{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY PRICE

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:24 am

True, a drop back into the Conference and a hike in prices will take the hardcore back to 1200 and home gates at 1500 average. Even to leave prices as they are will kill the attendance if we go down.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:47 am

Spiritater wrote:True, a drop back into the Conference and a hike in prices will take the hardcore back to 1200 and home gates at 1500 average. Even to leave prices as they are will kill the attendance if we go down.

We all thought £15 was way too much for conference football last time we was there, so there is no way people will pay £20/£22. Playing budget will almost certainly be slashed and with all the mounting debts I can honestly see us going part time and never seeing league football again. We could even go down the same path as Stockport, Darlington and Hereford . Think this next 3 months is going to be the most important period in our history, it's either win or bust for me, and no one can contemplate the latter.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:24 am

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:
Spiritater wrote:True, a drop back into the Conference and a hike in prices will take the hardcore back to 1200 and home gates at 1500 average. Even to leave prices as they are will kill the attendance if we go down.

We all thought £15 was way too much for conference football last time we was there, so there is no way people will pay £20/£22. Playing budget will almost certainly be slashed and with all the mounting debts I can honestly see us going part time and never seeing league football again. We could even go down the same path as Stockport, Darlington and Hereford . Think this next 3 months is going to be the most important period in our history, it's either win or bust for me, and no one can contemplate the latter.

thats cheered me up no end :( Do a cartoon :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28 pm

Shall we have a synchronized massed suicide cull just to save us from our induced misery, before it actually happens,..... just to be on the safe side?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 pm

The One wrote:

yeah size 10s, get your crayons out
PYHBO! Fanzine writer/ distributor (#3 in progress)

twitter.com/SatiricalStag (on temporary hiatus)
HitchcocksShins
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:38 pm

During the conference winning season, it was announced prices would rise to £20 entry regardless of whatever division we would be playing in, the fact it ended up being league 2 was lucky.

Don't expect prices to fall if we take the tumble.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:13 pm

BigGuy wrote:

During the conference winning season, it was announced prices would rise to £20 entry regardless of whatever division we would be playing in, the fact it ended up being league 2 was lucky.

Don't expect prices to fall if we take the tumble.

Well the choice is simple for the club if we go down, if they don't drop prices folk'll not fork out for a 2nd helping of Conference so soon after escaping.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 pm

They should do a Sandy Pate bar season ticket for match days, where you can sit in the bar, drink without having to go into the staduim.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:29 pm

yes chander they could call it the ,,<GAIN WITHOUT PAIN SEASON TICKET> :D
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wil0211 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:17 pm

The One wrote:

Please don't bother :roll:
Wil0211
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:39 am

Wil0211 wrote:
The One wrote:

Please don't bother :roll:

Its called irony
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 am

Would it not be a good idea to wait until the end of the season! We could still be playing in league 1 next season!

No club ever reduces prices when they go down - it's like the price of beer and cigs - they will only ever go one way, just they increase less when things are not so good.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby sw11 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:55 am

I have a ST, and I go to about 5 home games a season. I only do this because I like giving money to the club. If we go down, this will stop.

The club could look at making it easier for people to come from the local large employers, ie Tesco, Sports Direct, Rolls Royce, Boots, Experian, the Council etc.
Football, a religion not communicated by the Holy Ghost.
sw11
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 pm

adamstag wrote:Would it not be a good idea to wait until the end of the season! We could still be playing in league 1 next season!

No club ever reduces prices when they go down - it's like the price of beer and cigs - they will only ever go one way, just they increase less when things are not so good.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: if only eh!!!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:39 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
The One wrote:

yeah size 10s, get your crayons out

I was just stating the obvious guys, have you thought that the majority of the squad are either loan players, new signings on contracts until the end of the season or current players who,s contracts are up at the end of the season. If we do end up in that hell hole who is going to stay, not many I can tell you. Then AM will have to build a new squad with peanuts, there will be no big money thrown at the manager this time like there was when Coxy got us out last time. I will still be there whatever division we are in and I will still get a season ticket, but I know a few season ticket holders who will not renew if we end up down there again. We are all supporters and we all want to keep hold of our league status because like muzza said in an article, if we can survive like Wycombe did last season then I believe we have the potential to have a successful campaign next season. Let's forget about ticket prices for next season until we are safe from the dreaded drop and let's get behind the team and get supporting them and make sure we maintain our league status that we fought so hard to get back only 2 years ago. COYS !!
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:Would it not be a good idea to wait until the end of the season! We could still be playing in league 1 next season!

Well not bloody likely, but everyone seems to be planning for imminent relegation and the death and destruction of the universe thereafter, so just thought it might be good to see how things go.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Well not bloody likely, but everyone seems to be planning for imminent relegation and the death and destruction of the universe thereafter, so just thought it might be good to see how things go.

I like your thinking ! ;)
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:53 pm

I didn't realise student prices were £15!!!

How can we justify charging young people at 16/17/18 who are in full time education that price? A tenner maximum for a young person surely?!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 pm

If you look at the ages of our fanbase we are going to be in big trouble when all the 50 somethings(who can remember the "glory years" of two championships)cash their/ our chips in.
The emphasis has got to on attracting the young fan.
I used to take both my daughters in the Lawrence,Greenacre,Corden era and it was by no means cheap.
One still attends when it's £7 a chuck, but otherwise stays away saying it's poor value for money,it is but unfortunately I'm addicted and can't break the habit.
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HU7stag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Its great that the club are finally making inroads to communicate with its fans. Any well run business listens to the needs and requirements of its customers and football clubs should be no different.

There has been some great suggestions on here so far. My suggestions would be:-

- Scrap the all ticket raspberrys that puts off some fans (including away fans)
- Make the IG lower tier and the QLE unreserved seating - unless it's an all ticket game (ie, where it is actually required to be all ticket like a local derby, big cup game etc)
- Have a cash turnstyle for each area of the ground

- Make the QLE and the lower tier of the IG stand the cheaper seating
- Make the Upper tier of the IG stand more expensive than the other areas of the ground, with blocks L to P more expensive than than the 4 remaining blocks

- Create a family area in blocks A and B ( and maybe C) in the lower tier of the IG lower tier
- Offer family tickets, with a cheaper rate to sit in the family area
- Be proactive with local schools in catchment area (ie not just Mansfield district but Ashfield, and other local districts as well), offering free tickets
- Offer appropriately priced tickets for school/college age and students.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Wh_Stag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Family tickets are already available, its £40 for two adults and two kids
Wh_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:13 am

family tickets and family sections: http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/artic ... 82412.aspx
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HU7stag » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:15 am

Wh_Stag wrote:Family tickets are already available, its £40 for two adults and two kids

Well pointed out. And a very good price that is. So fair do to the club on this.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags Fans United » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Thanks very much for all your feedback.
As we stated at the top of the thread, we agreed to report back on the feedback to the club by tomorrow, so we will draw a line at this point.
We will let you know what the summary of the feedback is once we have reported back to the club.

Stags Fans United
Stags Fans United
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby thon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Had a feeling something like this would be on its way:

Contactless Card Limit to Increase to £30 in September
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31164806

Going back to the suggestions of having a card-based turnstile or two in each stand - they can be done now at £20 (I would scrap the matchday increase for turnstile card-based payments - there's no hit on the ticket office here).

And if prices were to rise next season then contactless can still be used on the gate, which ought to make this a no-brainer, really. The club could hand out tickets on the gate with each swipe of a card, if they need to stick with allocated seating.
thon

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum