{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scoreboard

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Scoreboard

Postby midlandstag » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 am

Starting to lose ok good now at Stevenage there was no glitchy panels it haaa more advertising and overall looks better
COYS
midlandstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Scoreboard

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:50 pm

When the Christmas decorations at JR’s house were taken down did he get carried away and switch the scoreboard off also?

The fact we are playing well and Steve is on the receiving end of unnecessary abuse takes the ‘spotlight’ away from our world record breaking collection of non-working light bulbs.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Quite frankly it looks better when it's not working. Leave it off.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Quite frankly it looks better when it's not working. Leave it off.

Agreed!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:13 pm

What a huge mistake buying that scoreboard, if it was appropriately sized Ok but its far too big and looks naff.

Embarrassing is the word I'm searching for.

Put it on ebay as collect only.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:27 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:When the Christmas decorations at JR’s house were taken down did he get carried away and switch the scoreboard off also?

The fact we are playing well and Steve is on the receiving end of unnecessary abuse takes the ‘spotlight’ away from our world record breaking collection of non-working light bulbs.

No he borrowed the bulbs for his xmas lights . It'll be back working for next home game
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Looking forward to that.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:49 pm

I agree! Keep it off.
Does anybody know anything about this scoreboard or what it's capable off? It is just naff or capable of better and we're just forcing a poorly put-together Powerpoint presentation through it.

I do remember laughing when it first worked and displayed the message 'Happy birthday John Radfort"
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:59 pm

I'd like to find any other club in the FL that has 2 scoreboards down the same side of the pitch that doesn't work :lol:

However, the new scoreboard does have a second use - when it's on you don't need to have the floodlight above it on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 pm

adamstag wrote:I'd like to find any other club in the FL that has 2 scoreboards down the same side of the pitch that doesn't work :lol:

However, the new scoreboard does have a second use - when it's on you don't need to have the floodlight above it on

The 2 scoreboards don't work, the Alan Meale toilet block is long out of order, the stand doesn't work, ...surprised the clock is still going :lol:
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:38 pm

I'd be fuming if I was Bapp Industrial. Paying per year to have his advertising over the scoreboard which is a prime spot and it doesn't even work lol.

So it basically not be used if the floodlights are on.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 pm

victor A block wrote:
adamstag wrote:I'd like to find any other club in the FL that has 2 scoreboards down the same side of the pitch that doesn't work :lol:

The 2 scoreboards don't work, the Alan Meale toilet block is long out of order, the stand doesn't work, ...surprised the clock is still going :lol:

No matter what developments happen at t'ground there should always be a place for the famous North Stand clock. It's as important as 'On the Ball' to us it's a proper peice of history... tin hat on.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:06 pm

zygon2003 wrote:I agree! Keep it off.
Does anybody know anything about this scoreboard or what it's capable off? It is just naff or capable of better and we're just forcing a poorly put-together Powerpoint presentation through it.

I do remember laughing when it first worked and displayed the message 'Happy birthday John Radfort"

JR did say that he regretted buying the scoreboard, and that it's only partially installed - he has the rest of the panels at home.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:29 pm

The amount of money wasted on two 2nd hand scoreboards could have been put towards a new scoreboard that fits nicely in the corner of the stands.

I'm not sure if this would work but how about a projection? Must be cheaper than a scoreboard and have low running costs. It may be difficult to see in bright sunlight, but better than a switched off/broken scoreboard.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby stag861 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Of course the question is, do we need a scoreboard? We all have watches and phones and there is the North Stand clock to give you an idea how much time has gone. Half time scores are announced at, well, half time. We could do with he full times at the end, this may happen but I'm away sharpish on the final whistle and not a second before. So unless we have a scoreboard that shows highlights like the temporary one at Exeter and Wycombe i ask again, do we need a scoreboard?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

The only point of a scoreboard nowadays is as a vehicle for adverts.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Leave the scoreboard alone, since it's been broken we haven't lost at home
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ironbru » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 am

Is the scoreboard finally dead?
On Saturday it looked as though the wind had ripped the back of the scoreboard to pieces.
Anybody know owt?
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chris M » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:50 am

Heard that they could not use it as it requires a password to switch it on and no one knew was it was. Not sure why this problem has only just surfaced though.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:09 am

:lol:

I love this football club
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Will Bapp for Bolts renewing their season tickets for next season. Or has ‘Scoreboard Gate’ and the lack of bolts sold due to it not working ended their interest?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:28 pm

The irony of this thing is that, yes, it's the biggest in the division and can be seen from the International Space Station. However, it's clearly the worst - it seems like the majority of grounds at this level have a far better example.

A bit like employing Evans - big, loud, muddled, expensive and not nearly as good as it thinks it is.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:45 pm

And packed up with 12 games to go.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm

I'd like to see some David Attenborough style Stags rutting footage on it at half time next season.

If that isn't possible then a new badge please.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Please bin it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum