{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:08 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: Ones crawled out the pit of misery , kick him back in :lol:

Dilly Dilly

Jeez, what a hideous beer that is!

:lol: Last thing to play well at your place was Lionel Richie :lol:

No arguments here. It's beyond abysmal.

:lol: Remember looking down on us , now the mighty have fallen :lol:

Football is dog eat dog and now ours is more cleverer than yours

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:14 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
die hirsche wrote:But you came on here knowing that you'd get attacked.
So why cry about it?

Why should that be the case though? Why can't a Chesterfield fan come here and have a talk? Why does it have to be such nonsense? We've both been through some raspberries, and there's good discussion to be had. I did expect a bit more, it's quite surprising.

Would a bucketful of lime green jelly help?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Spiritater wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:
So why cry about it?

Why should that be the case though? Why can't a Chesterfield fan come here and have a talk? Why does it have to be such nonsense? We've both been through some raspberries, and there's good discussion to be had. I did expect a bit more, it's quite surprising.

You missed it Spiro. I even had to eat your popcorn
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Spiritater wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:
So why cry about it?

You've got me there, I don't get the reference
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm

I don't want Spireites to go bust. The majority of Stags fans don't, but I'd be more than happy for you to suffer beyond your wildest nightmares and not face us in a league match for another 20 years.
Last edited by ParisStag on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:52 pm

die hirsche wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:
So why cry about it?

Your board administrators banned all known stags fans when you got relegated.

Can you ask them why that was?

Exactly! They loved giving out but can't handle getting it back. Instead they come on here, pretending to be oh so nice, with the "oh! no I really did fell sorry for you" line, and expect us to swallow it.

Just accept it you sheep molester, we hate you, we have no sympathy for you, we want to see you rot and we are flipping loving every single flipping moment of it.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:53 pm

5 years in the pit of misery and losing half your fan base will do for me.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:5 years in the pit of misery and losing half your fan base will do for me.

Lilly livered lefties. ;) :lol:
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm

how long before AFC Mansfield play um ?
must only be two leagues apart now int it ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:39 pm

The only Spireite I’m looking to joining in on here is MXCVIIV (or similar) from Blobs bored.

I have pages and pages of his vile comments to remind him of, regarding our relegation, Haslam, Batchelor etc, etc, etc

I doubt he’ll have the swingers to register though, so looks like I’ll have to make do with reading (and laughing profusely) every time he expresses his manic depressive angst at the cheats current plight.

A grade a weapon, receiving grade a karma :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby joey bananas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 am

Beano wrote:The only Spireite I’m looking to joining in on here is MXCVIIV (or similar) from Blobs bored.

I have pages and pages of his vile comments to remind him of, regarding our relegation, Haslam, Batchelor etc, etc, etc

I doubt he’ll have the swingers to register though, so looks like I’ll have to make do with reading (and laughing profusely) every time he expresses his manic depressive angst at the cheats current plight.

Beano, why don't you register on their board. I have and it's quite amusing sometimes. There is a current thread "no longer our little neighbours"
I would re post his comments on that thread if you are able to do it my friend. They need reminding of what they were like in 08 as a lot of them are in total denial that they ever rubbed it in to us. As soon as they went down all of a sudden they turned into genuine "I never said that" merchants. Enjoy
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby julianshatnasty » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 am

And this is exactly the reason why this board is deteriorating. Used to enjoy it 10-15 years ago. Sad what it's become.

Bring on the abuse, bunch of tribalistic monkeys. No wonder non football fans think football fans are idiots. Feel sorry for Martin Shaw.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sharp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 am

Spireite Uk - I have a question that has been intriguing me for a while and you may be able to help. Where has been the efforts/ protests ot backlash from the fans around this whole situation.

It's quite shocking how our 2 clubs situation have almost paralleled each other - but at least during the dark days of Haslam our fans can stand up and say they tried to get rid of him from the club, tried to get the story out both locally and nationally and put a lot of hours into various endeavors. I've seen nothing from your fans at all.

This isn't a dig I'm just genuinely interested in how everyone just seems so apathetic to the whole situation?
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spireite_uk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am

Sharp wrote:Spireite Uk - I have a question that has been intriguing me for a while and you may be able to help. Where has been the efforts/ protests ot backlash from the fans around this whole situation.

It's quite shocking how our 2 clubs situation have almost paralleled each other - but at least during the dark days of Haslam our fans can stand up and say they tried to get rid of him from the club, tried to get the story out both locally and nationally and put a lot of hours into various endeavors. I've seen nothing from your fans at all.

This isn't a dig I'm just genuinely interested in how everyone just seems so apathetic to the whole situation?

I think that's a big question, with a lot of answers. Firstly is probably that Allen is the owner, and has apparently consistently put his hand his pocket to keep the club ls finances stable when needed. He's not a nice man, but he's not bleeding the club dry like Darren Brown was. He's not a criminal. He's also up in this with an obscene amount of money. The fans of Chesterfield have clubbed together to buy the club in the past, but that was a drop in the ocean in terms of what we owe Dave Allen. £10m+ and growing. He's the type of man that will want the vast majority of his investment back too, hence why he's still here when he clearly doesn't want to be. If there was someone known and reliable ready to step in and take up the financial burden, I think there'd be protests and signs, but there isn't. Carson is the bigger problem to be honest. Allen really is just the money man, but it's Carson horrific mismanagement that has led to the awful situation we find ourselves in. But again, Allen is a stubborn man and I don't think there's any way on God's green earth he's going to sack his mate just because the fans want it.

I don't think there's any easy answer really like I say, but there's definitely an element of 'better the devil you know', because some of the names being put out as potential buyers of the club in recent past have made us worry even more. Reg Brearley? A wanted man for crimes in other countries? Nameless Chinese consortium's? No blinking thanks.

I think the only thread we're holding onto at the moment is that we might magically start getting better on the pitch. If not, we'll just have to see what Allen decides to do with his investment. Will he eventually lower the price to allow a fan buyout? What happens to servicing the debt the club has after that? It's just a mess, and not one that protesting is easily going to fix
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:13 am

If Chesterfield FC ended tomorrow, we would be the winners our fanbase and youth pool would have more potential. This will happen anyway if they stay down there for 5+ years.

Nobody cares about chesterfield or any other L2 or below club.

They are as irrelevant to the football world as those clubs who surround them, the likes of Havant & Waterlooville and Braintree. That's where they are now. They'll soon be as forgotten as Stockport County or Darlington.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:15 am

Spireite_UK. Don't take too much notice of the extreme views of the majority of posters on this board, unfortunately that is sadly an indication of how this board has degenerated over the last few years, those with more measured views and opinions got sick of being shouted down and abused for daring to disagree rarely if ever bother posting anymore. I'll be honest, like most Stags fans I have taken great delight in your on field demise and being a regular visitor to bobs board have laughed myself silly at the descriptionsame of your performances and players individual abilities, and the general angst of your fans. Some of the posters on here have short memories, if it wasn't for a snow storm and the intervention of a handful of local businessmen we would undoubtedly have gone the way of darlington or probably worse. I for one, and most of the people I talk to have no desire to see your club fold and would hate to think we will never play you again, never have the anticipation of a trip to your place and the drend of actually losinget. Those are the kind of days that make supporting lower league clubs so special. People should be careful what they wish for, we have already seen the likes of Stockport, Darlington, York, w Rex ham and torquay being replaced by forest Green, Morecambe, Accrington and crawley. Who next? Salford and harrogate? No thanks. I sincerely hope someone can find a way to stabilise your club and that you eventually return to the football league, but not too soon eh.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:22 am

The fact Allen tried to pump cash in to hit the championship and it exploded so spectacularly ironically puts them in a much worse position than we were with the dark lord in charge.

Because he asset stripped the club didn't owe him millions and millions he only really held the ground (thankfully not for much longer) but Allen is owed £10m+ he isn't going to write that off unless he has no other option (another relegation may force it) and no one in their right mind is going to pay £10m+ for a national league club unless they have even dodgier intentions.

If there is a fan buyout at some stage it also raises the question if they could operate that ground on a shoestring budget because it must cost a fortune just to run never mind try and buy.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 am

Maybe you could rework some of your suggested songs :lol:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... 13933&st=0
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:If Chesterfield FC ended tomorrow, we would be the winners

I don’t think there are ever any winners when a football club goes bust, especially one with a long history like them.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 am

yellafella wrote:Spireite_UK. Don't take too much notice of the extreme views of the majority of posters on this board, unfortunately that is sadly an indication of how this board has degenerated over the last few years, those with more measured views and opinions got sick of being shouted down and abused for daring to disagree rarely if ever bother posting anymore. I'll be honest, like most Stags fans I have taken great delight in your on field demise and being a regular visitor to bobs board have laughed myself silly at the descriptionsame of your performances and players individual abilities, and the general angst of your fans. Some of the posters on here have short memories, if it wasn't for a snow storm and the intervention of a handful of local businessmen we would undoubtedly have gone the way of darlington or probably worse. I for one, and most of the people I talk to have no desire to see your club fold and would hate to think we will never play you again, never have the anticipation of a trip to your place and the drend of actually losinget. Those are the kind of days that make supporting lower league clubs so special. People should be careful what they wish for, we have already seen the likes of Stockport, Darlington, York, w Rex ham and torquay being replaced by forest Green, Morecambe, Accrington and crawley. Who next? Salford and harrogate? No thanks. I sincerely hope someone can find a way to stabilise your club and that you eventually return to the football league, but not too soon eh.

Spot on for me in every respect YF
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:01 am

Beano wrote:Maybe you could rework some of your suggested songs :lol:

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.p ... 13933&st=0

There you go spireite_uk that's how much sympathy we got from you lot. So toddle off and count your fingers, remember both hands makes a dozen.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:05 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:The fact Allen tried to pump cash in to hit the championship and it exploded so spectacularly ironically puts them in a much worse position than we were with the dark lord in charge.

Because he asset stripped the club didn't owe him millions and millions he only really held the ground (thankfully not for much longer) but Allen is owed £10m+ he isn't going to write that off unless he has no other option (another relegation may force it) and no one in their right mind is going to pay £10m+ for a national league club unless they have even dodgier intentions.

If there is a fan buyout at some stage it also raises the question if they could operate that ground on a shoestring budget because it must cost a fortune just to run never mind try and buy.

I think in some ways, whilst the parallels are remarkably similar, our respective falls into the Conference is where it’ll probably stop. Our drop into the conference probably speeded up Haslam’s exit, and our ultimate turnaround, because there was nothing for him to recoup and no more left to bleed from the club, without him having to put his hand in his pocket to generate – so he took the ground with him, which is all he ever wanted anyway, and left the club to someone else. An owner like JR would be incredibly lucky in any context, but after Haslam it felt like a gift from the Gods.

I’d imagine that Chesterfield’s drop into the conference will lengthen Allen’s stay because there is a big figure that he wants to recoup, but he’s only likely to get anywhere near it in the league. The club has significantly reduced in value with relegation, and he’s never going to get it back whilst it’s a conference club. It feels like 2 options for them – either Allen will invest in the playing squad to get them up and sell it for as much as he can, or he’ll decide that it’s not worth it, and take the scrap value. The literal 'raspberries or bust'.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:43 am

Dan wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:If Chesterfield FC ended tomorrow, we would be the winners

I don’t think there are ever any winners when a football club goes bust, especially one with a long history like them.

I know what you're saying Dan, but sentiment for a football club aside, we would benefit.

I've said before, I don't want them gone, I just want them forgotten, like Stockport and York are with infrequent trips into the FA cup first round where we can beat them 4.0 at a canter.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:59 am

Beano wrote:The only Spireite I’m looking to joining in on here is MXCVIIV (or similar) from Blobs bored.

I think he's been on her for a while. Strangely not seem him/her/it lately - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1275

Condescending raspberry, look where you're 'little neighbours' are compared to your lot :hysteria:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:21 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:The fact Allen tried to pump cash in to hit the championship and it exploded so spectacularly ironically puts them in a much worse position than we were with the dark lord in charge.

Just to be clear, this didn't happen
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum