage can afford be it rented or purchase.

Affordable housing is social rented, affordable rented and intermediate housing, provided to eligible households whose needs are not met by the market. Eligibility is determined with regard to local incomes and local house prices. From April 2012 affordable housing is defined in the National Planning Policy Framework (prior to this the definitions in Planning Policy Statement 3 apply).

Affordable housing should include provisions to remain at an affordable price for future eligible households or for the subsidy to be recycled for alternative affordable housing provision.

Social rented housing is owned by local authorities and private registered providers (as defined in section 80 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008), for which guideline target rents are determined through the national rent regime. It may also be owned by other persons and provided under equivalent rental arrangements to the above, as agreed with the local authority or with the Homes and Communities Agency.

Affordable rented housing is let by local authorities or private registered providers of social housing to households who are eligible for social rented housing. Affordable Rent is subject to rent controls that require a rent of no more than 80 per cent of the local market rent (including service charges, where applicable).

Thank you OWS
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby M E » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Another hotel application for Mansfield

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/plans-to-kn ... -1-9143030
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Mansfield would be like Vegas but without the flashing lights, dancing girls, slot machines, Elvis impersonators or fun.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm

You'd get a cracking nights kip there 30 feet from the main road.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:08 pm

It will be a race for completion,
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:26 pm

We will have more hotels than a monopoly board
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Sneag wrote:You'd get a cracking nights kip there 30 feet from the main road.

That main road is pretty dead at night, and pretty much anywhere in Mansfield you are likely to hear a shit-box making more noise than a plane but going slower than a caddy.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 pm

And we know which shambles, will come last, in that race! Your lot couldn't regenerate a 3 watt light bulb.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:14 pm

My bet is that only John Radford's hotel will be standing in 5 years time - assuming that the collective numpties pass it's planning application.

Old bus station will still be a car park.
Gala will still be a bingo hall, possibly closed.
Old Meridian site will still be rubble.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue May 01, 2018 4:06 am

M E wrote:Another hotel application for Mansfield

https://www.chad.co.uk/news/plans-to-kn ... -1-9143030

No thank you can you imagine all the mess in Mansfield while they knock down the Gala bingo let's face it there's a dual carriageway one side of the building n one-way system the other. It's not trucks like Bowerings actually drive to the road conditions anyone who lives on Vale Road in woodhouse knows what I mean....

We don't need an hotel there redevelop the old Town Mill if anything
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Yes Sneag spot on that's what I mean.

Woody,

Thank you OWS

There is also Discounted market value, which the developer has to provide in some instances. If that was avaliable it would have been discussed. These units are 80% of market value and only open to pleople who meet certain income criteria.

Essentially the reason why OWS struggled with your question is because its an ambiguous term. Its surrounded by dark arts like viability appraisals and local authorities are allowed too much say. Believe me, professionals struggle with this 'affordable housing' concept.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue May 01, 2018 10:16 am

A hotel in the town center is essential for the town, bad for the one at stags, but essential for the town and its businesses. Every town I can think of has a hotel more or less in the town center / within a short walking distance bar Mansfield.

The old Bus station would be perfect, equally the Gala site would be good.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue May 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Hopefully JR's gets the go-ahead. When do we hear if the One-Call bid for planning permission has been successful?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Probably 2028.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue May 01, 2018 5:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Probably 2028.

25 Sub Committee meetings

67 Site visits

6 years consultation

Called in by Government

3 full Council meetings

5 years clearing tumbleweed from sites

Yes 2028 about right Doomy
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue May 01, 2018 6:44 pm

The One wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Probably 2028.

25 Sub Committee meetings

67 Site visits

6 years consultation

Called in by Government

3 full Council meetings

5 years clearing tumbleweed from sites

Yes 2028 about right Doomy

Yeh but, no but ...

The Mayor, and her trusty lieutenant Mr Rickersey, will have it all under control.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Who's financing it Mansfield Homes Ltd ? In other words MDC as they already own a couple of Travel Lodges( The Gala Bingo Site)
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue May 01, 2018 8:50 pm

MOTG wrote:Who's financing it Mansfield Homes Ltd ? In other words MDC as they already own a couple of Travel Lodges( The Gala Bingo Site)

You might want to research things a bit better before you use them to have a dig at MDC, otherwise you could end up looking like a fool. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Went for a gander at Woburn Rd on my way to t'Prolapse tonight and the new 3G looks absolutely smashing, all been enclosed with fencing and looks a proper pukka instalment. Net n stuff in place. JR's also having an all seater stand put on site which is nice for folk wanting to watch the YT and U21s/ressies in comfort. It'll be a credit and massive asset to t'club.
Maybe we should name it the Radord Centre in his honour.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed May 02, 2018 7:28 am

great idea
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 02, 2018 8:47 am

Spiritater wrote:Went for a gander at Woburn Rd on my way to t'Prolapse tonight and the new 3G looks absolutely smashing, all been enclosed with fencing and looks a proper pukka instalment. Net n stuff in place. JR's also having an all seater stand put on site which is nice for folk wanting to watch the YT and U21s/ressies in comfort. It'll be a credit and massive asset to t'club.

Did you go to the game Spiro? The attendance said around 4500 did it seem that many? Any protests against agent Carson ?
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed May 02, 2018 10:08 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
MOTG wrote:Who's financing it Mansfield Homes Ltd ? In other words MDC as they already own a couple of Travel Lodges( The Gala Bingo Site)

You might want to research things a bit better before you use them to have a dig at MDC, otherwise you could end up looking like a fool. ;)

To the best of my knowledge MDC currently or did own Edinburgh Learmouth Travel Lodge and Doncaster Lakeside Travel Lodge and Mansfield Homes are a company set up by MDC currently developing a site on Windmill Lane in the town to build houses.
If Mansfield Homes can build houses couldn't they finance and build a Travel Lodge at the Gala Bingo Site Dave?

At the end of the day I hope MTFC get thier Hotel project up and running first or am I being a fool to suggest this too
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 02, 2018 10:45 am

SINA STAG wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Went for a gander at Woburn Rd on my way to t'Prolapse tonight and the new 3G looks absolutely smashing, all been enclosed with fencing and looks a proper pukka instalment. Net n stuff in place. JR's also having an all seater stand put on site which is nice for folk wanting to watch the YT and U21s/ressies in comfort. It'll be a credit and massive asset to t'club.

Did you go to the game Spiro? The attendance said around 4500 did it seem that many? Any protests against agent Carson ?

Yes bud was there to see the curtain come down on The Football League years at the dip :D

To be fair the crowd looked about right...ish but then one can't really judge as it's not my own ground and you can generally get the feeling of crowd numbers in your own.
Was with the 78 Port fans sat in the bit we had extra in our visit, the NS was unused which is a sign of things to come in the Vanaramarama next year.

'Carson Out!!', chants broke out from time to time during the game which Newport played in Raybans, Bermuda shorts and with their IPhone headphones on.
They had a 1 min break to top up their spray tans also ready for their jollies too.

I left with a minute to go, but at full time I could hear the chants of 'CARSON (God bless him :D ) OUT' rise again.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum