{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Happy Birthday sunday Billy Dearden

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Happy Birthday sunday Billy Dearden

Postby Jamie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Jamie wrote:Have some of you really not got anything better to do than get angry at comments made a year ago.

Happy Birthday Billy.

....as opposed to branding someone a Judas and still holding a grudge about something that happened 15 years ago! :P

You'll have to clarify this for me Jamie i'm afraid - BD is a 'Judas' because he left the club in the lurch. By your own logic, doesn't your love-in with KH technically make you a Judas to both the club and fans? ;)

What love in are you referring to? I never liked or backed the man. As many of you know i tried to get fans together to help remove him... All i ever did was put a more reasonable spin on what was going on. Partly due to trolling on here and also because i was young a naive still.

I always argued it was his business and up to him how he ran it. Always with the backdrop of wanting the fans to take control. I didn't boycott, but neither did the majority of others. I did protest both on the big march and before games on the banking...

He did take excessive amounts out of the club and his biggest downfall was not leaving enough in the kitty to help us build a L1 capable side.

As for Billy, my view remains the same as 12 months ago and probably always will.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Happy birthday Billy, a true gent.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I know a friend of Bill's. He told me Bill really enjoyed his time at Mansfield and still has affinity for The Stags. He said working under Mr Haslam during his last spell was almost impossible.

He had both hands tied behind his back and a bag over his head.

Jamie has always been wrong about Billy, just like he's always been wrong in sticking up for that lying, thieving, drunk driving raspberry.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Jamie wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Jamie wrote:Have some of you really not got anything better to do than get angry at comments made a year ago.

Happy Birthday Billy.

....as opposed to branding someone a Judas and still holding a grudge about something that happened 15 years ago! :P

You'll have to clarify this for me Jamie i'm afraid - BD is a 'Judas' because he left the club in the lurch. By your own logic, doesn't your love-in with KH technically make you a Judas to both the club and fans? ;)

What love in are you referring to? I never liked or backed the man. As many of you know i tried to get fans together to help remove him... All i ever did was put a more reasonable spin on what was going on. Partly due to trolling on here and also because i was young a naive still.

I always argued it was his business and up to him how he ran it. Always with the backdrop of wanting the fans to take control. I didn't boycott, but neither did the majority of others. I did protest both on the big march and before games on the banking...

He did take excessive amounts out of the club and his biggest downfall was not leaving enough in the kitty to help us build a L1 capable side.

As for Billy, my view remains the same as 12 months ago and probably always will.

So it was fine to let Haslam do whatever's best for himself, but the moment Billy did the same he's a Judas? Does that not sound hypocritical to you bud? :shock:

If you were managing a business and the owner kept dipping his hands in the till, up to the point where you didn't have the funds to hire new staff and he didn't care about the company or you, would you hang around?

You gloss over little details like the Bishop St fire scare, not paying players, emptying the accounts, wanting to sell the land for development and close the club - no wonder fans wanted to take control. That's not a responsible owner running things his way, that's an asset stripper ripping out all value before mothballing.

Glossing over those bits is like saying the Titanic was just a minor splash at Skeggy boating lake! :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I know a friend of Bill's. He told me Bill really enjoyed his time at Mansfield and still has affinity for The Stags. He said working under Mr Haslam during his last spell was almost impossible.

He had both hands tied behind his back and a bag over his head.

Jamie has always been wrong about Billy, just like he's always been wrong in sticking up for that lying, thieving, drunk driving raspberry.

Be fair Dan - Jamie was spot on about Tafazolli :D
And he nailed it with his suspicions about Radford's intentions when he first arrived, and stating JR must run the club sustainably, even though with Keith it was 'his club' and 'up to him how he ran it'

Sorry Jamie, but it's your unshakeable ability to ignore the wealth of opinion and facts to maintain your skewed view is what makes you so, err.....endearing! ;)

The case against you stacks up like a Notts County FA cup scoreline :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Jamie is a loser.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Happy Birthday Billy
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Previous