{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY PRICE

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:13 pm

half way through the season, after sales are known and not going to increase, give out 1000 free season tickets to the two closest secondary schools to field mill.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Talking of schools... The Stags should have free tickets for a different school for each home game, then run a competition between all the schools for who brings the most folk and makes the most noise!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby whipster221073 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:51 pm

From what I have asked and been told in the past, the club do already hand out tickets to the local schools.
However I suppose it's whether our lazy arsed, worked too hard, underpaid, not enough holidays, busy marking books, blah blah blah teachers can find the time / strength or will to hand them out to the kids.

Personally, I would suggest you don't trust anyone to do anything that involves effort for which they are not rewarded. Chances are sweet nothing will happen. Especially teachers.

Put a link on facebook / Twitter for a free download for an Under 7 /12/16 and see the response then.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sharp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 pm

whipster221073 wrote:From what I have asked and been told in the past, the club do already hand out tickets to the local schools.
However I suppose it's whether our lazy arsed, worked too hard, underpaid, not enough holidays, busy marking books, blah blah blah teachers can find the time / strength or will to hand them out to the kids.

Personally, I would suggest you don't trust anyone to do anything that involves effort for which they are not rewarded. Chances are sweet nothing will happen. Especially teachers.

Put a link on facebook / Twitter for a free download for an Under 7 /12/16 and see the response then.

I wonder if the club could get a group of volunteers to look after these kids for the day? My dad always took me along but I remember the junior stags (years ago) organising something like this. The volunteers get a free match ticket and though we make no money, the goodwill and investment in the future would be fantastic.
Sharp
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:11 pm

young vanish wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:Have emailed with my thought's.
Great idea from the club to get the fans on board. Maybe the tide is turning off the pitch a little too.

Excellent, well considered posting whipster, especially regarding attracting youngsters and promotion of the club in general.

Youngsters are the lifeblood and future of small town professional football clubs, capture their attention and interest in those early years and you can have them for life. So I'd go one step further by offering free admission to all under 16s, restrict this to pre-paid only, accompanied by an adult and/or organised parties if you must. Any financial cost would be short term only and more than made up for by larger attendances bringing increased vocal support, improved atmosphere and certain to build a larger fan base for years to come.

I agree with Young Vanish. You become hooked following your local club as a kid from around 8-16. I would therefore support the club giving Under 16s free entry with a fee paying adult.

As Doomy points out, it would be interesting to have an estimate of what the current gate receipts are for U8s-U16s in a season and then consider how many more adults' tickets the club would need to sell to cover that loss. The club currently charges £10 for kids aged 7-16 which is too much in my opinion. The kids are the Stags fans of the future. We take the mick out of Notts County fans but have a look around the One Call, KBS and SPB. We have a very elderly fan base.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Yes, the U17 match day ticket is £10 (advance purchase) and £12 on the day but the season ticket is only £85.

If the number of games 'free' like the other categories then the match day price should only be a fiver.

There is a lot of merit increasing the kids rate to 18 years instead of 16, but the problem then is the issue of policing all the early 20 somethings trying it on and getting a U19 ticket.
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Sharp wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:From what I have asked and been told in the past, the club do already hand out tickets to the local schools.

I wonder if the club could get a group of volunteers to look after these kids for the day?
My dad always took me along but I remember the junior stags (years ago) organising something like this. The volunteers get a free match ticket and though we make no money, the goodwill and investment in the future would be fantastic.

Things have changed now. All the volunteers would have to be CRB checked etc. You can't just let any old Tom, D ick or Harry take care of kids nowdays. T'club would be sued to their last penny if anyone of them ended up being injured etc.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Now you see why they don't put it to the fans.its like reading a sci-fi novel. :-)
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Showaddywaddy wrote:It's a great idea by the club to consult the fans & supporters.

As a season ticket holder I would say this:

My Dearest Darling Mansfield Town,

I am yours forever more, come the day that I fill my lungs with my final dose of oxygen my love for you will be as strong then as it is today. We have had our ups and downs & our downs & downs & I stood by you. For the last year when you really let yourself go and became about as attractive to look at as a fat lass in 'Juicy' joggers with a face so spotty you could easily mistake it for a heavily topped pizza and hair that is so greasy that you could cook enough chips in it to feed a family of 20 scousers for a year. Despite all this my one and only Mansfield I still love you, you are part of me and so long as you don't try and treat my wallet like a cash machine (good look with that) & you keep the price reasonable I don't see us ever being apart.

You are looking much sexier these days and you are much more fun to be around, this will only help keep bums on seats but first you need to get the new supporters through the door to see what's on offer. This is why I say to you, don't spoil me with a special offer as you have me already, instead make it more affordable for the young supporters & families to come, affordable to the point where people can't turn down the opportunity to see a game of league football at that price. If they like what they see, they will stay and like me be yours forever.

It could be the start or many more beautiful relationships between Mansfield Town FC and the people of Mansfield.

Love you Always

Showaddywaddy

Bravo!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:53 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Now you see why they don't put it to the fans.its like reading a sci-fi novel. :-)

Really?

You think that wanting to encourage youngsters in to supporting the club by getting them hooked at a sensible price, and thus building the clubs future essential fan base is an odd fiction?

I personally think that it is an absolute priority that the club needs to urgently address before it's too late.

Yes, the season ticket is very good value. But kids tasting the club for the first time aren't going to do it with a season ticket, they are going to do it with a match day ticket. A £10 match day ticket. Just how absolutely mental is that price?

Kid: "mum, can I have £10 please?"
Mother: "what for?"
Kid: "to go and watch fourth division Stags"
Mother: "hahahahahaha..........you're serious aren't you?"
Kid: "Okay, I'll play Xbox instead"
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:39 am

Ok then, a few observations.

Steve-Hymas:
Your comment was not constructive in the slighest. Why continue to snipe at everything the club ever does. If you had asked the fans the same you might still be in charge of a PROFESSIONAL football club rather than AFC Forest Town.

Sharpy:
Thanks mate. CRB checks are required but there must be a few guys willing to put themselves up for nomination (myself included)

Tippy Tappy:
Spot on mate. They are my thoughts exactly.

Showaddywaddy:
Fantastic fella. Probably what most of us think but can't type at this time of nite.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:43 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
steve-hymas wrote:Now you see why they don't put it to the fans.its like reading a sci-fi novel. :-)

Really?

You think that wanting to encourage youngsters in to supporting the club by getting them hooked at a sensible price, and thus building the clubs future essential fan base is an odd fiction?

I personally think that it is an absolute priority that the club needs to urgently address before it's too late.

Yes, the season ticket is very good value. But kids tasting the club for the first time aren't going to do it with a season ticket, they are going to do it with a match day ticket. A £10 match day ticket. Just how absolutely mental is that price?

Kid: "mum, can I have £10 please?"
Mother: "what for?"
Kid: "to go and watch fourth division Stags"
Mother: "hahahahahaha..........you're serious aren't you?"
Kid: "Okay, I'll play Xbox instead"

The frightening thing is, £10 for an X Box voucher is considered by some the norm.
Yet it's potentially a future Stags fan! Crazy.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 am

Full paying season ticket holders get a free meal in SPB
Kids & oap season ticket holders get a free hat & scarf
Wouldn't cost the club much to implement & would reward & encourage fans
Also think just ONE cash turnstile in the QLE would be a good idea
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 am

Early bird season tickets.
Drop the OAP age back to 60 as it used to be.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby 4dstag » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:22 pm

stag861 wrote:Early bird season tickets.
Drop the OAP age back to 60 as it used to be.

OAP ticket is at 60 already
4dstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jimstag » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Saw this on twitter today:

thought it highlighted 2 good points, 1 categorisation of matches. Either different prices by type of game or just whether it's an all ticket game. Let's face it we don't need the SAG to give us 100% capacity for every game so why not make it easier for the stay away fans.

2 the competition incentivises prepay purchase, something it seems we need to do. Maybe not a shirt how about a midweek discount in the SP and hopefully making the bar busier in the week.

I also agree with cheaper child tickets, I started coming regularly from 14 when season tickets were around £50 and I could take myself, I asked for stags shirts etc for birthdays and Christmases which easily repaid the discount. Even as hoc discounts or a family day might encourage a few stayaways, especially of my age who now have family costs.

Finally most of my mates with degrees who used to come with me at age 14 now live away from the area, many like to meet up and go to the stags when they are back. I think any type of scheme to keep those engaged and informed would benefit the club, they are have decent paid jobs so sure we could get more money out of them on a more infrequent basis?
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:28 pm

It's my belief that you remove any barriers to people attending, however trivial they might seem to some. Shops know this and prop their doors open as much as possible. The club should ensure that the door to Field Mill is always propped wide open.

Never announce that a Stags home league match is admission by advance tickets only for away supporters (whether or not you change your mind later). That is bound to knock a chunk off the attendance. Many people cannot or will not buy a ticket before the day of the match.

Have one cash-based turnstile on each side for pay on the day fans, with an option for contactless payment. I'm aware of the fraud possibilities but surely three turnstiles can be monitored without too much trouble.

Do all match day tickets have to be bought at the club office (or online)? Can't Sainsbury's sell them as well?

£20 is too much for Fourth Division football (whatever other clubs charge, and a lot are much cheaper than this). The £22 pay on the day price is way too much.
There should be some more effort put into schemes that allow prices to be dropped well under the magic £20 mark without losing the club serious money.
We have to recognise that Mansfield is an unfashionable club and has to be priced accordingly. It's no use going for an increase every season either, when wages have been static for quite a few years. In 2011 you could watch Rotherham in L2 for £16.30...and that includes a pie, a programme and a cup of tea. Lots of other clubs have better prices than us. Why are we charging top whack when we're one of the Fourth Divisions's strugglers and the fan base is in one of the poorer areas of Britain?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14365145
Yes, that was four years ago, but few people have seen a wage increase since then. I know that the £7 match scheme has been running but people are still left with the impression that it's a £22 admission charge and that's going to put off hundreds (if not thousands).

As an aside, I got hooked into supporting the Stags when I was a kid because the club used to open the gates at half time so you could get in for free (it was probably for safety reasons but it meant you could come and go freely). That's how I attended in those days, but as soon as I could afford it I got a season ticket. Probably health and safety disallows this safety measure nowadays, but it demonstrates to me how "kids go free" can work to get people addicted. No, I didn't need a parent to accompany me.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:32 pm

That's a good point.

As we all know, it takes the vaguest of circumstances for people to avoid Field Mill. Those excuses need to be eradicated. Mansfield is already a 'can't do, won't do' town; yet MTFC have placed enough barriers in the way for the naysayers to rub their hands together with buoyed gusto.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Some great posts on this thread, and I really can't add much beyond what has already been said.

Main points for me that need to be sorted from day 1 next season,

a) Variable prices for QLE, IGU & IGL. The view is different in each stand & should be reflected in the price.
b) Kids prices up to 18 and as cheap as possible, I'd say no more than £7. The good thing about a £7 admission is it'll leave a lad with £3 shrapnel to spend in the kiosks. If they are 20 years old and spend the £3 on a beer so what, it's £10 the club wouldn't have had anyway and a bum on a seat.
c) Cash turn stile in every stand, stop putting barriers up to getting in the ground.

I do think the fact that the club are asking the fans what they think is brilliant and should be commended. The football model is broken at this level and clubs need to re-engage with their fans and being open to their ideas.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Definately needs to be cheaper in the QLE(even though I don't go in there)!!

Maybe the End section towards the gym could be sectioned off for the Family Section!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:09 pm

I'd go:
QLE - Shouting and swearing loudly section.
IGL - Family section
IGU - Prawn sammich section. :)
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:02 am

Some truly inspired posts on here, I hope some at least come to light.

Not sure how much influence JR could have in this, but having stags and One Call is a golden opportunity to try and offer fans discounts, eg: 20% off ST with every valid car policy, or even 10% discount off insurance for every ST holder.

You could also try and offer discounts on tickets bought when spending 30 notes in the club shop, or discount merchandise with 5 ticket stubs produced.

The main thing is a fairer pricing system, but the club should also try offer discounts to those willing to pay a few quid for stuff outside of just a match day ticket. Otherwise it feels like you've been cheated out your dosh - a bit like going to bed with Julia Roberts in pretty woman and waking up with Julian Clary in the morning
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 am

A few other clubs do ticket bundles, say any 4 home games for X price, with people able to pick what games they want to go to instead of 4 chosen games could be good.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 am

Sneag wrote:I'd go:
QLE - Shouting and swearing loudly section.
IGL - Family section
IGU - Prawn sammich section. :)

Thing is Sneag, they've sold out of prawn sandwiches and mocha locha snotta frappe's at the IGU deli & bistro before it gets to half time; which seriously jolts my inner karma for the rest of the interval and performance.

Bah.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:24 pm

After todays disastrous result all talk about next seasons ticketing prices should be put on hold until we know what league we will be in next season.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum