Exclusive full match commentary of the pre-season friendly against Walsall at the One Call Stadium will be on StagsPlayer. Commentary is by Martin Shaw and Steve Hartshorn.
Please follow the direct link from:
There will also be exclusive commentary of all other pre-season friendlies, home and away, on StagsPlayer.
Commentary for the other games:
Notts County - Martin Shaw with Neil Shaw
Aston Villa - Martin Shaw with Darren Shaw (MTFC supporter director from Stags Fans United)
Birmingham - Martin Shaw and Craig Priest (match cancelled)
Leeds - Martin Shaw and Nigel Pinnick
Grimsby - Martin Shaw and Craig Priest
Lincoln - Martin Shaw and Craig Priest
Walsall - Martin Shaw and Dean Foulkes
There will be short video highlights of each game, edited by Martin Shaw, free to view on the club's official YouTube channel, with extended video highlights of each game on StagsPlayer.
There will be full match reports and player ratings here on Stagsnet of each game.
To subscribe to StagsPlayer, follow this link. StagsPlayer costs £37.99 for 12 months via direct debit, or £4.49 per month. About 40% of this money goes to MTFC. StagsPlayer subscribers get commentary of all Stags home and away league and cup games, and exclusive extended highlights of every game. Short highlights are available free to view on the club's official YouTube channel.
StagsPlayer commentary is now working on iphone/ipad via the Football League app.
StagsPlayer commentary is NOT working on android via the Football League app.
PTV/FLi acknowledged in January 2014 there is still a problem with the mobile StagsPlayer for android users, despite having had since May 2013 to sort it out! Very disappointing.
UPDATE 10 Feb 2014: The club has met with the Football League rep of FLi today. He said that the "FL technical team don't know how to put Player on Android yet", but will "look at it before the end of the season". This is obviously more disappointing news.
However if you are a mobile or tablet user on an android operating system (eg. a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or a Samsung tablet), you can access StagsPlayer audio and video by first installing an old version of flash. Thank you to stagmanrob on the Stagsnet messageboard for the step by step instructions:
1. Go to "security" on your android phone/tablet. Put a tick in the check box in your settings labelled "Unknown sources" (basically this allows you to download 3rd party apps, not just ones from Google Play)
2. Download this archived version of flash player for android by tapping on this link http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/184.108.40.206/install_flash_player_ics.apk
(Note that this software comes from the official Adobe website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installing-flash-player-android-devices.html)
3. When the download completes, close your browser, open Notifications, tap install_flash_player.apk, and when prompted tap Install.
4. Flash player is now installed, and your browser should automatically play audio and video in flash.
5. Don't forget to change your security settings back.
Latest | August 2014