{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by Play the Reserve Side

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by Play the Reserve Side

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Sedgwick wrote:fans on here are moronic.. you don't deserve a winning side. Honestly feels like this place only comes alive when something bad happens, sad sad lot. If you get your quick fix and storm the league, you'd all be quiet and probably still unhappy theres nothing to winge about...

A manager needs time to build. Time to learn from sides like Exeter. Sick and tired of the idiotic manager out response... how about start making a flipping atmosphere at matches, might do more than sacking another manager and needing another whole new squad....

Want him and the club to succeed long term, were not getting anywhere with the constant turnover off players and staff...time to try supporting the manager and the team. Over and out.

Why give a poor manager time ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:fans on here are moronic...

Hence your presence
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Change is needed, this is the best squad in the league imo and Flitcroft's record is nothing short of atrocious.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Moronic, yes that's a good term for me.
I must be a moron, just for hoping for a good season for my football club. For wanting players that give a damn and have some fight, and mostly for wanting something more than just another bang average season, to add to the most of the collection over the last 48 years I've been turning up.
Moron, I like that!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Now I’m not jumping into the he must be sacked gang as I can see DF is trying to build a philosophy......but having said that his position will become untenable if he doesn’t pick up maximum points in the next month imo.

Too many dropped points/Circumstances without no evidence of learning from mistakes.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Why does Flipflop persist with this stupid formation that we obviously don't have the players for ? Playing this way we simply don't score enough and we concede too easily but the stubborn raspberry keeps playing it.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:02 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Now I’m not jumping into the he must be sacked gang as I can see DF is trying to build a philosophy......but having said that his position will become untenable if he doesn’t pick up maximum points in the next month imo.

Too many dropped points/Circumstances without no evidence of learning from mistakes.

Build a philosophy ? He couldn't even spell it !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Those guys with the “flip flop” flag and jumpers will be gutted if he goes.

Bet they thought they were onto a winner with that one.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby awalkinthepark » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Stag95 wrote:Change is needed, this is the best squad in the league imo and Flitcroft's record is nothing short of atrocious.

I don't think we are close to having the best squad. Should be doing better absolutely but I would suggest challenging for play offs standard squad.
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm

So frustrating this, I make it 23 points dropped from winning positions in this season and the last. 6 points dropped from a winning position this season.

Don't think Flitcroft is fully to blame as this horrific 1-1 mentality in our team was a feature in Steve Evans side.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:11 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:So frustrating this, I make it 23 points dropped from winning positions in this season and the last. 6 points dropped from a winning position this season.

Don't think Flitcroft is fully to blame as this horrific 1-1 mentality in our team was a feature in Steve Evans side.

Seriously though it wasn't, we were fourth with a game in hand when this clueless muppet took over.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:15 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:So frustrating this, I make it 23 points dropped from winning positions in this season and the last. 6 points dropped from a winning position this season.

If Flitcroft can go around 20 games unbeaten like Evans side I’ll eat my hat. Bored of folk knocking Evans in defence of Flitcroft, he’s won more promotions in his career than Flitcroft has wins for us, he had a good chance of taking us up if he didn’t up sticks, and he’s top of the league with Peterborough. I hate the bloke for ditching us but knocking him won’t make Flitcroft a better manager.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:34 pm

I agree our tendency to concede late goals and failure to protect a lead is concerning.

If we can sort that, we will be where most expect us to be.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I agree our tendency to concede late goals and failure to protect a lead is concerning.

You know they say one of the definitions of insanity is to repeat the same action time and time again and expect a different outcome.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:49 pm

This tippy tappy football will win us nothing and it's a mirror image of Chesterfield last season who played good football buy won sod all
If he doesn't get to grips with this team soon it will be a long hard season
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

You know they say one of the definitions of insanity is to repeat the same action time and time again and expect a different outcome.

They do.

Is it a tactic deployed by DF. Or is it a mental thing from the players?

Either way DF needs to sort it quickly.

Be interesting to see Martin's report and feedback from the hardy souls who go to away games.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

They do.

Be interesting to see Martin's report and feedback from the hardy souls who go to away games.

It was exactly the same as previous home games Andy. We created very little IMO, lots of nice build up play with no end product. The Cambridge keeper had next to nothing to do apart from one smart save in the 2nd half. Cambridge were bang average and were there for the taking however they piled the pressure on in the last 10 mins or so and we just faltered like usual.

We don’t defend well enough to keep a 1-0 lead and we don’t create enough to have more than a 1-0 lead
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Going away is getting a trudge, I’ve only missed FGR this season and after another desperately disappointing result I am losing the motivation to travel, I’ve cancelled Bury in my mind, only a convincing win next Sat might change my mind.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

They do.

It was exactly the same as previous home games Andy. We created very little IMO, lots of nice build up play with no end product. The Cambridge keeper had next to nothing to do apart from one smart save in the 2nd half. Cambridge were bang average and were there for the taking however they piled the pressure on in the last 10 mins or so and we just faltered like usual.

We don’t defend well enough to keep a 1-0 lead and we don’t create enough to have more than a 1-0 lead

I try and keep positive, but it does need sorting. Thanks for feedback
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:21 pm

I too am getting tired of travelling to away games to watch us desperately clinging on to leads and then drawing. We I will reassess my away games for the forseeble future.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:40 pm

It was poor no excuses ,this team are a long way from a promotion winning team dont blame DF its just so frustrating watching players who we know can play giving the ball away so easily and the complete lack of cohesion still we go again more in hope than in faith
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Frustrating...yes
Over the top reactions .....Yes

I,m off to Bobs board for a cheeryup(it usually works these days :lol: )
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:50 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 pm

One plus from a disappointing result. Having heard his interview I'm impressed with Bobby's attitude. He is obviously disappointed having not kept a clean sheet.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum