{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY PRICE

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby jimdadstag » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:19 pm

thon wrote:Had a feeling something like this would be on its way:

Contactless Card Limit to Increase to £30 in September
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31164806

Going back to the suggestions of having a card-based turnstile or two in each stand - they can be done now at £20 (I would scrap the matchday increase for turnstile card-based payments - there's no hit on the ticket office here).

And if prices were to rise next season then contactless can still be used on the gate, which ought to make this a no-brainer, really. The club could hand out tickets on the gate with each swipe of a card, if they need to stick with allocated seating.

Yeah thats great,it could be two adult tickets for the thirty quid limit!
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:38 pm

thon wrote:Had a feeling something like this would be on its way:

Contactless Card Limit to Increase to £30 in September
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31164806

Going back to the suggestions of having a card-based turnstile or two in each stand - they can be done now at £20 (I would scrap the matchday increase for turnstile card-based payments - there's no hit on the ticket office here).

And if prices were to rise next season then contactless can still be used on the gate, which ought to make this a no-brainer, really. The club could hand out tickets on the gate with each swipe of a card, if they need to stick with allocated seating.


How that gonna work then? Allocated seating is just that, ie you buy a ticket for an allocated seat. You can't just swipe on the contactless and be given a ticket as it might be somewhere you don't want to sit. So if you wanted to sit in seat y on row p you'd need someone with a computer and printer on the turnstile and everyone would eventually get in after t'match was 50 mins old.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby thon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:41 pm

That would be the trade-off of paying on the gate, Spiro, but at least you would be able to pay on the gate.

Ideally the club would be able to drop the allocated seating; I was just proposing a way of blending it with pay at the turnstile, without re-introducing cash.
thon
 

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Anyway I'll be sticking with the chip n pin.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Stags Fans United » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Stags Fans United were asked by the club to assist with the consultation with fans on season ticket and match day prices for 2015-2016.

Here is the summary of responses that we put together from all the responses. We provided this to the club. Importantly we also provided all the individual responses to the club so nothing would be overlooked (these individual responses are not provided here).

Thanks again for your feedback.

http://stagsfansunited.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... eason.html
Stags Fans United
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Well done SSA on compiling a good report.

Though, what a very very very disappointing, if not frankly pathetic response. Only 17 people could be arsed to email? (68 people across the whole internet spectrum)
A club with a big share of supporters who moan, whinge and bleat their way through life, yet can't be bothered to give twenty minutes to compose their feelings in a personalized email.

I'm starting to think that Spiro has it right and that apathy is such that the clubs followers can't see further than the clouded misery that fogs their brains allows them.

Stags fans want everything done for them but with minimal effort of their own doing.
Why should Mansfield Town change anything about their current policy when so few can be bothered to make the effort.

A club is only as good as it's supporters I'm afraid boys and girls.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8716
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby The One » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Well done SSA on compiling a good report.

Though, what a very very very disappointing, if not frankly pathetic response. Only 17 people could be arsed to email? (68 people across the whole internet spectrum)
A club with a big share of supporters who moan, whinge and bleat their way through life, yet can't be bothered to give twenty minutes to compose their feelings in a personalized email.

I'm starting to think that Spiro has it right and that apathy is such that the clubs followers can't see further than the clouded misery that fogs their brains allows them.

Stags fans want everything done for them but with minimal effort of their own doing.
Why should Mansfield Town change anything about their current policy when so few can be bothered to make the effort.

A club is only as good as it's supporters I'm afraid boys and girls.


A tad harsh
1 not all fans come on here
2 Some may be happy to keep the status quo?

Appreciate it has been here and facebook but where else?
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9254
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:29 pm

thanks Doomy. One minor clarification: it was done under the SFU umbrella.

