{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Did we lose?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Did we lose?

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Did we lose last night? Feels like it with all the negativity around....we've drawn a game without playing well....it will happen again this season more than once!

We made good starts for the last few years and look where we ended up....nowhere!!

We've had an "ok" start....not spectacular but alright...we are on the fringes of things and will only improve...we have lost one game and that was with last kick of the game.

Fans need to get a grip...get behind them and be educated enough to see we are going in the right direction and if we don't play like Barcelona every week then it's really not a disaster!
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Did we lose?

Postby BELSE » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Agree lets get behind the team :coys:
BELSE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

it seems to me like a lot of us thought we were going to walk the league when that definitely isn't the case, we haven't made an amazing start to the season but we haven't done too badly, only lost once to a good team. those who are booing after a draw against a good team need to stop supporting mansfield. we don't need low lifes representing our fanbase
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:04 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:it seems to me like a lot of us thought we were going to walk the league when that definitely isn't the case, we haven't made an amazing start to the season but we haven't done too badly, only lost once to a good team. those who are booing after a draw against a good team need to stop supporting mansfield. we don't need low lifes representing our fanbase

Give your head a shake, most of attendance were ST holders last night. Simple arithmetic.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

so you're okay with the booing when we didn't even lose?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:07 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:so you're okay with the booing when we didn't even lose?

Did I say that ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 pm

The One wrote:

Did I say that ?

no... did i say you said that? I was asking a question , could maybe understand booing if we had lost 5-0
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:11 pm

The booing was uncalled for, but were you happy? I'm as passionate a fan as you get and what I saw last night was half a team that showed no real fight or desire. Fans don't mind drawing or even losing if there is commitment to the cause, what we don't like is a half hearted display like last night. Simple
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:12 pm

I wasn't pleased, but it's one game played it awful conditions. Every game ain't gonna be a ripper is it? If we had played like that every game this season then i would be extremely worried

but ya know, stags fans chucking dummy out after a draw against a good side . shocker
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:19 pm

I sat in a different area of the WSU last night for a change and had Mourinho, Klopp, Conte and Guardiola behind me critiquing the tactics, individual players etc etc all game.

Hilarious to listen, they started off raving about each individual player saying how much they liked them etc (at this point we were playing some lovely stuff)....by early 2nd half Evans's system had been fully analysed and found to be no good in addition to a breakdown of why each player was gash and not up to it! By full time they had redesigned the system for Steve and signalled their disapproval by booing the point we'd earned.

I'm sure their high level of football knowledge and expertise is put to use in their respective day jobs / household tasks - they should perhaps offer up some time to put on a training course for Steve and the players as they seemed to be clear on what needs to be done! :roll:

One line that made me smile was "When I used to play on a sunday, if it was wet, within a few touches id just adjust to the conditions and use it to my advantage".... I've played in Chad sunday league and I agree its no different to playing in League 2 pro football :lol:
S7AGS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I wasn't pleased, but it's one game played it awful conditions. Every game ain't gonna be a ripper is it? If we had played like that every game this season then i would be extremely worried

but ya know, stags fans chucking dummy out after a draw against a good side . shocker

It was awful conditions for Wycombe too, Wasn't expecting a rip roaring game. What I was expecting was a bit of fight, desire. It's not chucking the dummy out pointing out that there was no fight or desire. It was not good enough from players that are quite clearly good enough if they put a shift in, difference to before in the Murray days is deep down we knew they were not good enough. play like last night on a regular basis and we will be looking at the bottom third of the table.
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Wycombe played well last night.We could easily lost so a point is not too bad.I noticed that accy lost at home to Grimsby who we beat comfortably and we lost to accy in the last minute.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:41 pm

S7AGS wrote:I sat in a different area of the WSU last night for a change and had Mourinho, Klopp, Conte and Guardiola behind me critiquing the tactics, individual players etc etc all game.

Hilarious to listen, they started off raving about each individual player saying how much they liked them etc (at this point we were playing some lovely stuff)....by early 2nd half Evans's system had been fully analysed and found to be no good in addition to a breakdown of why each player was gash and not up to it! By full time they had redesigned the system for Steve and signalled their disapproval by booing the point we'd earned.

