{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:56 pm

:lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:13 pm

What do you call a Spireite with 50 sheep ? A pimp :P
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
chambta wrote:
Sneag wrote:You can't afford to

What makes you think our powers that be make decisions on that basis?

Because this is the kind of thing that happens to supporters when clubs are on their knees - you get repeatedly kicked in the balls from all angles. We used to think things wouldn't happen, and then they did - and then you'd kick yourself for being so stupid to not think they'd happen. No one on here would have believed before the famous game where you got 3 sides that you'd get 3 sides, then you did - and then we all thought 'yeah, that was definitely going to happen if we'd have thought about it'. I think (this is from memory) there was a game v Notts County (may have been the same season) where Stags season ticket holders were locked outside because County had sold their ticketed allocation, home fans were pay on the day (because Haslam knew tickets would limit the number of fans, and income) and County fans without tickets just turned up early and got in.

No-one thought it could get worse than Haslam, then Stephen Booth got involved with him, then John Derry, etc.Then John Bachelor got mentioned, and Harchester United. No-one thought we'd ever get to a stage where we'd lose 4-0 away at Hayes & Yeading in front of 400 fans, then we did. It was almost as though a Spireite was writing our script, and seeing just how ridiculous he could make it. I dont even know when the time was when we hit the bottom of the barrel, because there were so many times that it could be.

If Dave Allen has the club up for sale, is subsidising it on a monthly basis, has no chance of selling it any time soon and can see income diminishing with possible relegation, but has the chance of recouping a bit of cash by selling 1,000 - 2,000 seats at £20 each to Stags fans that would otherwise be sat empty, then he's doing it. And if you're very lucky, it'll only be 3-0 away at Hayes & Yeading.

A good post pal.

I meant more that they are incompetent and incapable of making sensible financial decisions. For whatever reasons, good or bad.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Chesterfield FC have announced losses of £500k for the past financial year. The Spireites followed the previous year’s £40k profit with an overall loss of £506,735 for the 2016/17 financial period. A club statement blamed relegation, a fall in the amount of cash brought in by transfers and reduced gate receipts. The statement, posted on the club’s website, said: “Relegation during the trading year saw the income fall by nearly £900,000 compared to the previous year. This was mainly due to the reduced amount of transfer fees during the year. Gate receipts and season ticket money fell by £290,000, although TV and football awards increased by £280,000. The club’s costs were reduced by over £200,000, despite the costs incurred of replacing the manager and coaching staff during the year.“

Company secretary Ashley Carson admitted the financial performance was a disappointment. “Whilst the results are disappointing, the year had been extremely challenging, with five directors resigning and relegation to League Two. The club managed to negotiate a reduction in the interest costs of the loans to £100,000, from £244,000 the previous year.”
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 pm

chambta wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:
chambta wrote:
Sneag wrote:You can't afford to

What makes you think our powers that be make decisions on that basis?

Because this is the kind of thing that happens to supporters when clubs are on their knees - you get repeatedly kicked in the balls from all angles. We used to think things wouldn't happen, and then they did - and then you'd kick yourself for being so stupid to not think they'd happen. No one on here would have believed before the famous game where you got 3 sides that you'd get 3 sides, then you did - and then we all thought 'yeah, that was definitely going to happen if we'd have thought about it'. I think (this is from memory) there was a game v Notts County (may have been the same season) where Stags season ticket holders were locked outside because County had sold their ticketed allocation, home fans were pay on the day (because Haslam knew tickets would limit the number of fans, and income) and County fans without tickets just turned up early and got in.

No-one thought it could get worse than Haslam, then Stephen Booth got involved with him, then John Derry, etc.Then John Bachelor got mentioned, and Harchester United. No-one thought we'd ever get to a stage where we'd lose 4-0 away at Hayes & Yeading in front of 400 fans, then we did. It was almost as though a Spireite was writing our script, and seeing just how ridiculous he could make it. I dont even know when the time was when we hit the bottom of the barrel, because there were so many times that it could be.

If Dave Allen has the club up for sale, is subsidising it on a monthly basis, has no chance of selling it any time soon and can see income diminishing with possible relegation, but has the chance of recouping a bit of cash by selling 1,000 - 2,000 seats at £20 each to Stags fans that would otherwise be sat empty, then he's doing it. And if you're very lucky, it'll only be 3-0 away at Hayes & Yeading.

A good post pal.

I meant more that they are incompetent and incapable of making sensible financial decisions. For whatever reasons, good or bad.

That is a very sad but honest post. Please forgive me chambta but I can't give you empathy because I don't think the night we got relegated I had any from any one supporting your team.
I do have empathy for Hartlepool who are going through worse than your lot at the moment,
They could fold like we nearly did.
If you survive well done if not join the many who have been there.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 am

At the moment there is one difference.........they aren't down yet.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 am

Looking on Bobs Board the titles of the threads at the top are very reminiscent of those that were at the top of our board in the years before we finally went down: accounts, takeovers, threads about MPs, the board, etc. They're almost a mirror image of the couple of years up until our relegation, even down to having one of the leading scorers in the league, despite being at the bottom. I'd put their position about that of us in 2007.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

Irrespective of whatever team you support, returning home from game on the day that relegation from the football league is confirmed (Everyone remember the long journey back from Dagenham), the owners and custodians of your dreams will never feel it as hard as you do.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:53 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Nearly 100 pages of watching the sheep fall from a foot or toe in the championship to a very loud creaking trap door into the abis....

MTG

Relegation Is Pending

Chesterfield

:lol:
https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9011486

I've not read so much rubbish in my life.....

Lester is an utter tool someone else who sounds like he's trying to run before he can walk....

Well done agent Jack talking sense keep it up....

If the sheep are 8 points adrift when they play the mighty Stags it would be funny to take blow up hammers n nails when Miller Rose n Hemmings all score just wave them around like a demented Stag rutting ....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Lost to a goal on 90+5 :lol:
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:48 pm

MTG bwahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 pm

They really are the gift that keeps on giving.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Seems some of them are having doubts as to whether Sir Jack is up to the job.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

A selection of quotes from Bob's Board this evening...

"I actually hate the Club"

"Down we go. The most pathetic squad in our history"

"Oh dear jack. The plan was to strengthen in january, you hsve now brought in a complete team of signing, some don't even make the bench, some are already injured, and some are clearly not good enough, we were better before you made all the signings, you have put too much faith in kids, we are a shambles all over the pitch, clueless infact, and now you should start shouldering some of the blame."

"Time for the king to abdicate"

"Lester Out"
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Another sheep post regarding agent Jack.....

We didn't have an outlet - no wingers who were on the bench and a rookie keeper. They had two or three real threats. We had none. O Grady and Coke Men of the match for me. Lester is turning out to be another, yet another managerial problem.

He needs to keep a low profile while inside enemy lines
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Their next four games look tough . I wouldn't mind them drawing them all to help us out as long as the others around them win .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Giles Coke limped off injured apparently. I thought he was a good player when he was with us, but has had very little game time in the last year or so.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 pm

My concern is they may give Agent Jack the boot and get a manager who knows what he's doing :lol:
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm

tmwilson wrote:My concern is they may give Agent Jack the boot and get a manager who knows what he's doing :lol:

Don't worry, if Slack Jack's cover is blown, as it seems to have been, we have replacement operatives ready and briefed to take his place. Agents Saunders, Wilson and Caldwell all contributed to achieving the overall objective. If Agent Lester isn't the one to complete the mission, we have backups.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 pm

So they're 3 points adrift at the moment. If that turns into 7 points adrift by the time we play them with 3 games to go you know what time it is.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Where's farmer Chumpta tonight ?
Surely he's still not playing on farmville ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 am

Crewe are my only concern of them surviving.
They are dropping like a stone.
Hopefully it turns around for them.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 am

This terrible situation with Chesterfield has cost me £198 in the last week I'm afraid to say.

Knowing that they could be relegated in May, I couldn't turn down the opportunity to turn up and dance on their turf at the Lionel Richie concert in June.
Yes, it may be putting money into their coffers, but I did not pay my money until the January transfer window was closed and they couldn't spend any of it on players.

If, and it's a big if, Chesterfield are relegated in May, I'm happy to do a sponsored Dance On Any Part of the Pitch You Like-a-thon for the whole concert.

As for tonight, :lol:
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:05 am

Can't see where they are going to get a win from in their next four games at all. Writing should well and truly be on the wall by the end of those four tough fixtures.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:15 am

Foxy wrote:So they're 3 points adrift at the moment. If that turns into 7 points adrift by the time we play them with 3 games to go you know what time it is.

HAMMER TIME!!

Please let this happen :hysteria:
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum