{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby 1966Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:22 pm

chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
chambta wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
chambta wrote:It's just a question now of which month we overtake you.

I'll go for February.

chambta, you're level on points with the 91st team in England. You have nothing to crow about.

The man who takes obsessed to a whole new level.

How's the Jack Lester dart board holding up?

You’re having a bit of a run under a new manager. It won’t last. You’ve been lucky against Forest Green and Barnet. Both relegation candidates just like you. You struggled to get past them.

You’re REALLY getting in front of yourself, sheep boy.

Lucky in what way?

Much the better side on both occasions apparently.

One form line is going up, the other is heading down. At some point the two will cross.

And even if it isn't this season natural order will soon return.

Natural order? You finished bottom last year and now talk like you have won the league because you are outside the relegation zone from the football league on goal difference. Just love how much your owner has lowered your fans expectations and you just let him get away with it with no fight - but then if you don't attend games not a lot you can do.
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Foxy wrote:
chambta wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I'll go for February.

chambta, you're level on points with the 91st team in England. You have nothing to crow about.

At least he allows you to post here unlike the mard arses on your board.

Here we have a young Spireite moderator

That's a very good point Foxy. I've tried to post on that board but they want let me nowhere near.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

They don’t like it up em.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:51 pm

bluetoof wrote:All Spireites grinned at the "going down" chants the other week, knowing no one in the ground believed it .

We'd win the league if we'd started the season with Sir Jack

:hysteria: What colour's the sky on your planet? :hysteria:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm

The natural order is for Chesterfield F.C to finish above Mansfield Town F.C.

CFC>MTFC.

There are a whole generation of adults (many of them now grandparents in the Mansfield area) who are yet to experience anything else.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Foxy wrote:
chambta wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I'll go for February.

At least he allows you to post here unlike the mard arses on your board.

Here we have a young Spireite moderator

That's a very good point Foxy. I've tried to post on that board but they want let me nowhere near.

'They want let me anywhere near'.

:lol:
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:46 pm

He said nowhere. If you're going to try and act smart at least get it right . Kn0bhead. :lol:
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Indeed. I stopped at the first error.

I really should have known better given the the general level of posting on here, a few posters apart.

Consider my wrist duly slapped.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 pm

chambta wrote:Indeed. I stopped at the first error.

I really should have known better given the the general level of posting on here, a few posters apart.

At least the people who run the site are magnanimous enough to let your sorry arrse on here.

Unlike the dribblers over on your pee poor forum.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:33 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

At least the people who run the site are magnanimous enough to let your sorry arrse on here.

I've no idea what you're talking about.

I'm glad though that a place like this allows someone like yourself, with clear mental issues, to vent their anger.

No doubt your local council picks up the tab for some of your care but we should all welcome the inclusive nature of this website.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:38 pm

chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I've no idea what you're talking about.

I'm glad though that a place like this allows someone like yourself, with clear mental issues, to vent their anger.

No doubt your local council picks up the tab for some of your care but we should all welcome the inclusive nature of this website.
Chambta I honestly think Sir Jack's "success" has turned you a bit giddy. Perhaps you should give it a rest for now.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Unfortunately every media platform has people like this Bellwiff knocking about.

Chesterfield won’t go down. Around mid table is my guess.

This is the worst professional league I have ever seen. The standard of football on offer is shocking. Chesterfield will not go down.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby convertmel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 pm

What's wrong with belly? :shock:
Ok,I don't often sympathise with his views but still I'd rather read him than a lot of the homogenised rubbish on here
At least you know it's what he believes
not what he thinks people want to hear....
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm

convertmel wrote:What's wrong with belly? :shock:
Ok,I don't often sympathise with his views but still I'd rather read him than a lot of the homogenised rubbish on here

Cheers Mel.

This Chambta fool is getting properly in front of himself. Joint 91st out of 92 teams and he’s making out like they’re Barcelona.

It’s actually hilarious.

PS. No anger issues here. Just amusement at your obsession.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Wonder if the transfer window could see players from both sides swapping over.
Not sure lescter would like it but he needs something.
Any loan from us to them wouldn't harm our campaign.
Hate to say it but we earn good money from them if they stay up and we fail on promotion.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
convertmel wrote:What's wrong with belly? :shock:

Cheers Mel.

This Chambta fool is getting properly in front of himself. Joint 91st out of 92 teams and he’s making out like they’re Barcelona.

It’s actually hilarious.

PS. No anger issues here. Just amusement at your obsession.

There's little wrong with you that I can't help you with.

PM me for more of those chats off here x
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:19 pm

I’d rather raspberry in my hands and clap than engage with you outside this medium. You cornholer

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Well what can I say ?
chambta asked for 'facts not supposition' with regards to how the gap between us has changed over the last 10 games. After a little bit of research I worked out that the gap had decreased by a massive 2 points (meaning it would take them another 60 games to catch us at that rate) yet 24 hours later he hasn't even acknowledged the response.
I guess the truth hurts !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Well what can I say ?
chambta asked for 'facts not supposition' with regards to how the gap between us has changed over the last 10 games. After a little bit of research I worked out that the gap had decreased by a massive 2 points (meaning it would take them another 60 games to catch us at that rate) yet 24 hours later he hasn't even acknowledged the response.

He's a spireite - deluded by nature. Don't expect reason to even come into it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:11 am

Fact is we're 10 points from Luton. If he believes Chesterfield can overtake us by February, how deluded would we be considered to be if we said we'd overtake Luton by then....cosidering we have 2 points less than they do to make up the ground?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:30 pm

So you've confirmed that I was right and the gap has reduced. I guess thanks are in order, Dave, for your dilligent work.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm

They've obviously done better of late, late wins against Barnet for instance would be cancelled out by a 97th minute leveller for Swindon and our late goal, which was completely undeserved in the context of the 2nd half.

Much work would still be required, as when/if they go back on a bad run they'll be back in the relegation zone sharpish. In context we've got 1 point from the last 6 and out of the playoffs on GD
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Apparently there might be no promotions from Conference this season and no relegation from League Two and this might be a god-send for the spireites

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gfo ... =200691725

Apparently if a conference team with a 3G pitch finishes in a promotion place will not be able to get promotion and the teams at bottom of League Two will be reprieved.

There are a number of teams at top end of conference this season with 3G pitches.

It would just be our luck for the spireites getting a reprieve

I think the chances of Sutton, Maidstone or Bromley winning the league are very slim personally. However it is possible.

If any of them finished in the play-off places, they would simply be replaced in the play-offs by the next club down the table.

If in the unlikely case that Sutton, Maidstone or Bromley did win the league, then I don't think anyone knows what would happen. Would the 2nd placed team be promoted automatically, or the 2nd bottom team in League Two be reprieved? I can imagine it will be chaos. Note that it is only possible for one team to be reprieved at the bottom of League Two.

I'm hoping to get to Sutton v Dover (3rd vs 1st) on Tuesday if I possibly can.

some new info on this which I found interesting:

Ebbsfleet United vice-chairman Peter Varney critical of 3G pitches
By Steve Tervet
stervet@thekmgroup.co.uk
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/s ... te-156721/

11 December 2017

Peter Varney says 3G pitches encourage a more direct style of play and doesn't want them in the Football League.

The Ebbsfleet vice-chairman wrote at length about the subject in his programme notes ahead of Saturday's home game against Guiseley.

Three of Fleet's rivals in the National League play on artificial surfaces and have all started the season well.

Mr Varney said: "There is a meeting on Monday with the chairman and CEO of the National League at which the issue of artificial pitches will once again raise its head.

"At the start of the season Bromley, Maidstone United and Sutton United all gave undertakings that if they were to secure promotion to League 2 this season they would rip up their plastic pitches and lay new grass pitches.

"The fact that all three clubs are now in the top 10 (Maidstone dropped to 11th on Saturday) has led to calls by all three to the EFL to amend their rules, scrap the undertakings given at the beginning of the season and allow teams with artificial pitches to be promoted.

"If any of the clubs were to be promoted to League 2 and refused to lay a new grass pitch they would be automatically relegated to National League South. This was done to avoid clubs giving meaningless commitments.

"I have made my personal views known on artificial pitches on many occasions.

"I accept the commercial arguments are valid in that they provide income streams that can sustain clubs. The football arguments in my view outweigh that in the wider interests of the game we all love.

"When we played at Sutton a few weeks ago the high bounce of the ball worked against a team like us that likes to get the ball on the floor and play. It encourages a more direct and less attractive style of play.

"It also seems to me that the surfaces can vary greatly depending on the sum spent and players talk openly about how some of the surfaces are inconsistent in terms of the underlying sub-structures and surfaces.

"Those who support artificial pitches will point to their use in Scotland and in European competition but some of the surfaces I have seen on TV are much closer to grass and the ball runs truer than those I have seen at our level.

"In my view football will always be a game to be played on grass but if one day they can produce pitches which effectively mirror grass pitches at our level then I might be persuaded but I doubt it."
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Apparently there might be no promotions from Conference this season and no relegation from League Two and this might be a god-send for the spireites

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gfo ... =200691725

Apparently if a conference team with a 3G pitch finishes in a promotion place will not be able to get promotion and the teams at bottom of League Two will be reprieved.

There are a number of teams at top end of conference this season with 3G pitches.

It would just be our luck for the spireites getting a reprieve

I think the chances of Sutton, Maidstone or Bromley winning the league are very slim personally. However it is possible.

If any of them finished in the play-off places, they would simply be replaced in the play-offs by the next club down the table.

If in the unlikely case that Sutton, Maidstone or Bromley did win the league, then I don't think anyone knows what would happen. Would the 2nd placed team be promoted automatically, or the 2nd bottom team in League Two be reprieved? I can imagine it will be chaos. Note that it is only possible for one team to be reprieved at the bottom of League Two.

I'm hoping to get to Sutton v Dover (3rd vs 1st) on Tuesday if I possibly can.

some new info on this which I found interesting:

Ebbsfleet United vice-chairman Peter Varney critical of 3G pitches
By Steve Tervet
stervet@thekmgroup.co.uk
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/s ... te-156721/

11 December 2017

Peter Varney says 3G pitches encourage a more direct style of play and doesn't want them in the Football League.

The Ebbsfleet vice-chairman wrote at length about the subject in his programme notes ahead of Saturday's home game against Guiseley.

Three of Fleet's rivals in the National League play on artificial surfaces and have all started the season well.

Mr Varney said: "There is a meeting on Monday with the chairman and CEO of the National League at which the issue of artificial pitches will once again raise its head.

"At the start of the season Bromley, Maidstone United and Sutton United all gave undertakings that if they were to secure promotion to League 2 this season they would rip up their plastic pitches and lay new grass pitches.

"The fact that all three clubs are now in the top 10 (Maidstone dropped to 11th on Saturday) has led to calls by all three to the EFL to amend their rules, scrap the undertakings given at the beginning of the season and allow teams with artificial pitches to be promoted.

"If any of the clubs were to be promoted to League 2 and refused to lay a new grass pitch they would be automatically relegated to National League South. This was done to avoid clubs giving meaningless commitments.

"I have made my personal views known on artificial pitches on many occasions.

"I accept the commercial arguments are valid in that they provide income streams that can sustain clubs. The football arguments in my view outweigh that in the wider interests of the game we all love.

"When we played at Sutton a few weeks ago the high bounce of the ball worked against a team like us that likes to get the ball on the floor and play. It encourages a more direct and less attractive style of play.

"It also seems to me that the surfaces can vary greatly depending on the sum spent and players talk openly about how some of the surfaces are inconsistent in terms of the underlying sub-structures and surfaces.

"Those who support artificial pitches will point to their use in Scotland and in European competition but some of the surfaces I have seen on TV are much closer to grass and the ball runs truer than those I have seen at our level.

"In my view football will always be a game to be played on grass but if one day they can produce pitches which effectively mirror grass pitches at our level then I might be persuaded but I doubt it."

:clap: :clap: Good man.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am

Macclesfield have a 3G pitch they're top of the league.. any team that get promoted with a 3g pitch will have to change it for turf or face being relegated 2 divisions for none complience of football league rules.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum