{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby withnail » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:44 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
The One wrote:Gimme two mins gone to fetch me popcorn

I actually didn't come here for argument, but just got rounded on by a couple of neanderthals for no reason. If this is indicative of your fan base as a whole, it's a poor show. I hope it's not, and don't think it is.

You seem a sensible chap, but coming onto a rivals forum, calling certain posters 'neanderthals', then protesting about the lack of reasoned debate… not your finest hour is it?
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:20 pm

It would be marvelous if their local derby in 2-3 years time was against Alfret... nah, let's go for it eh

Staveley MW v Chesterfield :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Are Spireite still paying off Saunders’ Contract?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Spireite you need to ask yourself did you gloat when we went out of the league - I would guess yes

Well this is karma ....heard of that

Most of us are enjoying your plite - apart from the 4-6 points a season

You have enjoyed all the abuse of regulations under Brown and laughed and even now Bobs Board refers to ‘ our little neighbours’. If you want sympathy post on Bobs Board.

You are a club in decline - get used to it

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:02 pm

yorkstag wrote:Spireite you need to ask yourself did you gloat when we went out of the league - I would guess yes

You have enjoyed all the abuse of regulations under Brown and laughed and even now Bobs Board refers to ‘ our little neighbours’. If you want sympathy post on Bobs Board.

COYS

I never did any of those things. I don't buy into this faux hatred of people I've never met.
You're right about the club in decline bit though, what gave it away?
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 pm

But you dont comment on whether you gloated?

Faux hatred - it’s real. I’m a normal professional person but I detestf cfc. You’re collectively arrogant and
have abused the rules

Don’t suddenly become reasonable when you are in the mire . Enjoy the misery

Look up karma and post on here what u think it means

You reap what you sow ... not good is it. Payback time
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Spireite you need to ask yourself did you gloat when we went out of the league - I would guess yes

COYS

I never did any of those things. I don't buy into this faux hatred of people I've never met.

There's nothing faux about my hatred for every last one of you scummers, believe me.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 am

What you didn't reach the Championship? Yeah we got that pal.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:02 am

yorkstag wrote:But you dont comment on whether you gloated?

Faux hatred - it’s real. I’m a normal professional person but I detestf cfc. You’re collectively arrogant and
have abused the rules

He did say he never gloated at the top of his message. I don't hate CFC, that is a word that needs reserving for the things in this world that are impacting on us all in a negative way, Donald Trump for example, Climate Change, Paedophiles etc etc.
I think it's amusing that all the abuse that was given out to us has come home to roost in spades, but end of the day they are local rivals who we both need to survive. Take away the tribalism of football and there's not a lot left.
I miss the Stockports, Yorks, Hartlepools, even Wrexham, swapping for the likes of Morecombe, Accy, Burton, FGR etc etc, no thanks.
This chap probably has always been reasonable, the 'mistake' he has made is attempting to come on here for any debate, and vice versa for any of us going to their board for the same, before Scab etc etc comes out. Too many of us get consumed with 'hatred' in the broadest sense of the word. A bit like the use of the phrase, 'he's a legend'.
A mate of mine passed away in Ashgate Hospice a couple of years ago , absolute Spireite to his bootlaces, wanted to beat us so desperately every time we played them, but what a bloke he was, I miss him.
I hope they eventually return, not just yet, because it will probably take the form of Lincoln City, but to never play them again.......you're joking surely. The moment Sir Malvind, or Calvin or Keith, or Liam, or Terry Eccles etc etc put them to the sword, goodness I miss those moments!
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:18 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:

have abused the rules

He did say he never gloated at the top of his message. I don't hate CFC, that is a word that needs reserving for the things in this world that are impacting on us all in a negative way, Donald Trump for example, Climate Change, Paedophiles etc etc.
I think it's amusing that all the abuse that was given out to us has come home to roost in spades, but end of the day they are local rivals who we both need to survive. Take away the tribalism of football and there's not a lot left.
I miss the Stockports, Yorks, Hartlepools, even Wrexham, swapping for the likes of Morecombe, Accy, Burton, FGR etc etc, no thanks.
This chap probably has always been reasonable, the 'mistake' he has made is attempting to come on here for any debate, and vice versa for any of us going to their board for the same, before Scab etc etc comes out. Too many of us get consumed with 'hatred' in the broadest sense of the word. A bit like the use of the phrase, 'he's a legend'.
A mate of mine passed away in Ashgate Hospice a couple of years ago , absolute Spireite to his bootlaces, wanted to beat us so desperately every time we played them, but what a bloke he was, I miss him.
I hope they eventually return, not just yet, because it will probably take the form of Lincoln City, but to never play them again.......you're joking surely. The moment Sir Malvind, or Calvin or Keith, or Liam, or Terry Eccles etc etc put them to the sword, goodness I miss those moments!

Really well said Mr Grimsdale!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 am

Big yella wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

COYS

There's nothing faux about my hatred for every last one of you scummers, believe me.

So despite not knowing a person, who they are, what they're like; you automatically hate them because they support a different local team to the one you support, rival or not? That doesn't strike you as a bit silly? I've got some good mates who are Stags fans, I've got a very good mate who I've been through a lot with who's a Wednesday fan and a few mates who are United fans. There's a little bit of banter but no animosity. As a Chesterfield fan I'm told I'm supposed to detest Mansfield as part of the package, but I don't really get it, that's without mentioning the individuals who are fans of Mansfield who I don't even know.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby James » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:15 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:

have abused the rules

Best post i've seen on here for a long time.

Football without your rivals is very boring. As much as i'm finding their current predictment funny, i can't wait for them to be back in the Football League. I would take them being here rather than a FGR/Morecambe etc (no offence intended to those sides).
James
Manager
Manager

Postby spireite_uk » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:19 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Are Spireite still paying off Saunders’ Contract?

Wilson, Saunders, Caldwell, Lester, Branston, take your pick really. I'd be willing th bet we owe money to most of them. The mismanagement since 2015 has really been staggering.
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spireite_uk » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:20 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:

have abused the rules

Well put!
spireite_uk
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 am

spireite_uk wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

have abused the rules

Well put!

Absolutely! I absolutely hate hatred.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Big yella wrote:Boo hoo!!

I was hoping for some sensible discussion. I've said nothing derogative about your club at all. Mansfield fans seem to feel Chesterfield fans rubbed it in their faces when they went down, but then here you guys are doing exactly the same? I genuinely don't understand. I can only speak for myself, and I only hoped that Mansfield would get rid of what was infesting them and come back stronger, which is exactly what happened gladly. Mansfield having been through the mire and survived, I thought might give you some sympathy and compassion for clubs in a similar (or, worse) plight. Not having that strikes me of someone who bravely survived cancer, laughing away on the ward at another cancer sufferer.

You reap what you sow

Suck it up.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm

James wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

have abused the rules

Football without your rivals is very boring. As much as i'm finding their current predictment funny, i can't wait for them to be back in the Football League. I would take them being here rather than a FGR/Morecambe etc (no offence intended to those sides).

I'll take being without the sheep for 5-6 years at the very least. To watch them suffer, and suffer as badly if not worse than we did for those long dark years. We need them thoroughly chastened by the experience, to feel that they've reached rock bottom and think, 'it can't get any worse than this shirley!'. Then lo and behold next week it does. When they do return (hopefuly not for eons) they respect Non League as I'm sure we all still do. Will they as we do now feel that getting out of the BSP was probably one of the top moments in our history. I'd like em to do it like we did and them to have a Hereford moment and be truly thankful at their deliverance from Hell.

Sir Jack Lester was a legend at t'dip, but the man that scores that 'Hereford moment' goal will surpass Lester's exalted status like Matt Green did for us.

On the whole one day they'll be back, but I hope they have to rework the World Cup song which contains the verse,
Thirty years of hurt, Jules Rimet's still gleaming.

and replace it with

Twenty years of hurt, Dave Allen's still here :hysteria: :rofl: :hysteria:

Let's not forget Wrexham are in their 10th season down there :shock: , that'd do nicely for them over t'M1.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Spiritater wrote:
James wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

have abused the rules

I'll take being without the sheep for 5-6 years at the very least. To watch them suffer, and suffer as badly if not worse than we did for those long dark years. We need them thoroughly chastened by the experience, to feel that they've reached rock bottom and think, 'it can't get any worse than this shirley!'. Then lo and behold next week it does. When they do return (hopefuly not for eons) they respect Non League as I'm sure we all still do. Will they as we do now feel that getting out of the BSP was probably one of the top moments in our history. I'd like em to do it like we did and them to have a Hereford moment and be truly thankful at their deliverance from Hell.

Sir Jack Lester was a legend at t'dip, but the man that scores that 'Hereford moment' goal will surpass Lester's exalted status like Matt Green did for us.

On the whole one day they'll be back, but I hope they have to rework the World Cup song which contains the verse,
Thirty years of hurt, Jules Rimet's still gleaming.

and replace it with

Twenty years of hurt, Dave Allen's still here :hysteria: :rofl: :hysteria:

Let's not forget Wrexham are in their 10th season down there :shock: , that'd do nicely for them over t'M1.

eleventh now
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pm

spireite_uk wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spireite_uk wrote:

COYS

So despite not knowing a person, who they are, what they're like; you automatically hate them because they support a different local team to the one you support, rival or not? That doesn't strike you as a bit silly? I've got some good mates who are Stags fans, I've got a very good mate who I've been through a lot with who's a Wednesday fan and a few mates who are United fans. There's a little bit of banter but no animosity. As a Chesterfield fan I'm told I'm supposed to detest Mansfield as part of the package, but I don't really get it, that's without mentioning the individuals who are fans of Mansfield who I don't even know.

Don't know you, don't want to know you. Your a sheep molesting scummer who is getting everything you deserve.

Found a single post from Blobs that showed any sympathy towards us yet, from our 20 years under Hasaloan? No didn't think so.

Don't forget your wellies, Dolly's waiting.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am

[quote="Big yella"][quote="spireite_uk"][quote="Big yella"][quote="spireite_uk"][quote="yorkstag"]Spireite you need to ask yourself did you gloat when we went out of the league - I would guess yes

COYS[/quote]
You're right about the club in decline bit though, what gave it away?[/quote]
There's nothing faux about my hatred for every last one of you scummers, believe me.[/quote]

So despite not knowing a person, who they are, what they're like; you automatically hate them because they support a different local team to the one you support, rival or not? That doesn't strike you as a bit silly? I've got some good mates who are Stags fans, I've got a very good mate who I've been through a lot with who's a Wednesday fan and a few mates who are United fans. There's a little bit of banter but no animosity. As a Chesterfield fan I'm told I'm supposed to detest Mansfield as part of the package, but I don't really get it, that's without mentioning the individuals who are fans of Mansfield who I don't even know.[/quote]
Don't know you, don't want to know you. Your a sheep molesting scummer who is getting everything you deserve.

Found a single post from Blobs that showed any sympathy towards us yet, from our 20 years under Hasaloan? No didn't think so.

Don't forget your wellies, Dolly's waiting.[/quote]

Well said Big Yella I read Bob Board regular it's a refreshing to read the club n fans imploding together this rubbish about them being bigger than Mansfield Town I'm old school n remember the season in the league what is now the Championship something they've never or will achieve. Post above go on about Mansfield Town players getting the accolade of God status by scoring against the raspberry from the wrong side of the M1 but let's not forget the man that goes without saying the greatest man that pulled on the black shirt I give you Sir David Ellery what a performance on that day so any of my fellow Stag fans think 5 years or more is enough for the sheep molesting vile fans of the crooked team I hope they go totally bust an return with AFC Chesterfield Another Failed Club poorly run who thought they're to big to go down..... even.now their fans hold contempt on their status has a non league club......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 pm

You lot are getting your semantics in a twist. 'Hatred' or whatever word you choose to use for football rivals' animosity for each other, is what makes football great. I'm that context, I hate Chesterfield and ever one of their fans. Its nothing personal for the most part, unless they're talking about relatives who worked down the pit, but I just love to hate them.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:23 pm

love it.........if your the Stags fan and don’t enjoy the Cheats downfall i question if you really are a Stags fan

i laugh every single day you fall, you know why?

i hate um always have, always will

we are the Nutters
The Nutters from Notts
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:35 pm

ParisStag wrote:You lot are getting your semantics in a twist. 'Hatred' or whatever word you choose to use for football rivals' animosity for each other, is what makes football great. In that context, I hate Chesterfield and every one of their fans. Its nothing personal for the most part, unless they're talking about relatives who worked down the pit, but I just love to hate them.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:39 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:love it.........if your the Stags fan and don’t enjoy the Cheats downfall i question if you really are a Stags fan

i laugh every single day you fall, you know why?

i hate um always have, always will

we are the Nutters
The Nutters from Notts

And Derbyshire
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:38 am

;) Ebbsfleet in trouble

:lol: Does john Lomas work for Derbyshire times :lol: Ebbslfeet :lol:

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9403722

He loves his Martin Allen Egg Cup :lol:

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... -1-9401688
STAGS FOR LIFE