The One, we posted the request for feedback on mansfieldtown.net, in the matchday programme, on Mansfield 103.2 Friday night forum, CHAD website, facebook (on SFU page and shared to numerous other facebook pages), on twitter, and on here plus the Stagsnet latest news page. It did not go in the CHAD newspaper I presume because John didn't have space for it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16151
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm

A tad harsh
1 not all fans come on here
2 Some may be happy to keep the status quo?

Appreciate it has been here and facebook but where else?


The request for feedback was posted on 22 January 2015 as widely as we could: on SFU website, on mansfieldtown.net, in MTFC matchday programme, on Mansfield 103.2, on CHAD website, on Stagsnet, on twitter, and on facebook. Fans had two weeks to respond


Internet
Matchday program
radio
newspapers
All of these would also generate word of mouth

I think that is pretty wide coverage

I concur with Doomy although I have to say that the apathy in Mansfield and District has been there for years

This was an amazing/glorious opportunity for the keyboard warriors and others out there who voice their opinions on what is wrong with the club to do so yet they didn't take it up

They should therefore stop moaning having been given an opportunity to changes things yet refused to engage for whatever reason

To note, they were also given two weeks to put forward their suggestions and ideas so they would struggle to say they were given insufficient notice to put ideas forward.
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: St Mary Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby sw11 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:56 pm

A lot of food for thought there. And im sure more ideas will blossom during discussions. Nicely put.
Football, a religion not communicated by the Holy Ghost.
sw11
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:thanks Doomy. One minor clarification: it was done under the SFU umbrella.

The One, we posted the request for feedback on mansfieldtown.net, in the matchday programme, on Mansfield 103.2 Friday night forum, CHAD website, facebook (on SFU page and shared to numerous other facebook pages), on twitter, and on here plus the Stagsnet latest news page. It did not go in the CHAD newspaper I presume because John didn't have space for it.


Yep, sorry, did realise but the night shift I'm working on has meddled with my acronyms.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8716
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:15 pm

The One wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Well done SSA on compiling a good report.

Though, what a very very very disappointing, if not frankly pathetic response. Only 17 people could be arsed to email? (68 people across the whole internet spectrum)
A club with a big share of supporters who moan, whinge and bleat their way through life, yet can't be bothered to give twenty minutes to compose their feelings in a personalized email.

I'm starting to think that Spiro has it right and that apathy is such that the clubs followers can't see further than the clouded misery that fogs their brains allows them.

Stags fans want everything done for them but with minimal effort of their own doing.
Why should Mansfield Town change anything about their current policy when so few can be bothered to make the effort.

A club is only as good as it's supporters I'm afraid boys and girls.


A tad harsh
1 not all fans come on here
2 Some may be happy to keep the status quo?

Appreciate it has been here and facebook but where else?


I guess my problem is that we have to frequently put up with an endless supply of vitriol, yet when given the opportunity to possibly make a difference many of this section fail to pick up the ball and take a shot.

I find it very difficult to believe that only 68 people across Stagsnet/Facebook/Radio and media/Official club sources saw the opportunity and made their claims.

I realize that not every patron is a sad bugger like me and the rest of us, who frequent forums, but come on folks, this is a serious pastime for most of us so why wouldn't any of us not want to have our say?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8716
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby The One » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
The One wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Well done SSA on compiling a good report.

Though, what a very very very disappointing, if not frankly pathetic response. Only 17 people could be arsed to email? (68 people across the whole internet spectrum)
A club with a big share of supporters who moan, whinge and bleat their way through life, yet can't be bothered to give twenty minutes to compose their feelings in a personalized email.

I'm starting to think that Spiro has it right and that apathy is such that the clubs followers can't see further than the clouded misery that fogs their brains allows them.

Stags fans want everything done for them but with minimal effort of their own doing.
Why should Mansfield Town change anything about their current policy when so few can be bothered to make the effort.

A club is only as good as it's supporters I'm afraid boys and girls.


A tad harsh
1 not all fans come on here
2 Some may be happy to keep the status quo?

Appreciate it has been here and facebook but where else?


I guess my problem is that we have to frequently put up with an endless supply of vitriol, yet when given the opportunity to possibly make a difference many of this section fail to pick up the ball and take a shot.

I find it very difficult to believe that only 68 people across Stagsnet/Facebook/Radio and media/Official club sources saw the opportunity and made their claims.

I realize that not every patron is a sad bugger like me and the rest of us, who frequent forums, but come on folks, this is a serious pastime for most of us so why wouldn't any of us not want to have our say?


Forgot to add, club know the fans feeling re no cash on day turnstiles and allocated seating. Has anything changed ? No
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9254
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby thon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Thing is, many of those who moan don't have an alternative idea to put forward - that's just life.

But perhaps the SFU could take some of the related groups of ideas, and run a few polls? e.g. a poll for matchday pricing options, a poll for paying on the turnstyle options, a poll for family ticket options, a poll for singing area options, etc.

And then maybe a 'poll of polls' - which of those issues are most important to you?

The initial consultation has generated a number of ideas, but to me there is an additional opportunity, here - many of those who didn't engage with the 'blank sheet of paper' exercise would probably still give an opinion once various options are laid out for them. That might generate some additional useful feedback.

This would help in that -> https://www.surveymonkey.com
thon
 

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:03 pm

You'd think so Thon, but I genuinely think that many still wouldn't even be bothered to fill in a quick ticksheet survey; yet would happily bemoan their grievances on the net or sat in the stands.

I find it a little bit frustrating, as ultimately I'd love to see MTFC one day become a fully fledged fan/community run football club, however I think that as a group as a whole we are tainted by a 'can't be bothered' malaise. If folks, as a unit, can't be bothered then it's highly unlikely that that sort of arrangement would ever come to pass.

I do however think that if SFU could take their findings and deliver an online questionnaire, with links from all of the sources that Martin named earlier, it would be a useful operation to see want the response would be.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8716
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby part time pete » Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm

I wonder how many suggestions have the club taken on board?
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Stoney » Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Can the SSA not request John Radford to reinstate student prices for mature students with NUS cards?

I say mature students... If somebody went to uni a year or 2 later and is 22-25 they miss out! It's a joke.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby part time pete » Fri May 15, 2015 9:32 pm

SUMMARY OF FEEDBACK FROM FANS ON SEASON TICKET AND MATCH DAY PRICES FOR 2015-2016


SUMMARY - MOST COMMON THEMES:

Pricing of matchday tickets
Lots of different suggestions for pricing of matchday tickets.
Every single person who commented on pricing had £20 as the top price (no-one had £22).
Most common suggested price for West Stand Upper matchday price: £20.
Common theme that Quarry Lane End should be cheaper than West Stand Upper (with recognition that North Stand for away fans would have to be same price). Most common suggested price for Quarry Lane End matchday price: £15 closely followed by £18.
A few (not many) suggestions that West Stand Lower price should be between West Stand Upper and Quarry Lane End price.
Very strong theme to remove more expensive tickets on matchday, as it is a barrier to the casual walk-up fan.
The strongest message of all the feedback was to have one pay-in-cash turnstile per stand (you only need to “trust” 4 people to do this, if trust was an issue at turnstiles before). Strong comment that the club needs to stop making the casual fan jump through hoops to get in.
Never say a game is all-ticket, unless it really has to be, including for away fans. It is another barrier to walk-up fans, and the club should stop putting up barriers to people getting into the ground.
Most common suggested price for OAPs: £12.
Strong message on reducing prices for kids. Need to attract youngsters. Lots of agreement that school leaving age is 18 and kids prices should be up to 18 years age. Most common suggested price for under 7’s is free, and most common suggested price for 8-18 years is £7. Some suggestions that U18’s should be free with an adult. Other suggestions of a “Dad & Lad” combination ticket or a “family ticket” (there is already a family ticket and a family section area).
Strong message on cheaper student tickets (perhaps around £10-12), though one suggestion of an 18-21 years age price instead of students

Some other points mentioned (by few people):
Disabled tickets (specific point, see full document).
Cheaper prices if travel from further afield.
Mobile phone purchasing/scan-in (rather than print tickets).
£7 games - some for and some against comments (e.g. against: Northampton game will lose money as lots of Northampton fans expected anyway; also against: if have too many then might put people off season ticket; for: attracts people to come who wouldn’t otherwise, etc.)

Season tickets
No strong feeling that season tickets are too expensive.
Should not be an increase next season.
As for matchday comments, school leaving age is 18. Currently Season Ticket price goes from £85 to £300 for 16-17 years.
U11 (or similar) season ticket free if accompanied by adult season ticket.
Cheaper student season tickets (perhaps around £150-£180)
Half season tickets should be available from mid-season.
Offer instalment plan (probably with some premium of say 10%), perhaps by direct debit.
Early bird not too early.

Some other points mentioned (by few people):
Free subscription to StagsPlayer for Season Ticket holders.
Money off in club shop for Season Ticket holders.
Season Ticket holders receive free replica shirt.
“Family Season Ticket”.
Need for Family Stand or Family Area
Create a Singing Section to create a better atmosphere in the ground
Have an area in the ground with unreserved seating. Perhaps the unreserved seating area (if it was one area of the ground) could be accessed by a cash turnstile where the match day price is the same as the advance ticket price (Doncaster Rovers are trying an unreserved area for the fans behind the goal next season to try and improve the atmosphere at the Keepmoat).
Mini-Season Ticket, e.g. for five or six games (“Six pack”), or for midweek games (“Floodlit Five”)).
Membership scheme for those people perhaps not local and not able to go to many games.
Birthday card for kids (currently SSA does this).

Stags Fans United, 6 February 2015
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Dan » Fri May 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Prices to get in at stags next year in Quarry Lane end with membership card .up to 7 years old it free.Up to 16 years old it's £5.Up to 21 years old it's £10. And £15 for adults.
Get in the Quarry Lane end and make some noise

That's from Steve Hymas on Facebook.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6087
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Bradders » Fri May 15, 2015 11:49 pm

part time pete wrote:Every single person who commented on pricing had £20 as the top price (no-one had £22).

Bradders wrote: Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:28 am
The £22 pay on the day price is way too much.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2962
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 16, 2015 6:51 am

Why consult then take no notice?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7122
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Spiritater » Sat May 16, 2015 7:21 am

Because they can.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby ParisStag » Sat May 16, 2015 7:41 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Why consult then take no notice?


It's not because they ask our opinion that they will (or necessarily should) follow it. There are lots of suggestions, do let's see how many get followed. They have to ballanced it somehow. What would be good is if someone could do a recap on the summary post, but with all the decisions taken by the club.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby part time pete » Sat May 16, 2015 8:54 am

Just a few off top of my head.

Fans said would pay £20 to buy a ticket on match day. Lower west ticket on day £20.

Fans wanted a cheaper u21 ticket than paying adult price. Now even cheaper than OAP price.

Fans wanted £15 as price for QLE. Club put that in place.

Young adult season tickets not £300, now £180

Fans wanted under seven's free. Club agreed
We might win against Accrington next time, if we ever play them again.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: CONSULTATION BY MTFC WITH FANS,SEASON TICKET/MATCH DAY P

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:41 am

part time pete wrote:Just a few off top of my head.

Fans said would pay £20 to buy a ticket on match day. Lower west ticket on day £20.

Fans wanted a cheaper u21 ticket than paying adult price. Now even cheaper than OAP price.

Fans wanted £15 as price for QLE. Club put that in place.

Young adult season tickets not £300, now £180

Fans wanted under seven's free. Club agreed


Thanks Pete, now i'm just off to celebrate my 6th birthday :)
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], northstandstag and 10 guests