I'm sure their high level of football knowledge and expertise is put to use in their respective day jobs / household tasks - they should perhaps offer up some time to put on a training course for Steve and the players as they seemed to be clear on what needs to be done! :roll:

One line that made me smile was "When I used to play on a sunday, if it was wet, within a few touches id just adjust to the conditions and use it to my advantage".... I've played in Chad sunday league and I agree its no different to playing in League 2 pro football :lol:

Did Klopp confess to copying Mr Evans pressing style of play? :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:

Did I say that ?

no... did i say you said that? I was asking a question , could maybe understand booing if we had lost 5-0

i was referring to you saying those ST Holders not needed as fans. owing to health and other reasons only second game I have been able to get to, the other was Luton. I am a ST holder did not boo but the game was rubbish not worth a 200 mile round trip , I travelled from close to Wycombe. My youngest son said "We are not as good as we think we are" and I agree on that showing
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:08 pm

I've not even mentioned anything about season ticket holders, I said folk who boo should not turn up as it's embarrassing to see and i bet the players/staff aren't exactly pleased with getting flak, especially after drawing a game
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I've not even mentioned anything about season ticket holders, I said folk who boo should not turn up as it's embarrassing to see and i bet the players/staff aren't exactly pleased with getting flak, especially after drawing a game

Attendance 2938 150 odd from Wycombe. 2700 ST holders ? So some who booed are ST holders. Back on track if people pay their cash they entitled to boo, I don't but its their choice.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 pm

wycombe seemed to cope with the conditions and bossed the game.pity some of our overpaid pklayers werent up for it too!
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 pm

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I've not even mentioned anything about season ticket holders, I said folk who boo should not turn up as it's embarrassing to see and i bet the players/staff aren't exactly pleased with getting flak, especially after drawing a game

Attendance 2938 150 odd from Wycombe. 2700 ST holders ? So some who booed are ST holders. Back on track if people pay their cash they entitled to boo, I don't but its their choice.

I don't have an issue with fans booing in frustration at the end of the game. I do have an issue with fans abusing our own players and booing during a game, neither of which I heard last night. The two are very different. I didn't feel strongly enough to boo them last night, but I would sympathise rather than criticise those who did. It wasn't very good, as I think has been mentioned :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:59 pm

crazystagdad wrote:wycombe seemed to cope with the conditions and bossed the game.pity some of our overpaid pklayers werent up for it too!

Overpaid?

Qualify
Edders - 9-2 not a serious forecast
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 pm

overpaid for what they do compared to the normal person
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 pm

crazystagdad wrote:overpaid for what they do compared to the normal person

And is this a MTFC phenomenon?
Edders - 9-2 not a serious forecast
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:06 pm

At times last night it looked more like a formation that Murray would have set up, eight in defense and two up front. Trouble was, that the middle four were almost no help, playing a few yards in front of the defense, and there out ball to the front two, was just an aimless kick forwards in there general direction.
What was most disappointing, was nothing changed for the last 75 minutes of the game, despite changes in personnel. The effort of some of the players was half-hearted to say the least and it cannot always be left to manager to inspire change. Players have to take responsibility as well. Too many of them gave up too easily last night.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm

I think the really disappointing thing is that we are starting to realise that we are not as good as we were cracked up to be: The favourites to win the league? - Clearly not at the moment.
Wycombe were a significantly superior team on the night - and they are one of many clubs, like ourselves, not at the top of the table but with serious promotion aspirations.
Inevitably, all that over-the-top hype over the summer has invited the scope for huge disappointment. And we are now going through a sense of disillusion.
Personally, my pre-season prediction was that we would finish 8th in the league ..... so I am not surprised at where we currently are, although I am still very disappointed because I hoped that I would be proved wrong - (and hopefully i still will be!)
However, we need to remain level headed and be very patient. We are not a million miles away. Confidence is key.
This is where we need to get behind the team. It is a long season. It is a very tight league. Anything can happen.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 pm

The One wrote:

Attendance 2938 150 odd from Wycombe. [b]2700 ST holders [/b]? So some who booed are ST holders. Back on track if people pay their cash they entitled to boo, I don't but its their choice.

There is no logic in that statement. ST holders are not obliged to attend all games and often can't due to work, family or distance considerations, etc. There may well have been some ST holders who booed and ,if they did, then they are entitled to as you say. This does not make those who booed a lower class of supporter any more than someone who only attends only for bigger games or whenever they can afford it (financially or time permitting)
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby diablo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm

bigalstag wrote:At times last night it looked more like a formation that Murray would have set up, eight in defense and two up front. Trouble was, that the middle four were almost no help, playing a few yards in front of the defense, and there out ball to the front two, was just an aimless kick forwards in there general direction.
What was most disappointing, was nothing changed for the last 75 minutes of the game, despite changes in personnel. The effort of some of the players was half-hearted to say the least and it cannot always be left to manager to inspire change. Players have to take responsibility as well. Too many of them gave up too easily last night.

spot on
diablo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum